BBB Accredited Business since 01/28/2011

Coast to Coast Moving & Storage, Inc.

09/24/2013Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I had contracted with Coast to Coast Moving for a cross country move of my furniture by 8/1/13 at the latest. My delivery is delayed to 8/5/13.
I had contracted with Coast to Coast Movers / ************** as they had previously moved my father from ******* to***** less than two years ago without many issues. There was a delay in getting the complete load onto the truck, but only the table top was missing. This was delivered within a couple of weeks of the rest of the load.

**********, the Coast to Coast moving representative, came to my home for an in-home inspection of my furniture and promised that the furniture if it was picked up by 7/22/13 would be delivered by 7/29. The contractual spread for delivery was 7/25/13 to 8/1/13 (with 8/1 being the latest day). The contract included packing and unpacking boxes, in addition to moving them.

On 7/22/13, Coast to Coast driver,******, had a disappointing attitude. He was unprofessional as he complained that he would have to help with the packing of boxes. He did not bring packing tape or enough blankets to protect my furniture. I had to use my own tape, and took clothes out of drawers to put around furniture. Additionally, the quote included packing a marble top table with the crate. The driver claimed to know nothing about it and seemed surprised that this 48" long, heavy marble piece was something that couldn't be packed in a mirror box. I could not believe that he was a professional mover. I called **********, the agent for Coast to Coast that I dealt with initially, to let him know of the situation. He met us to bring the crate needed. ***************, the customer service representative who emailed the contract to me was informed of the interaction with the driver. She claimed that they would speak with his supervisor and apologized for the interaction.

Yesterday, ********* contacted me to inform me on Friday, 7/26/13, that the driver for******** refused the load as he could not get the entire load on the truck. The delivery is now delayed until 8/5/13, which is the first day of my new job! I have nothing in my home for myself or 8 year old son! This is a disaster! I need my belongings as soon as possible as they were promised! ********* is claiming it is not the fault of Coast to Coast as they are an agent of ******** However, they are the company who promised the delivery that contracted with me. Please assist me at your earliest opportunity. I am unable to get emails right away as my service is not set up at home yet. Please call me at ************. The company information and invoice/contract # is below.

********** & ********* ****
Coast to Coast Moving & Storage
Agent for ****************************************************

Delivery by the date promised, 8/1/13. Any additional charges for freight that they incur to get this done to be covered by Coast to Coast / ******* (should they need to hire an extra truck or driver, or use another freight company). If delivery is delayed, extreme discount for inconvenience. This is a HUGE SITUATION because of my start time for my new job. Completely unacceptable as they knew of my timeline well in advance and promised.

Coast To Coast Moving And Storage Inc. Is a Agent for ***************** as a agent for ******* we work together to transport interstate shipments. In Mrs. *******'s case Coast To Coast sold her the service on 7/12/2013 at the time we did not have any other shipments going in that direction. When a situation like that arises we put the shipment into the ******* system so they can dispatch a driver to it which they did. The driver who came to pick the shipment up on 7/26/2013 told my office that he could not fit the whole shipment so he refused to haul it. I then spoke to the dispatcher at ******* to ask if he had another driver in Florida that could haul the shipment i was told they didn't have a truck available in FL going in that direction in the immediate future.
At that point ******* had no ETA for Mrs. *******
i then made some changes logistically to one of my Coast To Coast drivers so we could load Mrs. ******* shipment. All of this happening on 7/26/2013 none of this done intentionally things happen that are out of our control and all we can do is react and try to provide the service that we were hired to do.By dispatching the load onto another driver is what is making the shipment going to be late. We are doing everything we can to get there as soon as we can. Mrs.******* was contacted by ******* customer services and was instructed that if the shipment was not there by the agreed delivery date that she is entitled to a delay claim . Coast To Coast and ******* Van Lines is following all of the proper procedures and compensation for this situation.

I will be submitting the claim to you shortly. I received the $500 check for the delivery delay inconvenience, with a stamp stating that I am releasing ******* from all claims should I cash it. This is extremely disappointing to me as there are several items broken and missing and I have yet to give you the claim for those items. It seems to me that ******* is trying to get out of rectifying the situation with adding that bogus stamp. I will not cash it. Instead, I would like for you to send me another, which I can exchange for the one just sent, without the stamp.

Please reply, with an explanation, so that we may discuss how to proceed without further inconvenience to me.

I apologize for the confusion. The stamp specifies delay/inconvenience claims. This is not the same as damage claims. They are handled separately and you would receive separate payment upon completion of your damage claim. I hope this helps to clarify, but I have included the verbiage in this email for confirmation.

I heareby release and forever discharge ******* World Wide Moving, its agents, and employees from any and all claims of whatsoever nature with respect to the delay/inconvenience involved with the shipment.