BBB Accredited Business since
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Request a Quote
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that Huber's Auto Group meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for Huber's Auto Group include:
- Length of time business has been operating.
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size.
- Response to 1 complaint(s) filed against business.
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business.
- BBB has sufficient background information on this business.
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||1|
|Total Closed Complaints||1|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding
or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain
any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Bureau of Professional & Occupational Affairs (BPOA)-PA
PO Box 2649, Harrisburg PA 17105
Phone Number: 717-783-1404
Fax Number: 717-705-5540
The license number is VD026789.
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMr. Earl Huber, President Mr. Eric Huber, Vice President
Auto Dealers - Used Cars Auto Repair & Service
398 N Reading Rd
Ephrata, PA 17522 Directions
What is a BBB Business Review?
We offer free reviews on businesses that include background, licensing, consumer experience and other information such as governmental actions that is known to BBB. These reviews are provided for businesses that are BBB accredited and also for businesses that are not BBB accredited.
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
BBB Business Reviews are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Business Review is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy.
BBB Business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business Reviews are subject to change at any time.
Additional Email Addresses
- - Customer Service
- - Communication/Mass Email
- - eQuote
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
Customer Review Trends
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score.
|Customer Review Experience||Value|
|Positive Review||5 points per review|
|Neutral Review||3 points per review|
|Negative Review||1 point per review|
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business.
BBB Letter Grade Scale
Star Rating scale
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Rating in addition to all other available information about the business. If the BBB Rating is NR then only Customer Reviews are used for the Star Rating.
Problems with Product/Service
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: Both my husband and I have purchased two used vehicles from Huber's Auto Group. He has an 06' VW Passat and I an 02' VW Jetta. He had warranty on his for the first two years he owned it and now he's into his 3rd year of owning it. I have a warranty on mine. I had transmission work done on my last year and the transmission failed again this year. We are out $1800. I've had my vehicle at three different shops the past month. My husbands car is the main issue because the check engine light is on. No body can fix the problem. We've had it to four different shops and it's not getting fixed. It's now past inspection because it didn't get passed due to the check engine light. They couldn't find the problem. This happened last year as well and local shops are wanting us to pay $250 to pass it without it getting properly fixed. We don't know what to do anymore. We just want to sell it, but how do you sell a car with the engine light on? Ever since we purchased our vehicles from Huber's Auto Group we have been having nothing, but problems. I feel they should at least fix my husbands vehicle, but chances are they won't know how to like the rest. So do we go after Huber's Auto Group of the makers of Volkswagen. I don't know what to do anymore? We have such terrible car problems and get even get rid of them.
Desired Settlement: If Huber's Auto Group would just fix this problem for us by either repairing his vehicle themselves or having VW handle the problem. We don't want to keep dropping hundreds of dollars at shops not solving the problems. We really just would like to sell our vehicles and can't sell his 06' VW Passat with the check engine light on and not passing inspection..please help!
I am sorry to hear that your car is having a problem. I am trying to understand how you feel we are somehow responsible for these problems.
When we sold the car to you it was in great condtion with only 36,000 miles on it and was sold with the balance of the factory new car 3 yr / 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty. It was a great buy as it had the bumper to bumper warranty from volkswagen but a big chunk of depreciation already off the car, resulting in a huge savings on the purchase price. We do everything we can to ensure that we sell the best cars possible. My reposibility is to make sure we are not selling a bad car. We service them, check them over and make sure everything is ready to go. We are however not God and cannot see or plan the future or guarantee a vehicle to continue the same performance as the day we sell it. This is why we recommend the extended warranties.
Here is the exact description we had on the car when we advertised it *** Excellent Condition ** 6 speed manual ** PA, One Owner ** Carfax Certified ** Great Fuel Mileage, Options Include, Leather, Trip Computer, Push Button Start, Auto Hold, ESP Electronic Stability Programming, Push Button Parking Brake, Pwr & Heated Mirrors, Pwr Windows, Pwr Locks w/ Keyless Entry, Cruise, AM/FM/CD, A/C, Folding Rear Seats, 16" Alloy wheels, and more.
I understand that the cars is acting up and I wish I could change that but, Please tell me what we did wrong here. Huber's Auto Group is not the car. We didn't break the car. We did not repair the car inproperly. We are an auto remarketer and auto repair center. We do both because cars and people need both services.
We sold you a car that at the time was fully serviced, clean and a good price. The owner of a vehicle is responsible to maintain the car for as long as you want to own it. The older it gets the higher risk of repairs. This is why cars depreciate. Otherwise people would drive them for ever and never have to buy a new car. Some people buy new cars so they have a 3 yr warranty and replace it when the warranty runs out. This insures they don't have repair bills, but they pay a high price in depreciation. New car depreciation 99% of the time costs more then repairs to a older car.
Please remember if we could controll these kinds of things we would. Repairs are part of owning a car. The inabality of your shop to fix it and the fact that it has a problem 3 1/2 yrs later is no reflection on the condition on the car when we sold it. Volkswagen would fix the car if it was still under warranty, but it is an old car now that is outside of the new car warranty. Nobody warranties a car for life. They are machines that wear out and require repairs. We would be happy to take a look at the car. We have very experience mechanics that may be able to fix the car, and we may be able to help you out buy actually fixing the car. Our shops rates are very reasonable and we know these cars well. Have you had it to a Volkswagen dealer? It may take a very specialized mechanic to figure it out, but it is rare to have a unfixable problem.
I feel this bad review and mark against me BBB rating for something that is beyond my control is unfair. I politely request that you retract this unreasonable request.
As far as selling the car with a check engine light on, thousands of cars are sold every years with check engine lights on. I have traded many cars with check engine lights on. It may affect the value some, but if you no longer want to take the resposibility of maintaining the car, you should trade it on something newer again so you have warranty. Again I have to point out though that the cost to buy another car in drive off the lot depreciation may far excede the cost to repair your current one. Please let me know if we can help you in any way. Just to be clear we are going to charge a fair price for our services. Thank you.
[To assist us in bringing this matter to a close, you must give us a reason why you are rejecting the response. If no reason is received your complaint will be closed Administratively Resolved]
1. You are right in one thing. I was frustrated and I apologize for my tone of voice. It was unneccessary.
2. The truth is the truth and you can’t change it.
3. Huber's Auto Group simply sold this car. Over 4 Years ago, with no mention or guarantee that it will run forever.
4. We didn't build it, we are not the manufacturer, we didn't break it, We didn't come to your house and cause this.
5. When you buy a car, you as the new owner are responsible to pay for any repairs that car may need outside of warranty.
6. The automotive repair business is a very busy business. This is why even ******* and ***** have entered in the car repair business. Everybody needs the service.
7. If we could make cars that never break, we wouldn't be selling other peoples cars, we would be building / manufacturing cars.
8. You purchased your Passat with the balance 4 yr / 50,000 mile warranty that came with the car from new. Over 4 yrs ago
9. Even if you had bought this car brand new, it would be out of its 4 yr, 50,000 mile warranty.
10. You declined buying any extended warranty when offered to you. Over 4 years ago
11. My stating the obvious may have not been very tactful (sorry again) but it doesn't change that it is true.
12. You hung up on me and didn't even let me finish. I was simply asking for you to explain why you feel you are entitled to anything.
13. I still think you need to take it to a VW dealer and if they can't fix it, trade it on a newer one and buy the extended warranty.
- Please don't take my giving these true facts as unprofessional. Lying is unprofessional. I believe lying is wrong. I believe that truth will always prevail and strive to sell the best cars possible. This is why we sold you a car with bumper to bumper warranty. I have sold over 3,000 cars in my career and No one has ever expected this kind of warranty coverage so it has caught me off guard. I encourage you to talk to other car dealerships and ask how they think we should handle this. I am at a loss. If I am wrong in my position I welcome a reasonable, educated response based on facts.
- I continue to extend my repair centers services. We charge reasonable rates, and have provided excellent service to customers who bought their cars from us for over 40 years. Your car could have a rare or unexplainable problem but I doubt it. I am sure we can at least get it through inspection for you. The Check engine light may come back on, but as long as we got it to stay off long enought to do the emissions test, your good for another year. We have had to force the monitors before on othere customers cars to get them through emissions. Our techs own and love VW's so they will find a way. I don't know what it will cost, but we will always call you with an estimate before we go forward spending any of your money. In the end it may be an odd problem that nobody can fix, but I feel confident we can get it inspected so you are legal to drive it another year so you have more time to decide if you want to replace it or not. I am sorry you are having trouble and I wish you only the best.
P.S. If you want to schedule your car, please call our service department at ###-###-#### and ******, **** or ****** will be happy to schedule you in.
BBB's Final Determination: Business offered a resolution. Consumer did not pursue further with BBB and the matter was assumed to be resolved