In West Florida

ECO Roofing & Windows, LLC

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

05/10/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior repair

Complaint: The companies Eco Roofing and Aculine Roofing did not complete the initial repair as described in the paperwork and contract and funds were exchanged.
My name is ****** and I am residing in the home of **************** who owns this property. I contacted the company of Angie's List about a roofing job and settled on a company called Aculine roofing to do my repairs. The gentleman I spoke with was **********. He did an assessment of the roof and the inside drywall on the ceiling that was damaged. I complained of two leaks in two different locations and he agreed. The contract was drawn up in Aculine roofing's name and signed. Aculine roofing quoted us the amount of 6500.00 to build and repair the second floor roof, side siding, flat deck roof and install a wedge in it to give it a slope, and the ceiling drywall that was damaged inside the house. I was to pay half up front and half after the job was completed. They worked on the roofs and told me the job was completed and that they would do the inside of the drywall later. Later that same day the leak reappeared in the ceiling. They came the next day and "fixed it". They said they had to wait the next day to complete the drywall until the ceiling was dry. It didn't rain so we had no leak that day and Eco Roofing came the next day to do the ceiling dry wall. After finishing the drywall it as dark and wet and the gentleman said it will dry seamlessly and match the original color. it didn't. The drywall was spotty and unprofessional. That night when the drywall was drying it rained and the leak continued. I called and complained about the leak so they came up with the solution to run a hose on the roof to pinpoint the exact location. I thought that was late coming since the job had been said to be completed and I wrote them a check for the remaining 3250.00. Why this was not an option earlier or even suggested in the first place has me baffled. To me this means the initial evaluation was not done properly. They ran the hose and found the leak and on the flat deck then told me they needed to redo the entire flat deck on the house, quoting me 1500.00 additional dollars for the job. I was stunned and asked why I had to pay more money for a leak that has never been fixed as well as unfinished drywall repairs. He informed me that they did the repairs quoted on the contract and the extra money represented a new job and materials. To me its all the same job and its not done. Why am I required to pay them twice to do the same job? At this point we have had appointments to resolve the matter and we cannot come to an agreement. I have called ********** Aculine Roofing and even Eco Roofing and they did not show up for our appointment set today not to mention my roof and ceiling still leak and the drywall has chipped and fallen. I can have pictures for evidence if need be. At this point I am beyond frustrated and would like a refund on the job. I feel taken advantage of to be honest and the job has not been completed to my standards. I understand materials were used for the repair and the second story does not leak. I would like this resolved. Thank you for your time and consideration.

This response was taken verbally by BBB:

We are committed to trying to find the leak in the roof. The customer has a two-tiered roof. We sealed the top tier and there is no leak and no water coming through at all. The bottom tier has 3 levels connecting and we feel we have sealed it and no water is getting in. The next option is to take the siding off and find out how the water is getting in. I plan to do this at no charge to her to find the leak and repair it. I will take care of the drywall inside the house too. I thought we were going out on Monday but I was told we were waiting on a phone call from the customer to go out. I am available whenever she wants us out to do this.

03/18/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: Willful negligence to provide a Waiver and Release of Lien for full payment of a roof at my residence.

On 5 Jul 2012 ECO Roofing installed a roof and was paid in full for $9400 (check). On 6 Mar 2013 I was informed by my bank that refinancing of my home could not proceed because ECO Roofing had a lien document on file at the county courthouse for the property. I notified Mr ****** of ECO Roofing of my problem and he stated he would take care of it. Over the next two days I called him back and got the run around. He never returnd any of my calls. The refinancing is time sensitive and I need the Waiver of lien o be filed in order to complete the refinancing.

This response was taken verbally by BBB:

This situation has been resolved.

07/18/2012Problems with Product / Service
11/01/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: Mr. ****** did not pull permit/put new defective/roof for $3325, scream and refused to accept poor work/defect 5/2011
Eco roof system, I purchased new with workmanship, they did it within few hours took $3325 and since it is leaking with every rain, I am calling and begging ***** ****** to repair he acts either rude or ignores, problem persists, he arrogantly ignore every phone call I made to him and gave him a year to make up for his company mistake, now I need to complain for his works without pulling permit despite contract stating he would pull permit, he milked me, now I have to redo this roof with different company and repair water demage which resulted from this every rain leaking roof.

This response was taken by phone:

************ from ECO Roofing stated he would pull the proper permit and re-roof your home by the end of August.

Today is 10/18. Permit is posted only, work did not start.
According to responce it is second week passing since work was promised? Can I get a date work is being done? I have all patio furniture covered and moved and cannot use patio because constantly being work is starting since August.

This response was taken verbally by BBB:

We went out Thursday of last week (10/11), pulled the roof off the inspector checked everything. We sealed everything up and it passed inspection. I paid a fine to PCCLB for not pulling a permit and this has all been closed. I will send the report to BBB.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

05/07/2012Problems with Product / Service