Creative Body Works, Inc. of Pinellas

09/03/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

This business painted my car, the paint job turned out poor, and they did not want to repaint it or refund my money (I only asked for half)
I took my brand new car to this business to fix the hood because of a rock chip. They painted the hood, but the rock chip mark was still there. It looks as if they filed down the chip and paint a clear coat over it. You can see the dark spot underneath the clearcoat.

I'd had another estimate for the fender because I had some tree sap on it. The fender estimate was less than half of the hood. I know they worked hard on the hood, I told them to just forget about the hood and just fix the fender for me.

About a month after the work finished, I started to notice a lot of bubbles on my fender. I took the car to them again to see if they can wetsand it down. They did try to sand it down, and revealed a white spot on the fender. I think they were desparate and took too much of the clearcoat off. My car is blue, so a white spot is very easily noticable.

He stood there and went on and on telling me not to expect a good paint job anywhere. He said wherever I go, there will be dusts in the paint. I tried to hear him out and tell him it's his job to paint, if he can't get it right, then shouldn't have taken my order.

It's a brand new car, so any imperfection stands out like a sore thump. I told the owner to either fix the spot, or refund half of my money so I can take it somewhere else. I took my car to him for a paint job, it did not turn out right, and he refuse to fix it.

I just want them to either repaint the fender or refund half of my money. I'm trying to be as reasonable as I can.

We have been in business for over 30 years and have thousands of satisfied customers. We are the repair facility for a multiple line dealership. In addition we have won a national insurance company award for "Top Shop of Florida" for two years in a row. This award is based on quality repairs and customer service.

In response to the customer's complaint: Having painted and installed a spoiler for this customer last year we were happy that he was returning for additional work. The customer requested that we do a small repair on the hood near the center of the left side. The request was to keep the repair in this area so that most of the expensive hood stripe could be saved. We also discussed not spraying any color near where the hood meets the bumper or fender. This eliminates the need to paint blend those panels. The total cost was $318.86.

When the customer came to pick up the car he pointed out a rock chip near the front of the hood next to the bumper about the size of a .5mm pen point. Even though it was discussed that we would not spray color near the bumper area, the customer now felt that we should have also repaired and painted the rock chip even though it was not part of the estimate. Since we had achieved an excellent color match and would not need to blend the adjacent panel as a good will gesture, we agreed to fix the chip and repaint for free to make the customer happy. The customer now also wanted us to do a small repair and paint his fender for an additional fee. He must have been satisfied with the repaired and painted hood to have us repair and paint another panel.

The customer arrived for the scheduled appointment and stated that the rock chip on the hood was not a concern anymore but instead could we just repair and paint the fender for free. Again to make this customer happy we agreed to this request and provided a rental car.

He inspected and picked up his car after the fender repair and was satisfied. A month later he returned pointing out an imperfection. As he has stated "bubbles on my fender" there were no bubbles in the paint. The surface simply needed to be polished this sometimes is necessary after paint fully cures. We polished the area and he was satisfied. As he was pulling out of the detail area into the sun light we noticed an area that needed additional polishing. He then pointed out a pinpoint spot under the clear coat not near the area we repaired. We did not buff through the clear coat. He became very upset and demanded that we repaint the fender or pay him half his money back on the hood repair. We felt that this was not our fault and we had already repaired and painted the fender for free. He again stated that he wanted half his money back so he could go and have another shop repaint the fender.

We told him that if he wanted another shop to repaint the fender that we would reimburse him after he had the fender repainted. Instead he has chosen to submit this unfounded complaint.

We feel we have done all that is possible to satisfy this customer and have contacted him again regarding this matter. He has now relocated to another state.

The owner contacted me and we were able to come to an agreement. I am now satisfied with the solution. This complaint can be closed. Thank you, ***