This Business is not BBB Accredited
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
State Acquisition Corp is not BBB Accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered State Acquisition Corp's rating include:
- Length of time business has been operating.
- 35 complaints filed against business
- Failure to respond to 34 complaints filed against business.
- 33 serious complaints filed against business.
- Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.
- Failure to have a required competency license.
- BBB does not have sufficient information to determine size of business. BBB evaluation of business is based on rating formula's smallest size classification.
- BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business. BBB made one or more requests for background information from the business. BBB has not received a response from this business and/or has not been able to verify information received from this business.
Customer Complaints SummaryRead complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||35|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Problems with Product / Service||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||35|
Additional Complaint Information
BBB files indicate that the business has a pattern of complaints concerning misrepresentation in sales practices and failure to provide promised services.
Consumers filing complaints with BBB allege that State Acquisition Corp represented that it had buyers interested in purchasing the consumers' land. To close the sales transaction, the consumers were asked to pay the business fees ranging from $495-$2,689. Some consumers later were asked to pay the business an additional amount of fees to continue with the closing.
All consumers that have complained to BBB reported that State Acquisition Corp never closed the real estate transaction and kept all of the consumers' money.
On December 3, 2012, BBB contacted State Acquisition Corp, requesting information as to why the business believes the customers are filing the complaints, and what actions the business has taken to help eliminate the causes of complaints. BBB is currently waiting for the company's reply.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
0 Customer Reviews Customer Reviews on State Acquisition Corp
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0 Customer Reviews|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
On February 6, 2013, BBB has confirmed that State Acquisition Corp has not obtained the necessary license to do real estate transactions.
Type of Entity
Incorporated: August 2011, FL
Contact InformationPrincipal: Mr. Christian F Kohl Jr (President) Fred Baker Mr. Steve Baxter Mr. Jim Brady David Burckes David Burckess Mr. Mike Burns Mike Burns (Agent) Ron Carpenter Dan Donnovan Mr. James Mann Peter Richardson Peter Richmond
Real Estate Investors