In West Florida

Best Moving - Allied Van Lines

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

09/14/2012Delivery Issues
05/09/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Services resulted in additional damage (exp. Damaged product during shipping)

Complaint: I trusted Best Moving to pack up, store and then move my home to a newly purchased condo.
Belongings treated like trash!!!
When Best Moving picked up my belongings after I sold my home, they told me they were going to wrap my furniture once it got to the storage facility. My furniture was only 3 years old and have never been moved before. When I bought a new place in Naples, there were chunks of wood missing from some of the furniture. They treated my furniture like junk. My master bed was missing parts and they tried to brush it off. They had no regard for my belongings.
Also, when I signed the contract I was told that I paid for 4 months and got 1 month free. I happened to have my furniture with them for 4 months, but they never refunded me the 1 month.
They only thing they are willing to do is "fix" my furniture. The problem is that where and what furniture they ruined in not "fixable".
No responsibility by this company.
I would never use them again. I am also missing 2 TV's and I don't know what else because I had to leave to come back to my other residence for personal reasons. All is not even unpacked yet.
Stay away from them.
When I called and spoke to the customer service person she said "Oh, December was a bad month for us" Are you kidding me????

Good morning *********
I am forwarding copies of:

The inventory sheets with condition of furniture prior to handling by our movers.

Signed Bill of Lading showing Best Moving responsibility @ $.60/per lb.

Ms. ****** refused to allow our furniture restoration company to make an appointment for inspection of the damage claimed.

In keeping with our policy of customer satisfaction, we will send Ms. ****** a check for $242.20 for her 4th month of storage.

Sincerely, ****** ******
President

I finally received the check from Best Moving for the month they owed me.
The furniture restorer has been at my condo in Naples and has some things he is
still fixing.

Hi ****** sorry about the mix up with the attachment, We sent her a check on 5/1/13 , so she should get it by tommorrow at the latest. I have attached a copy of the check stub.
********

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

05/16/2012Problems with Product / Service