In West Florida

A Old Time Roofing

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

10/16/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Delayed completion of repair

Complaint: HAVE BEEN WAITING ALMOST 3MONTHS FOR REPAIRS TO MY ROOF TO BE COMPLETED. THIS HAS CAUSED CONTINUED DAMAGE TO INSIDE OF MY HOME.
A OLD TIME ROOFING PUT A NEW ROOF ON MY HOUSE 10/16/2003 FOR $11,642.93. FEW YRS LATER WE HAD LEAK IN MASTERBEDROOM WHICH THEY CAME OUT AND REPAIRED. 3 MONTHS AGO THE SAME AREA STARTED LEAKING ALONG WITH AN AREA IN MY KIDS BATHROOM. I CALLED COMPANY AND WAS TOLD SOMEONE WOULD GET BACK TO ME BUT DIDN'T. I CALLED ONE WEEK LATER AND WAS TOLD THE SAME THING. I CALLED ONE WEEK AFTER THAT AND WAS TOLD THEY HAD NO RECORD OF MY EVER CALLING BUT THAT SOMEONE WOULD GET BACK TO ME!! I CALLED AGAIN AND ASKED IF THEY COULD JUST RECOMMEND ANOTHER COMPANY BECAUSE I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT THE ONGOING DAMAGE THAT WAS OCCURING INSIDE MY HOUSE AND OBVIOUSLY THEY WERE TOO BUSY. I WAS TOLD BY "***" THAT THEY WERE "ALL CAUGT UP NOW AND SOME ONE WOULD BE OUT TO LOOK AT THE LEAKS. FINALLY SOME ONE DID COME ON 8/23/12 (5 WEEKS AFTER MY ORIGINAL PHONE CALL). HE WENT ON THE ROOF AND TOLD ME HE FIXED THE LEAK IN MY CHILDRENS BATHROOM(NO CHARGE) BUT THAT THE LEAK IN THE MASTER BEDROOM WAS A MUCH BIGGER REPAIR WITH WOOD ROT AND WOULD COST $800. I AGREED TO THE PRICE AND SAID GO AHEAD. HE SAID HE WOULD BE BACK OUT EARLY THE NEXT WEEK. IN THE MEANTIME THE AREA HE SAID HE FIXED WAS STILL LEAKING SO I TOOK OFF WORK THE DAY I WAS TOLD HE WOULD BE OUT THERE SO I COULD SHOW HIM IT WAS STILL LEAKING BUT HE NEVER SHOWED UP AND I WASN'T CALLED. I CALLED THE OFFICE AND WAS TOLD BY "***" THAT HE WOULD BE OUT 2 DAYS LATER BUT AGAIN HE DIDN'T SHOW UP AND I WASN'T CALLED. THIS HAPPENED 2 MORE TIMES FOR A TOTAL OF 4 TIMES THAT I TOOK OFF WORK TO BE THERE AND NOONE SHOWS UP. I THEN ASKED THAT THE REPAIRMAN CALL ME SO I CAN FIND OUT FROM HIM WHEN HE WAS COMING AND LET HIM KNOW ABOUT THE KIDS BATHROOM BUT I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL. I THEN ASKED THAT THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY CALL ME BECAUSE I WAS HAVING ONGOING DAMAGE IN MY HOUSE WHILE I WAS WAITING FOR THEM TO REPAIR THESE LEAKS AND WAS "PROMISED' THAT HE WOULD CALL ME BUT I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL. AS OF 2 HOURS AGO I SPOKE WITH '***" AGAIN AND SHE ASSURED ME THAT THE OWNER WAS GIVEN MY MESSAGES AND WAS SURPRISED I HAD NOT RECEIVED A CALL. I ASKED HER AGAIN WHEN MY REPAIRS WOULD BE COMPLETED AND SHE STATED THAT "MY NAME WAS ON THE BOARD" BUT THAT SHE DID NOT HAVE A DATE FOR THE WORK TO BE DONE. I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW I WAS GIVEN A DATE 3 WEEKS AGO FOR THE REPAIR AND EVEN IF SOMETHING CAME UP TO DELAY IT I SHOULD BE NEXT ON THE LIST FOR THE FOLLOWING DAY BUT WAS TOLD THAT IS NOT HOW THEY DO IT... I HAVE MADE OVER A DOZEN PHONE CALLS TO THIS COMPANY TRYING TO GET THIS REPAIR DONE IN A TIMELY MANNER TO PREVENT MORE DAMAGE FROM OCCURING TO MY HOME. IF THEY HAD BEEN HONEST FROM THE BEGINNING AND JUST TOLD ME IT WOULD TAKE OVER THREE MONTHS I WOULD HAVE CALLED ANOTHER COMPANY AND PREVENTED MYSELF THE AGGREVATION I HAVE GONE THROUGH AND LIMITED THE DAMAGE DONE BY THESE LEAKS. BECAUSE OF THE WAY I HAVE BEEN POORLY TREATED BY THIS COMPANY I HAVE MISSED WORK FOR NO REASON AND AM LOOKING AT INCREASED EXPENSE OF FIXING THE DAMAGE TO THE INSIDE OF MY HOUSE CAUSED BY THE DELAY OF THESE REPAIRS. I AM TRUELY AT MY WITS END AND FEEL THAT A TRUE INJUSTICE HAS OCCURED.

In response to the customer's complaint, repairs for this roof were completed on September 12, 2012. The owner personally went and supervised the repairs, inspected the work and met with the customer. Repairs were completed to the customer's satisfaction and upon follow-up, the customer has stated there have been no further leaks or issues to date. Miscommunication between the office staff, and service technicians which led to delays, have been addressed.

09/28/2012Problems with Product / Service