BBB Accredited Business since 01/03/2007

Landcrafters of Clearwater

05/05/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Landcrafters caused damage to sprinkler system of property would not fix it. Company would not respond.
This company sends guys out that look like the are recovering meth addicts to cut the lawn. They damage a sprinkler line and (2) sprinkler heads and try to blame it on the placement in the yard. Complete denial in fixing the damage they caused and carried on like rude rednecks.

I am seeking one month refund for services not rendered. $114.00

1.) In the early evening of March 19,2015 ** called our office and yelled at our office manager claiming that several weeks earlier our lawn mow crew (both with clean criminal and driving records) cut one of his irrigation lines at his rental property. He was rude and out of control.
2.) I called him back immediately and listened to his concerns. He demanded that we effect repairs the following day and call him when we were on our way so he could be thers and I agreed. We further discussed his lawn and I told him that if we damaged the line we would promptly repair it. I also explained that if he had buried sprinkler heads he would have to uncover them or future damage would occur and we could not be held responsible for them. He agreed to uncover the heads and place concrete donuts around them.
3.) On March 20, 2015 our mow crew returned and made a simple repair. At that time he told them that I wanted them to dig up and locate all of his heads so that they would work properly. They called me to inform me of his demands. I told them to leave and go back to work.
4.) Later on March 20, 2015 I visited the lawn to ensure that the repair was completed and surveyed the condition of the irrigation system. The repair was correct and I noted AND PHOTOGRAPHED numerous problems with the installation of his irrigation system which would create problems with his lawn.
5.) Since ** was disrespectful to our office manager, tried to coerce our employees into providing free service, and had a defective irrigation system that he was blaming on our crew we sent him a bill for his final mow.
6.) On April 2, 2015 ** called and complained that we were no longer providing service. I told him that for all of the reasons described above it would be best for him to hire another company. He tried to convince me to reinstate his account. When I refused he stated that he would contact: ******* *****'s ***** ***** ****** ******** ****** and anyone else that he could think of to try and destroy our reputation.
7.) If our service was so terrible and we caused so much damage, why did he argue on the phone for 5 minutes trying to convince me to continue service?
8.) Pictures are available for ****** review and rejection of unwarranted, dishonest, complaint.

Desired Resolution is RIDICULOUS. There is no such thing as a "refund for services not rendered". Former customer is demanding extortion to stop the libelous postings on the internet.

Attached are the pictures of the damage that Landcrafters caused. These pictures were sent (email and text) to the owner *** after a 20 minute phone call explaining that I wouldn't have had problems with my sprinkler system if it wasn't for the damage that his guys dd in cutting the line. When the line was cut it effected the pressure in 2 zones resulting in the grass drying out and dying in those areas. To be clear, the mow crew cut the sprinkler line and damaged a sprinkler head causing damage to the turf which resulted in areas dying.

I can assure you I do not want and did not want Landcrafters to continue service. *** can flatter himself with what he believes I heard. Why would I want service to continue when it wasn't even performed correctly?

Please refund me for services not rendered and immediately make sure that Landcrafters stops this fraudulent practice before there are other victims.

There was no payment for services not rendered. Mr. ****** has once again misrepresented the facts. He was only billed for and paid for services AFTER they were delivered. Please see attachments which include all invoices and his complete transactin statement indicating charges incurred and payments applied.
As far as the dry areas in his lawn are concerned, when I visited to inspect the repair which our men made (yes the same one that he stated to you in his complaint that we refused to make) I took more photographs which are also attached. They clearly indicate that his 4" popup irrigation heads were at leat 6" below the surface. Please note the tape measure in the picture. If a popup head can not raise to a level above the surrounding terrain it can not adequately deliver the water to the intended area. Perhaps he should take this up with his irrigation contractor. Furthermore, a break in one zone can not effect pressure in other zones. They operate independently and in a sequence which is programmed into a timer.
So to recap:
1.) Mr. ****** falsely claimed that we refused to respond to his complaint or repair damage - Proven to be untrue.
2.) Mr. ****** claims to have paid for services not rendered - Proven to be untrue.
3.) Mr. ****** claims that brown spots in his lawn are due to an irrigation break in an unrelated zone - Proven to be inaccurate, it is possible that he doesn't understand how and irrigation system should be installed or how it operates.
It is clear who has made FRAUDULENT claims.