BBB Accredited Business since 01/17/2014

Earth's Best Natural Pest Management Corp

01/03/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I received a collections notice without receiving any prior knowledge of this! This company is not run properly!
I received a collections notice from Earth's Best. However, I cancelled service from this company both in writing and on the phone. Then, I receive a collections notice from a company without receiving any other billing from them. Therefore, I am NOT paying for a service that I did NOT receive. I had two different services with this company.
1) Bed bug service - paid in full
2) Monthly service - which I cancelled and will not be paying
This company was rude and when they did come out to my house they left my house in a complete mess. I tried calling the company and the manager/owner was rude on the phone. The $416 will not be paid because I did not complete service with them.

Have the remainder of the amount waived because service was cancelled by me both in writing and on the phone.

On 6/17/2013 we went into contract for an Once per Year Pest Service for the following pests: Rats, Mice, Fleas, ticks and general insects such as Roaches, Stored Product Pests, Ants, Silverfish, Millipedes and ants. And on 6/28/13 we went into a Bed Bug Contract on 6/28/13. As the Service Agreements read that Ms ****** had signed "Our Service is a Once per Year Service with Free Follow-up Treatments" Consequently, as per the initial treatment contract Ms ****** was well aware that this was a Once per Year Treatment with Free Follow-up treatments under the warranty.

As per the signed agreements we have with Ms ******, the services we had rendered are a Once per Year Service. We had provided this application then placed the structure under warranty in accordance with the signed contract. During the warranty period, should additional pests avail themselves we **** provide additional treatments at no additional charge.

Since the services we provide to the structure are a Once per Year treatment then are placed under warranty for one year, payment is due upon completion. To assist our clients in the tough economic times, we do offer no interest payment plans to our clients. Ms ****** decided that a payment plan would be the best option for her. Ms ****** did pay for the Bed Bug Service in full but had difficulty with having the funds available in her account for the checks she had written for the other contracts. Two of her checks had bounced and she placed a stop payment on another.

We had held up our end of the agreement by providing the initial treatment and even provided additional treatments (FREE OF CHARGE) under the warranty. Not only have we left messages for Ms ****** about her payments on numerous occasions since August, we had also sent many invoices in order to collect the money owed for services rendered. We do not send someone to collections until we have exhausted all avenues of collecting the money owed for the treatment provided.

I see by the notice sent by the BBB on behalf of Ms ****** she states that she cancelled the monthly service. Two points I would like to make. First, the service is not monthly; it is a one Once per Year Treatment with follow-ups provided as needed at no additional cost to the client. (I have the signed contracts that I can send if needed to support my claim) Second, the Once per Year treatment had been rendered. A client cannot decide to stop paying since we did provide the treatment on the date the contracts were signed. They can, however, decide not to take advantage of the warranty we offer.

I see she also states that we left her house in a complete mess. When we treat for bed bugs we must take all the sheets and pillows off the bed. We must then take the mattress and box spring off the frame to treat since that's where the bed bugs nest. Then we leave the bedding to be washed by the client. Since the bedding belongs to the client, we cannot wash it. That responsibility belongs to the client. What I described is company protocol for treating bed bugs.

In conclusion, Ms ****** had signed service agreements that state our service are a Once per Year and we provide any additional treatments under the warranty. Once service has been rendered, the money is due in full. We do offer to assist our clients with an Interest Free Payment Plan that Ms ****** decide would work best for her. A couple of the checks she had written had bounced and one she placed a stop payment on. We had called and sent numerous invoices without success of collecting the balance of the money owed. Consequently, we were left with no choice but to send her to collections. At this point Ms ****** will have to negotiate with the collections company since it is now in their hands and not ours. Additionally, we have been in business for 20 years and have maintained an A+ rating with the BBB. This only comes from taking care of our clients.

I am fine with the $356 and will need documentation from the collections company in order to proceed. Can you have them contact me with this amount please? Thank you for working this out!

This response was taken verbally by BBB:

We are willing to waive the additional charges for her, however, at this time the account is in collections and she will have to deal with the collection agency directly for the $356. They should accept this amount to settle the account but if they don't please have them call us to confirm.