In West Florida

J.B. Bromley Construction, Inc.

04/17/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor a contract or agreement

Complaint: Mr ******* has not return my emails nor phone call to confirm the dates on the work to insulate the roof and install the drywall.
In mid November Mr ******* told me that he would not start any additional work to the contract until he would receive payment. I informed Mr ******* at that time that in order to receive payment as per the payment schedule, the tasks would have to be completed. I also requested to have final lien release and/or partial lien release. The tasks in question were the framing, A/C and electrical. Mr ******* scheduled a crew to perform the work on Dec 13th. and pick-up payment on Dec 16th. Even though the framing was not all completed, I gave Mr. ******* the check as per the payment schedule. I then showed Mr. ******* the elements pertaining the framing I was disputing and he said it would be taking care of before doing the drywall. I told Mr. ******* that we were going to be out of town between 12/21 and 1/5 and that gave him 3 weeks to schedule a crew for the insulation. I emailed Mr ******* on 1/6 and 1/8 and called him on 1/10 and did not receive returns call from Mr. *******.

This response was provided verbally to BBB:

The customer hired us to complete a room addition. We replaced the roof, laid block walls and framed in the addition. We completed the shell of the project. The customer had the electrician and the framer do extra work verbally at his request. They billed us for the work that was done so we explained to the customer that the price of the extra work would be added to his proposal because it was not included in the original plans. He refused to pay for the additional work. I have tried to resolve this with the customer but I cannot continue doing work for a customer who refuses to pay for work they requested. I have already confirmed with the city that I can take my name off the permit and he can hire another contractor to complete the project.

Bottom line: our proposal clearly stated the work we were doing, the customer wanted us to do other work that was not on the proposal but did not want to pay for it.

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
Mrs. ******* Everything has been paid as per the payment scheduled send on July 25th by Mr. *******. On an original contract valued at $12,850.00, $11,700.00 as been paid. In addition there's $233.23 of extra for electrical work and $474.85 for extra framing that was paid on the last check given to Mr. ******* on 12/16/13. That leaves $1,150 to be paid for Mr ******* to finish the insulation, drywall and anything else required to close the permit, as per the contract Mr. ******* and I signed last July. I can submit all the copies of; the signed contract, payment schedule, all payments made, lien releases and pictures. I just want Mr ******* to do the remaining work without any further delays as per the contract in exchange for remain amount due on the contract. At this point the remaining work is pretty straight forward and does not require any extras.

This response was provided verbally to BBB:

We have tried to call the customer twice now to discuss his concerns. The customer needs to set up a time with us to talk about the issue instead of calling the BBB.

Complaint Resolution: Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.