BBB Accredited Business since 11/19/2008

Artistic Pavers and Surfaces, Inc.

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

01/22/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues
02/18/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We contracted to put pavers in driveway. They dug up driveway Partially & saw cement was thick. They stopped work & never returned. It's been 2 weeks
We now have a dangerous situation & can't use my driveway.WE contracted in December & they started construction on 1/21. They dug up driveway & never returned. All calls have resulted in nothing.
Sales rep never returned my call. If someone gets hurt because of the hole, they will be held responsible.

I want them to fix the problem they caused.

Ms. ****** is mostly correct. She, and many other homeowners in the neighborhood contracted in December to have pavers installed in January. We showed up on schedule. Ms. ******'s home was the first to be excavated to have pavers installed. the concrete was unusually thick (thickest I have seen in seven years), and we could not excavate with our bobcat. We told her and the other homeowners that it would cost extra money to have the drives removed by jackhammer and/or extra services (a concrete saw company coming in). We were trying to get a handle on the extra cost to provide each homeowner a number, but still haven't arrived at an accurate number.

In the meantime, on Thursday of this week I made the decision that we would not want to excavate under the carports at any price due to the potential risks involved, and told my salesman to tell Ms. ****** that we would come back next week (the week of 2/11) and excavate the driveway portion of her job (but not the carport) by hand and install pavers- all for free. My salesman had this conversation with her Friday morning, several hours prior to us receiving this complaint.

The only issue I have with her complaint is that we "dug up the driveway and never returned". As happens in construction, we started the job and hit unexpected obstacles. I personally visited her job with the salesman, and he maintained contact with her throughout. He just did not have answers. Now we have given her an answer. After the work is completed she should be EXTREMELY HAPPY as we have offered to give her something for nothing.

This response was taken verbally by BBB:

The company had about 20 contracts pending in my neighborhood. Another contractor has done pavers for other driveways exactly like mine with a carport and everything so the company's statement that they cannot be done under carports is not true. They have pavers over the whole driveway with no problem. The company never called any one to communicate about the contracts. They did tell us the concrete was thicker than average, everyone asked to have an estimate on how much more it would cost but the business never came back with anything. They just acted like it was obvious that they didn't want to do the driveways. Now my driveway that they gave me can't be left the way it is. I have to tear it out and redo the whole thing. The company did come out last week to lay pavers on half of my driveway but it doesn't appear that they did it right. They didn't finish it and left materials in the street. Now its too late for them to even come back. This debris has to be cleaned up because I live in a condo association and I just want someone else to do the job properly.

01/16/2013Problems with Product / Service