Homestar Electric

03/10/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The Job began in March 2014 and we were told it would only take a week to 2 weeks. It got dragged into the summer. He had his Apprentice/Journeyman do the majority of the work unsupervised. He then gave me a final bill when I felt the work was not completed according to the original wish list we had given him.

We contacted the Safety Inspector after a few things had gone wrong with our electrical which had us concerned (ie: baseboard heaters were melting plugs that were plugged in to outlets above the heaters, brand new potlights had fallen out of the ceiling). The Safety Inspector re-did the entire inspection and he found many issues.

**** of Homestar then stalled again until the new year to come and complete. He gave us 2 dates he could come back with, I responded and said both work. When he showed up he was again over 2 hours later than he said. I told him to complete the work in the garage and he got in his car and left.

I would like the work on the failed Safety Inspection to be completed to industry standards as laid out by the safety Inspector by someone other than ******* of Homestar Electric.

I have a responsibility to the safety authority to fulfill their request to make a couple changes. ****** and I have been communication indirectly via the inspector and I made arrangements to have another electrician finish the job. She was given a weeks notice, but when he got there she hadn't bought her new lights yet, and we needed some concrete removed in order to install a new grounding system. He did what he could and I informed the safety inspector. We have been waiting to hear when she is ready to have my electrician back.

She uses the term "Fail" when in fact it's just an inspection request to change or do something differently. Not uncommon for any trade of any skill set to go through something similar. We have many different ways to do the same job and things change between municipalities.

I've tried to reach the inspector a couple times since we were last, so all I can do right now is wait.

Electric Contractors