BBB Accredited Business since 05/05/1986

Mastro Subaru

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

04/17/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Purchase a 2010 used Toyota Prius from this business. They did not disclose that the back left window was not working and now want over $700 to fix it
In March 2015 we purchased a used 2010 Toyota Prius from this company. They sold it as in perfect working condition. In a few days after purchase we discovered the back left window was not working at all. We called them immediately, and they kept stalling as about looking at it, saying we were at fault etc. We told them we just bought it and expected the window to be in working condition. We were not informed the window lock was broken. There were also two cracks in the windshield they neglected to tell us about.
We took the car back to them to fix the window. Not only they refused to fix it, they wanted a $100 just to look at it. The salesman said (quote) "I was not informed the window was not working. As far as I know it was in perfect condition at the time we sold it". Is it one or the other?
We feel we were scammed and they refused to repair the broken window lock which they said was no good and needed complete replacement. They lied about the window working and they did not fix it as we feel they should.

Mastro Subaru needs to repair the window at their expense since we were told everything in the car was working perfectly when we signed the contract. They lied about this and they need to fix this.

We have been trying to reach Mr ****** since he brought the vehicle in for our service department to inspect his window concern. He has not returned our calls. We are willing to assist in this matter. We have not heard from him since the car was purchased over a month ago. I have viewed the vehicle inspection sheet. It did check out in excellent shape. We would have repaired the window before we sold it if there was a problem detected. We have not been made aware of this until just a few days ago. He has had the vehicle for over a month. The car was purchased as is and we are not obligated to repair the concern but we are willing to repair the rear window.
**** ******

05/15/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

No longer own Subaru (since May)...do not want mail or email.
I and my housemate, James, have repeatidly asked Subaru to stop sending emails or mail since we sold the Subaru months ago. Today we got another announcement (2nd notice) for extended warranty. We want this harrassment to stop.

Written statement stating a cease and desist from mailings....

Contacted Mr ****** on 03/15/13 at 3:15pm concerning mailing. Explained that I have removed him from our internal mailings and that the last mail he received may not have come from us. I also asked for him to contact me if he does receive anything else from our address. I explained he may get mailing from ****** Corporate until vehicle he no longer owns new owner changes address and ownership information on ****** Corporate site. This should resolve this matter and asked Mr ****** to contact me if he gets anything else in the future just to clarify where it is coming from.
**** ******
****** ******

I have just received in the mail a summary of my complaint with Mastro Subaru of Tampa.

I am satisfied with their response of 8 May.

Trust we shall receive no further mailings from MS.

May 8, 2013

RE: Case # 67247214 : Wallace Sterling

As stated in out previous response, Mr. Sterling was removed from any future contact via U.S. Mail as of April 9th, 3013. The ad that Mr. Sterling attached to this most recent complaint, (May 5th, 2013) was mailed out on April 3rd, 2013, prior to Mr. Sterling's removal from our mailing system on April 9th, 2013.

Mr. Sterling has not been contacted by our dealership in any form; phone, mail or e-mail since he was removed from our systems on April 9th, 2013 as indicated in our previous response on April 15th, 2013.

5/9/13 re; B said the AD C filed on was sent out on April 3rd prior to his removal from B contact info on April 9th. C has not been contacted in any way since he was removed.

02/25/2014Advertising / Sales Issues