BBB Accredited Business since 04/30/2010

Hoskins Pest Control, Inc.

02/26/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Not satisfied.
Honest A/C was hired to replace attic ductwork damaged by rat activity. Recommended pest removal
before duct work was replaced.

Hoskins Pest control was accepted to resolve
attic rat infestation. Two entry points found and sealed.
Their employee advised progress each visit.
"Caught another one" 5 times. Did not see
a removal container each time.
Last visit , no rat, announce mission accomplished.
A week later was called back after activity was heard in ceiling during night. Came back, set traps.
Two inspections...Nothing. All done.
Notice was given to proceed with ductwork.
Honest A/C reported finding 5 dead rats laying on insulation.
Others contacted for insulation removal, fumigate and reinstall. Reported fresh signs of rat s. Found 5-6 obvious entry points.. We would rather not have Hoskins invovled any further regarding pest control.

It would be nice to get a refund, however,
not pushing the issue.

Upon reviewing the circumstances and actions by HPC for re-mediation, we recommend the home owner pursue a roofer, landscaper, and a plumber to resolve the problem.

Spoke with ******* and she agreed to resolve this matter by canceling the service.

02/26/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company is requesting excessive additional charges to perform work that has already been completed and did not achieve results it should have gotten.
In 2011 I paid Hoskins Pest Control $350 for a rodent exclusion services. Terms of the contract was that my house would receive rodent prevention guarding in all places in the house where rodents might be able to gain entry. Contract also provided for ongoing maintenance inspections and rodent removal. ******* performed the exclusion work and subsequently another tech ****** performed additional exclusion work and made repairs to some of the work the preventive work that ******* had performed improperly. Since then, ****** has performed even more preventive work. In each case, all 3 ******* reps stated that the house was thoroughly sealed and that they could not find any additional rodent entry points. Despite the fact that the problem was not resolved and rodents, specifically rats, continued to get into my attic, I paid another $100 a little over a year ago to extend the contract warranty. I did this because the Company had been very responsive to rodent ongoing intermittent incidents and I thought that eventually determine the cause and solve the problem. I was told that it might be a plumbing problem by ****** this past July so I paid a plumber that ****** recommended $125 to do a complete inside an out inspection which produced no findings of a plumbing issue. The plumbing technician told me that he felt it would be a waste of money to perform a camera scope inspection. When ****** was also unable to resolve the problem he also stated that it might be a plumbing problem and said he'd recommend someone who had experience with this type of problem. I called that plumber as well only to find that they had no such experience. I subsequently called several other plumbers and none had ever heard of rats getting into an attic through faulty or improperly installed plumbing. ******* ********* now wants $500 for a new exclusion contract but, will not or cannot explain why I would need more exclusion work or specifically what work would be performed. All he would tell me is that we have gone to your house too many times and it is costing us too much money to keep going.

I have already paid $450 to Hoskins and another $125 to a Plumber for work that was supposed to be guaranteed to prevent rodents from entering my house. At this point since the Company never achieved the rodent exclusion for which I paid and I will now be forced to get another Company, I believe the right thing for Hoskins to do would be to reimburse me for what I paid them.

Repeated efforts to keep rodents from entering the inside of the home were exhausted. The frequency of recurring activity inside the home could only be of a construction nature.

We recommend the home owner pursue a roofer and/or plumber to resolve the problem.

Based on our Conversation with Mr. *********** on February 24, 2014 the matter has been resolved.