BBB Business ReviewIs this your Business?
BBB Accredited Business since 02/04/2013
Scenic Canyons Recreational Services Inc
Phone: (435) 245-6521
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product / Service||1|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||1|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|10/11/2013||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint: This is a copy of the first email I sent to Scenic Canyons on Monday, July after we returned home.------------------We are requesting a refund of our camping fees as we were some of the many campers required by the Forrest Service to evacuate the campgrounds at Redfish Lake in the Sawtooth National Recreational Area on Monday July, 22, 2013. We did not return to the campground resuming our vacation elsewhere. We arrived on Sunday, July 21 and paid $112 (ck # ***** for 7 days of camping at the Sockeye Campground, Site #17. We also paid $15 (ck# ***** for an extra vehicle week pass for parking at the boat ramp. As filled out on the payment envelopes, our truck license plate is **** *** We were told by the campground hosts, ***** and ***** that they expected we'd have no trouble getting a refund of our fees. If you have any questions, please reply and we will get right back to you. Thank you for your attention to our request, -----------I have sent 2 follow up email messages, on August 15 and 26. All of the emails were followed up bya phone call. I spoke briefly with ***** on the 29th and he said they were waiting for the check to clear. I told him it had on the 29th and he told me a refund would be sent that day. That is the only conversation or communication response we've had with them.
Initial Business Response
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Utah. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Scenic Canyons Recreational Services Inc is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
Additional Email Addresses
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Industry Tips for Property ManagementHome Fire Protection
Preparing to Sell Your Home
Storm Clean-up Schemes Cause Additional Heartache
You Need to Hold an Estate Sale... Where to Begin?
What is BBB Advertising Review?
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.