BBB Accredited Business since 11/15/1989

Brandon Ford

16 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 7 closed in last 12 months
Other1

05/20/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

CPO vehicle purchased with 16,862 miles 5/9/15 dealership alleging my tires are worn out at current mileage of 29,243 on 4/30/16. Refuse to replace.
Purchased a CPO vehicle on 5/9/2015. Vehicle's inspection checklist is signed and dated on 3/3/2015 with the mileage being 16,857. When I purchased the vehicle the mileage was 16,862, I purchased the extended tire care package since I was under the impression that the tires were in good condition having low mileage on them while also protecting my investment form the road hazards. I have had 3 alignments performed on the vehicle at a different retailer were I have always taken all of my prior vehicles for alignments in the past. I will not name the retailer unless necessary but they are well known. The first alignment was performed 07/25/2015 when the vehicle had 19,704 miles, the second alignment was performed on 12/16/2015 @ 24,484 miles and the 3rd alignment was performed @ 29,275 miles on 5/1/2016. Brandon Ford Service Center is alleging that my tires are worn out, I found out about the issue on 04/30/2016 when I took the car in for the 30,0000 miles check up and was advised that they would not perform a tire rotation due to the tire depth being too low and my tires needing to be replaced, they recommended alignment. I took the car to get it aligned and it was not off by much according to the print out and measurements. On 05/04/2016 I returned to Brandon Ford where I asked for a tire rotation and balance and asked if they would replace my tires since I had just bought the vehicle within a year, the service manager did not honor my request but said he would talk to the sales manager to see if they would replace my front tires which had the most wear and tear. Sales manager also refused to honor my request to replace my tires. The service manager suggested I take the car back to the retailer which according to Brandon Ford "performed all of the alignments incorrectly on the car" and have them switch the tires on the front( the ones with the worst wear and tear) and place them on the rear. Now keep in mind, the vehicle is a rear wheel drive vehicle, why would my worn out tires go on the rear, but who am I to question them. I am taking the vehicle back to the retailer who performed all of the alignments once again just in case there is something wrong with the alignment. I am disappointed with the dealership, as a consumer I bought a CPO vehicle from a dealership I thought I could trust but now I do not feel comfortable even taking my car there for anything at all. I am not a mechanic nor am I certified to inspect a vehicle therefore I put my complete trust on the good faith and word of this entity which in my eyes is not living up to it's name.

Being that I have driven the vehicle for approximately 13,000 miles, and assuming that the tires that came with my so called Certified Pre Owned vehicle are 50,000 to 60,000 mile tires and the fact that I paid $818.55 for a tire care package which I am sure is no longer valid since my tires are "Worn out" I would like my tires to be replaced, I have on my part been responsible and have had the alignments performed by a certified technician, not someone unknown, not myself, not a so called side mechanic but a legitimate, retailer. I would understand if I would have never had the tires rotated or any alignments or had driven the vehicle for 20,000-30,000 miles or the car had bad shocks, or bad ball joints, etc. I as a consumer trusted the dealership to inspect the vehicle before it was sold to me and I in good faith bought the vehicle believing that it was up to par and within standards but if that was the case we would not be in this situation.

We have attempted to reach the consumer by phone at home and at work without success. We will update with proposed resolution once the consumer has been reached. dm

05/12/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Numerous incorrect wheel alignment attempts of lifted truck resulted in the damage to existing and new tires. Service Manager is delaying resolution.
Purchased a lifted F150 from Brandon Ford in September of 2014. After about 16 months of driving my truck, I noticed that the front tires were wearing as if they had negative camber. I drove it for about another month and then I went to Brandon Ford's service center to replace the 2 worn tires, priced at $479 each (they reduced that price by about $30 a tire). They replaced the tires and placed them in the rear of the truck (at my request) and performed a 4 wheel alignment. I took the truck home and noticed that it pulled to the right, so I had to take the truck back the next day.

Once again they performed an alignment (at no charge) and I took the truck home. I drove the truck for approximately 2 months and had put approximately 2500 miles on the truck when I noticed that the tires were worn to a point of needing replacement as if they had negative camber again.

The next day I went to the service guy Gio that had performed the alignment and he told me to bring it in the following Monday. I asked if I needed to make an appointment and he said, "No, I'll fit you in." I believe this was the first attempt to cover up the fact that an incorrect alignment was performed on my truck. During the Monday visit, I was told all sorts of things, but basically that any bump hit while the wheels were even slightly turned would knock the alignment off in my FOUR WHEEL DRIVE FORD F150 with 6 inch lift that they had installed.

They rotated the rear tires to the front, aligned the truck and told me that I would need to replace the damaged tires before I rotate tires again.

I took my truck home and immediately did a spot check which a bubble level and both of the front tires were set with a large amount of negative camber. I already needed to take my truck back for a different repair that Friday, so I waited until then to take the truck back for the alignment.

That Friday (April 22, 2016), I dropped it off and told them they needed to find the problem with my truck and not just align it and give it back to me.

I received a phone call from the service guy just before 1:00 p.m. and he told me over the phone that he had been having the WRONG person align my vehicle and that he didn't know how to align lifted vehicles. He had the person who had installed the lift kit do the alignment.

I took the truck home and did my check. One tire is spot on, and the other now has a slight bit of positive camber.

April 23rd, I went in looking for someone to talk to and found the man who sold me the truck. I told him the story, and he brought over Otis ******* (Sales Manager) who listened to my story and told me that since the Service Manager was not in that day that he would have him call me on Monday April 25th.

On Wednesday April 27th, the Service Manager finally called me. He seemed sympathetic, and told me he would look into it and call me by the end of the day. He did call, but came back with some song and dance about gathering my service records to take to his boss to come up with a resolution, and that he would be in contact within a couple of days.

Today (Wednesday May 4th) I called back and started getting the same song and dance, "oh I'm sorry, I need to talk to my boss."

I've had enough, so now I am filing a complaint.

I am seeking the following:

1. Brandon Ford to replace all 4 of the tires that I have on the truck due to their inability to correctly perform alignments, and due to their continued attempts to ignore me until I go away.
2. I am seeking for them to pay for an alignment at a qualified and competent 4X4 shop.

3. I am seeking for them to return the money that I spent on tires as I no longer believe that the damage to the original tires was done by me.

Customer dropped off his vehicle to have two tires replaced and the alignment performed on 05-11-2016. Completion anticipated by afternoon on the same day. dm

03/10/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Paid For repairs and got a lot of cover ups and extra damage.
I took my car into the collision center on 2/8/16 and picked up the car on 2/13/16. The next day I looked over the repairs and found 9 issues. Missing bolt, missing sound deadening pack, fender still bent out of shape, touch up paint used to cover up damaged area on door skin, part of door skin not repaired. A paint drip on another door skin repair. They put a severe scratch on my door when they tried to re hang it. There is a new dent near the hinges that was not there prior to the work being done. They did not replace my door edge guard on the door as well. At this point I do not trust them to do honest repairs to my car, especially since I paid to have the current work done, and the state I got it back in. I have tried to get in touch with the General Manager Wayne H. but no one will give me his contact information. Almost everyone in the facility has made me feel like I am being brushed off.

First thing I want is to speak to Wayne H. in person, because I can not trust the shop to properly repair my door and fender since they tried to cover up things when they were paid to fix the car the first time. I want a new door and a new fender. I let them try to fix the car once, they did a horrible job and tried to make it look "fixed" hoping I wouldn't notice the flawed work.

Contacted customer and made appointment to inspect the vehicle. Repair shop contacted the insurance company obtaining approval to repair areas of concern on behalf of the consumer. Consumer made appointment to bring his vehicle in to finalize the repairs. dm

Turned the car over to the collision center on 2/22/16. Was contacted on 2/26/16 that the car would be ready between 2/29-3/2. Will not know if my complaint was handled until I get the car back. 9 things wrong with first repair attempt. Will update once I look over my car.

The vehicle was inspected with the consumer by the department manager. An agreement was made as to the items that would be corrected. The vehicle was completed and returned to the consumer on March 1. The consumer inspected the vehicle with the manager at time of delivery.

dm

05/07/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Drove 2 hours one way to purchase truck and was told after traveling all that way they would not sell me the vehicle.

I have a home in NFt Myers and live in New Hampshire the would not sell because I was taking the vehicle back to NH.
Clearly do not like to do what little paperwork it takes to transfer title to another state and they were unreasonable.
Claim they are number one in customer service!
Wasted 4 hours of drive time and a tank of gas for lousy service.
I Would Stay Away if I were a Senior from any other state.

Sell me the *** truck!!!

Doing transactions that involve other states can be complicated depending on the states involved. As a result, these deals take far more time and often require additional efforts from the buyer to complete. We certainly understand that this can be frustrating, and always endeavor to do all we can reasonably do to execute these deals. We would be happy to discuss any of this with the consumer, if they have interest in additional dialogue. We also understand that they may ultimately choose to buy in their primary state as a result of this more onerous process. dm

03/31/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

**** **** manager made a verbal agreement on cost and didnt honor
Went to Brandon Ford dealer today 3/02/15 to talk to ***** ******* about some **** **** service talked to his assistant 4 hrs later get a call from the ***************** who got real arrogant and condescending to me stating that he just got yelled at by ***** ******* for honoring something that happened 3 yrs ago. Unbelieveable to think that this past weekend they were advertising about striving to be the #2 Ford Dealer in the Country. If all of the managers at Brandon Ford treat their customers like this they won't stay on top for long. Had the ** manager.
Basically when the ** manager came to honor his word he turned it around on me because I had to send my daughter to get the repair completed while I was tending to my father who hads a serious heart attack and was not able to handle this myself.

Long story short 2 months later after burying my father and moving my mother I retruned home went to see ***** ******* and his ** manager called me furious that as he "stated went over his head to his boss". Well I say if your not going to honor your word why would I waste my time and his and talk to the GM whose managers are a reprsentative to ***** *******, Brandon Ford, and the Ford Motor Company.

Here is a quote from ***** ******* and based on the ** managers distasteful words I beleive this quote to be the opposite of Mr *******.

Judge for yourself and I hope that the fruit of this quote finds better ways for you and Brandon Ford
*****: "Do the right thing for the customer."

I've been successful from the start in the car business because I've always done the right thing for the customer,'' ******* said. ''I teach my people to do the same thing: To treat the customer right.''

Send the ** manager to some Customer Service - Telephoine etiquette courses

I am requesting that ***** ******* and Brandon Ford pay me the difference from the parts charged to the labor that i was only to pay

This customer concern has been resolved. After meeting with the consumer, we decided to issue a goodwill reimbursement to the consumer. The amount was discussed and agreed upon by both parties. The consumer conveyed that he was happy with the resolution. **

he matter has been resolved

06/27/2016Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

On 10/27/14 I complained on 2 warranty issues: A stress crack in the trim around radio/computer display and bubbling paint, front edge of the hood.
The part for the trim around the radio/computer was ordered at that time by Brandon Ford adviser 283, **** Lafemina. To date, Brandon Ford has failed to repair this warranty work. I've been told on four occasions that this part was on back order. I checked with Brandon Ford service personnel several months ago to find that they could not locate the order for the part. Since 10/2014, Brandon Ford has not once contacted me to update me on the status of this part that is under warranty. The 2nd issues is paint that is bubbling with the paint separating from the front edge of the hood. This was first brought to my attention on 10/27/14 by Brandon Ford adviser **** John L. I did not worry about repairs right away because I thought Ford sold a bumper to bumper extended warranty for 7 years or 60,000 miles. It turned out to be a mechanical warranty. They sent me to the Brandon Collision Center on 4/17/2015 at 39,317 Miles and they would not approve my claim for warranty repairs to my hood and paint indicating that my full new car warranty expired at 36,000 miles. Of course This is a known bubbling and rust paint issue on the 2013 Ford Explorer and I know several owners who had the same issue. I've purchased 4 Fords in the past and I don't think I will ever purchase another. I don't want anything I don't deserve. I only want Ford to take responsibility for their horrible service and faulty products. Now I have about 48,000 miles on my Explorer and the paint is coming off the entire front edge of the hood. Most cars with with 100,000 miles never have this issue. I have photos if required showing how pathetic the hood looks with the paint separating from the hood.

Replace my cracked faulty trim around my radio/computer consul and repair the faulty paint on the hood of my 2013 Explorer.

Spoke to consumer and discussed concerns with his vehicle. It was explained to the consumer that while this vehicle was out of manufacturer warranty that we would be happy to inspect and contact the manufacturer on the consumers behalf. Consumer has made arrangement with our staff for the inspection. dm

This case is not closed yet. Brandon Ford is working to get parts for repair. When parts come in and repairs are complete I will notify you.

05/09/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

They sold a vehicle out from under us.
On 4/17/2016 my girlfriend and I went to Brandon Ford to look at used escapes. We found one that she liked and told them we wanted it. We asked them if we needed to fill out any paperwork to hold the vehicle or put money down to hold the 2015 escape. They insisted it will be here when you come back and we explained that we can't come back until 4/20/2016 but they said they would put the keys back and it was our vehicle. The reason the paperwork wasn't filled out was because it was a Sunday. We returned 4/20/2016 and waited for our salesman and when we finally got to us he explained that the vehicle was gone. I then asked him to speak with a manager and he refused saying the manager can't do anything. He went on to say that he had a similar vehicle that was $2000 more! I said if he could match the same price that we would look at it and he said he couldn't do that and the price was firm. The salesman's name is Ruben *************.

For them not to sell any vehicles out from anyone else. It would also be a great gesture if they would match the price we originally agreed upon on another vehicle that is similar.

Although we are regretful of the circumstances surrounding this incident, it is strictly against our policy to hold any vehicle for any purpose and we never offered to do so. However, when it was discovered that the vehicle was in fact gone, we did attempt to find them alternate vehicles to suit their needs. Due to their specific requirements, we had two that matched, though they happened to be worth more money that the original car they had chosen and meeting the original price point was not possible. NB

The statement made that they never offered to hold the vehicle is a lie. They told us they would hold the vehicle the Sunday in question. We offered to put down a payment and they refused saying the vehicle would be here when you return on Wednesday. Yet again this is not how you run a business.

Again, it is unfortunate that we couldn't assist these folks, but as is our policy, we don't hold vehicles. There was no paperwork signed and no money exchanged hands. This was simply an unfortunate misunderstanding.

02/19/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

attempting to collect $300 to do recall work when manufacturer will pay parts and labor there is no charge according to manufacturer For Motor Company
there is recall on Ford Windstar van recall number 15 s to 7 rear axle rear axle is to be inspected for failure if it fails manufacturer will pay for parts and labor no cost to customer spoke to service manager Tom Baughman he told me that there will be a $300 service fee manufacturer tells me that there is no fee tom is lying to me and meanwhile we have safety hazard still on the van

I would like to see them be held accountable for trying to scam someone out of money that's what I am looking for.

Service manager spoke to customer and invited him to bring vehicle back for another inspection. Service manager conveyed that he would contact the manufacturer on behalf of the customer in an attempt to resolve issue. Service manager is currently awaiting customers return call.

dm

they lost my trust in them when they told me that they fix the problem one day the next day they tell me they didn't fix the problem and will cost $300 that there is no manufacturer warranty!I called the manufacturer Ford and they told me that it would not cost me any out of pocket expense and to take it somewhere else. Put that back

01/14/2016 | Read Complaint Details

Brandon Ford left my family without a vehicle as they wouldn't sell to my father with me looking. They lied to the bank to keep them from selling tous
I spent approximately 3 hours at Brandon Ford looking for a truck for my father. I stated from the start that I was looking for a truck for my father. I had explained to them exactly what I was looking for at which time they proceeded to help me. As the time went on and I went over quite a few of their trucks, I realized they did not have what I was looking for. I went to their second lot and found a truck that worked perfect. We got to talking numbers as I was trying to make sure my father got the best deal. After this part was done I told them that I was probably going to be buying from Ford of Port Richey. They did not like this and told the bank that I was trying to do a straw purchase and buy the car for myself which was not true at all. My father was involved from the first step and for them to tell the bank that I was purchasing under those circumstances and keep the bank from approving a loan was extremely dishonest all because I did not want to use their dealership. I would strongly recommend nobody to purchase from them. They are unfair rude and kept me from being able to get a vehicle for my father. I ended up purchasing from a different dealership because this is ridiculous.

I would like Brandon Ford to reimburse me for all the fuel that I used to driving down there both times as well as the money that I had to wait on a rental car in the interim I would also like them to pay the money for the down payment that I had to come out of pocket with for him because the bank that was going to finance us would not do it because of what they said even after my father called them himself and told them the vehicle was for him.

First I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Our main goal here is customer satisfaction, and of course, selling vehicles. We always look for any way to put a deal together for the best benefit to our customers. Unfortunately, when other parties are involved, such as finance institutions, we have certain obligations to them in the form of a contractual agreement designed to protect all parties involved. Upon the customer's first arrival to our dealership, it was disclosed by the customer to the salesperson that the truck was going to be purchased in one party's name, with another party driving it and paying for it. We disclosed to the customer that we are unable to structure financing under those conditions, and therefore unable to sell the vehicle if the dealership was going to arrange the financing. This is due to the contractual agreement we have with our lenders to disclose any information that the lender may need to make a decision on the loan application. The customer returned the following day and worked with a different salesperson. Once the transaction reached our finance department, it was disclosed to them that once again, the vehicle would be titled in one party's name while another would be driving the vehicle and making payments. The dealership did attempt to arrange financing before the information was disclosed to the finance manager. The bank conditioned the deal requesting more information about who the vehicle was for. The information was passed on to our lender, the same information the customer told us. In the end, we are not the banks. We do not decision the loan applications and we do not lend money. It is up to the financial institution to determine whether or not the deal and credit warrants an approval, a conditional approval, or a decline. In this situation, we were not able to obtain an approval due to these conditions, and other conditions in addition to the ones discussed here. We did not lie to the banks. We passed on information the customer relayed to us, not once, but twice. We were operating within the guidelines dictated to us by our agreements with the banks. We offered to arrange financing in both parties name, but the customer declined that option. We suggested to the customer to arrange their own financing. Again, that was declined. This left the dealership with no option but to not sell the vehicle.

First and foremost it was myself that went into the dealership. Never once was it stated to any salesman at all that the vehicle was not for the party purchasing the vehicle. It was stated to the salesman that due to the purchasers health condition I was searching for a vehicle agreeing to numbers at which time he would come in and sign for his vehicle. As for coming back the second day and talking to a salesman, it was because the first salesman that I happen to encounter was very rude and didn't seem to want to take the time to help me at all. I understand that the dealership does not loan money, but for them to go based off of what they believe and tell the bank something that they don't know 100% is true, is wrong. Because of what they did, the lender that we wanted to use is not able to extend credit to us. I do not accept what they had to say as a viable excuse. They still went off of what they believed which was not true and messed up an available approval. This has led me to have to have a rental vehicle at my expense for an extended period of time and that's not good for my financial situation.

09/08/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Took 04 Freestar van is for recall repairs on 5/27, was not having any problems with van before this and the recall was for the torque convertor.
When I picked up van on 5/28 I drove to Daytona, on way back my van started acting up, felt like transmission slipping. Took back to dealer on 6/9, then they said it was the powertrain control module. Said they fixed. Picked up van on 6/11 and drove to Georgia, when I got to Stark, FL the van started acting up again, exact same problem. This time a warning light came on for the trans axle. I researched this online and it all lead back to the torque convertor. Took van back to dealer on July 9 after trying for hours to call the service manager who would never return calls. Left van again, odometer reading was 165,040. Waited 13 days and had never heard one word from anyone on what was being done to my van. On 7/21 I tried calling the service manager numerous times again but could not reach him nor did he return calls. Finally after more calls I get a call from service manager who said that they had driven the car several miles but could not find a problem. I picked up van on 7/25, work order stated odometer out was 165,057 but when I got into van and started it the odometer was exactly the same as it was when I dropped it off on 7/9!! In my opinion they parked it for all that time and never even looked at it. As I stated at first, I was not experiencing any problems before I took it in for the recall. The service advisor listed is ******* ****** never heard from him at all! Service manager is ***** ********* his is always in a perpetual meeting and does not know how to return a call. On 7/29 I tried to call and speak with the General manager, ***** *******, who was of course, in a meeting. I spoke with his assistant, ******* and told her I needed ***** ******* to return my call. Well here it is 8/1 and no return call. Tried to call again today, he was not available. Did not bother talking to assistant. I cannot trust my van to be driven for fear that if I pull out into a major intersection it may not kick into gear to get me through. After I picked it up on 7/25 I drove it approx. 15 miles and had the same problem that they said they could not duplicate. Well it is hard to duplicate the problem if you do not move the vehicle. I even called Ford Motor Corp. but they too were of no help. Said I could take it to another dealer and have them run a diagnostic test, at my expense. That is not acceptable. At this point I am not sure I would trust any Ford dealership. Other than damaging my van, I am totally upset with the lack of customer service in returning calls and the false information that I received. ***** ******** needs to be fired, not only for his lack of customer service but for false information that he gave.

Have my van diagnosed at an outside firm such as AAMCO at the expense of Brandon Ford. I cannot afford to replace.

Numerous attempt have been made, the last as recent as 5:00pm on 8-8-2014, to reach the consumer to discuss a resolution to this complaint. Currently awaiting return call from the consumer. Will update our response accordingly. dm

I just want on the record that Brandon Ford did not test drive my van, that is a fact that I can prove with my odometer readings. Whatever they claim to have done to my van did not cure the problem, if in fact they did anything. They, especially Steve ********* are not trustworthy. The general manager, ***** *******, has never responded to the message I left for him with his office assistant, ******. Last message from ***** ******** was that I could bring van in and pay for evaluation to find out the problem and then pay to have it fixed, wouldn't you think an evaluation would have been done in the first place??? How do you know what to fix if you have no idea what the problem is?? I will never take another vehicle to Brandon Ford.