BBB Accredited Business since 04/01/1998

McLeod's Auto Service, Inc.

02/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Horrible service, poor completion time, poor communication skills. Amazing that this company is still in business. Non qualified mechanics, very bad
This company had our car for 3 weeks trying to find a $27 dollar hose, they were so un prepared to fix the car that they told me to either go pick up the part myself and pay for it or tow my car out of the garage. After all this horrible service, the owner had the nerve to ask for payment. Any reputable company would have not asked for a nickel, not only did they not say they were sorry, but they sent me a bill for $538. After I refused to pay the invoice, they actually called the cops and reported me for grand theft. Unbelievable!!! my car is a $95,000 car, I don't think affording to pay for the car was the issue. Its hard to believe that a company can actually get away with pressing false charges against a customer, without no recourse. I will be calling every new station in Tampa Bay and reporting this companies behavior. Even the police officer said that this is very poor business practice on their part. They wouldn't even negotiate anything on their behalf. If you need your car repaired, go elsewhere, not only does this company have no idea on how to fix an expensive car, but they will over charge you and file a police report and charge you with grand theft if you don't pay their ransom.

I want my money returned to me. This will be the worst mistake this company has ever made. If they do not, not only will I ruin their reputation but I will sue them in civil court.

This response was provided verbally to BBB:

We worked on this customers vehicle and had to order parts from the dealership. The parts took a while to get to us and then they were the wrong parts which means it had to take longer. Then there was a problem with the part because Jaguar had an upgrade on the parts. The people who sold the parts to us didn't tell us. The customer was very mad that this took as long as it did but none of this was our fault. He wanted to blame it on us but there was nothing we could do because we had to wait on this part from the dealership only.

Once we repaired the vehicle he came in to pick it up and said he would come back to pay for it but never did. We started calling him for payment and that is when he said he didn't think he should have to pay because it took too long. There is no reason why he shouldn't pay. He then provided a fake PO Box number to send a bill to. My only option at that time was to call the police and the police ended up telling him to pay the bill. We do not believe this is a valid complaint.

We have been in business 61 years and totally rely on honesty and integrity in our business dealings and have maintained an excellent rating.

07/19/2012Problems with Product / Service