Full Service Pool Care

10/27/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We requested service on our pool and our pool pump was damaged.
I requested service on 09/24/14 and the tech came on 09/25/14. He said he was unable to service the pool because the pool pump was shutting off and on. He said he was unable to vacuum as well due to that problem. He advised me that he needs to figure out how the pump works and need to replace a filter and he will come the following day. On 09/26/14, I came home and found my water hose running. We called to tech and he said that he forgot to turn of the water. He also said the he can't figure out how to get the pump to work. My husband turned on the pump to try and get the pool serviced and the pump was making an extremely loud noise. Before hiring the company our pool pump was in good condition. We called the owner ***** on 09/29/14 to address the issue and the company is delaying resolving the issue and denying that the pool pump was damaged by his technician. We would like our pool pump repaired at the cost of the company because the damaged was caused by them.

I would like for them to repair our pool pump so we can get our pool serviced.

This response was provided verbally to BBB:

Customer called us to service the pool, it was green and had a lot of debris on the bottom. We told her we could service the pool a few days in a row to get it cleaned up. The first day the guy went out he tried to turn the pump on, it started for a few second and shut off. The customer was standing right there when he turned it on. He didn't damage it and we never saw the pump working which is why the pool was green. We could not buy the customer a new pump because we didn't break it by turning it on. You have to have a working pump in order for us to service your pool so we never completed any service or took any money from the customer.

I submitted a request online to Full Service Pool Care the week of September 22 to request cleaning service to our pool. I have receipt from Pinch-a-Penny as evidence that our pool were being serviced on a weekly basis; therefore, our pool was not green. In addition, the pool pump was operable. The pool had debris at the bottom which was why we were requesting service. I received a call from **** (the pool tech) on September 24, 2014 stating that he was at my home to service the pool. He was unable to service the pool because our gate was locked and both my husband and I were at work. Full Service Pool Care did not inform us of a date, so we were not even aware of the appointment that day. I advise **** that I will leave the gate unlocked on September 25 for him to service the pool. I received a call from **** on September 25, he advised me that the pool need a filter and need vacuum and explained that it will cost $150.00 for the filter and initial cleaning due to the debris at the bottom of the pool. He also explained that he was unable to vacuum the pool because his vacuum does not fit our pool, he would need to get an attachment to fit our pool. I agreed to the service. On September 26, I came home at 6:31pm to find my gate open and a hose attached to my water faucet on the side of my home and the other end of the hose was in the pool. The water was also running. The pool pump was left open with the filter exposed. The soil around the pump area was soaked with water. I texted **** to ask him if my water faucet needs to run all night, **** never responded to the message (I have proof). My husband called him around 7:30pm and he did not answer. He called my husband after 8:00pm and explained that he was unable to service the pool because the pool pump was shutting off. My husband asked **** the reason for the water hose left in the pool with the water faucet running; he said to my husband that he forgot to shut the faucet off. **** told my husband he will come to our home September 26 to finish the service. My husband ask **** to ring the doorbell when arrives, so he can come outside with **** while he service the pool. On September 26, **** ring the doorbell around 9:00am, my husband goes to answer the door and **** was gone. He detached the water hose from our faucet and obviously did not want my husband to see him service the pool because he knew the pump was inoperable. Therefore, he rang the doorbell and left abruptly so we were not able to speak to him. My husband felt something was suspicious when **** left abruptly, so he went outside to check the pool pump. When he turned the pump on it was make a really loud noise. My husband called **** but he never answered, nor did he return his call. September 29, 2013, I called Full Service Pool Care and spoke to ***** (the owner). I explained to him that **** came on Saturday, September 27, 2014 and left and did not service the pool. ***** said to me that **** does not know how to operate that type of pump and he did not know what to do so he was waiting on me to tell him what to do. So I asked *****, what is the reason for **** leaving the running faucet running for more than three hours on September 26? He said that it was necessary for the service, and then I told ***** that **** said that he forgot to turn the faucet off. So I said to *****, why we did not receive a call from anyone to make us aware of what was going on. I explained that it was very unprofessional for **** to leave and we don't receive a call or anything. ***** explained to me that he would have to come out and take a look at the pump. I told him that my husband checked the pump on September 27 and the pump is making a loud noise and our pump was operable before receiving any service from Full Service Pool Care. I explained to ***** that **** damaged our pump and they need to accept liability for the damage. ***** explained to me that if the motor is gone in the pump there is nothing he can do. He said that he has nothing to do with electrical parts such as the motor. I said to *****, if there was problem with the motor of the pump, why did **** say that we only needed a filter when he came to service the pool? I also asked *****, why no one ever called us to advise us of service details regarding when **** will return or the motor being inoperable and making a noise? He said to me that he has a customer and abruptly hung up the phone on me. Before filing the complaint with BBB, I made the attempt to resolve the issue the company. September 30, I sent him an email via Full Service Pool Care website to ask that no one return to our home and I will proceed to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Overall, the pump was operable because **** said the pump was turning off and on when he went to service the pool and he did not know how to turn off the pump (so he must have damaged the pump trying to figure out how to operate it). Next, the owner lied saying that we were standing there when the pump was turned on. We have proof of timesheets from our employer showing that we were at work when **** was servicing the pool. In addition, I have text message evidence showing what he said was needed to service the pool and he never advised us of the pump making a noise or being inoperable. I found this company on the Better Business Bureau with an A- rating. The company did not have any complaints filed against them; therefore, I trust this company would be a professional honest company to do business with. If **** serviced the pump and heard a noise, Noisy, screeching front and/ or rear bearings will let you know when you need to do something. However, we were never notified of that information. The soil around the pump area was soaked with water. Bearings can become damaged when the pump has run dry and overheated, or if the pump is put under high loads. **** obviously left the pump opened and he left water running to refill the pool, so there is a possibility the pump ran dry and overheated. A noisy pump can also mean cavitation. This sounds less like screeching and more like grinding. This condition is caused by starving the pump for water. Thus, if the pool motor was damaged initially, Full Service Pool Care should have notified us before any service was done. It is clear that when a pool motor is damaged a pool cannot be serviced. The pool service was being done because the pump was operable. Based on the overall service, the tech was inexperienced and provided with minimal training. I left a check for payment under the doormat for the tech. He never took the payment for service because he apparently knew the pool motor was damaged. The owner and the tech totally avoided returning calls or service after the damage. When I hired the company I assume they would act with high integrity and ethics. This company has been totally dishonest due to guilt. I will receive my utility bill this month and I will have proof of the running left running as well. I would like to request $315.00 for repair for my motor. I have proof of the repaired needed as well.

This response was provided verbally to BBB:

We sent BBB the pictures we took of this pool when she asked us to start service. You can see that the pool is green. We did not break the pump by turning it on and then off again. It shut off right away and we cannot take responsibility for the pump that we never saw working to begin with.