Bridgetender Inn

07/08/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We were seated at an outdoor table inside an area enclosed by roll-down windbreakers. The windbreakers were rolled down because it was cool and windy. There was a very small area only big enough for one table outside the enclosed area past our table that was inaccessible because it was outside the windbreaker. The space was so narrow where our table was that there would not be enough room for anyone to get past us to get to that table if the windbreaker had been up, but since it was down, we weren't concerned about that. However, a party of 4 people came in and wanted to sit at that table. One of the employees came over and asked me to move so that he could get past me. He got up on one of the chairs from our table and raised the windbreaker. Then the party of 4 people practically crawled over us to get past us to the table. With the windbreaker up, the wind was blowing our napkins on the floor. We knew the server would have to continue getting past us to get to that table, and we were very annoyed. My husband got up and went to speak to the manager. I heard him and our server speaking in raised voices. The manager came out and spoke with my husband. She offered to let us come inside to finish our meal, which was not acceptable since the reason we had gone there was because we wanted to sit outside. No one was sitting inside the restaurant at that time. That was the only thing she seemed willing to offer to resolve the matter. We had not eaten any of our food, but I paid the employee at the cash register because I didn't want there to be a scene and no one seemed to be concerned about our situation. Ever since then, whenever I think about it, I regret paying for the meal because we didn't eat it and it was a terrible experience.
Product_Or_Service: food and beverages

We were there the weekend before 4/15/2013 and paid $42.97 for nothing but aggravation. I would like to have my money refunded and an apology for the rude treatment.