Deputy Director, Children’s Food & Beverage Advertising Initiative
The CFBAI is a national advertising self-regulation program of the Council of Better Business Bureaus. The goal of the Initiative is to shift advertising primarily directed to children (“child-directed advertising”) to healthier foods. The CFBAI is the independent administrator of commitments from leading national consumer packaged goods companies and quick serve restaurants to advertise only healthier foods to children or not engage in child-directed advertising.
We are seeking a seasoned professional to join the staff. This critical position will assist in all facets of CFBAI program management and development, will have primary responsibility for conducting and overseeing the independent monitoring that we conduct to assess whether participants are complying with their pledge obligations, and will represent the VP for CFBAI as necessary.
Duties will include:
- Policy development and strategic planning
- Interacting with high level representatives of the CFBAI participants
- Conducting advertising reviews and analyzing audience composition data
- Analyzing complex data regarding product formulations, nutritional standards, and advertising compliance issues
- Writing complex, but plain English, reports and fact sheets for public distribution
- Handling media relations
- Doing public speaking
- Monitoring domestic and international policy and regulatory developments regarding media and childhood obesity
- Engaging in liaison work with regulators, congressional officials and NGOs
The successful candidate will have knowledge of the food industry, food law and policy issues, including a JD or RD with at least five years of experience dealing with national food advertisers regarding food and nutrition policy issues and policy experience dealing with marketing to children or comparable experience in a similar industry. In addition, he or she will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be a strategic thinker, be able to set priorities and meet deadlines, and be able to take initiative and complete projects with minimal supervision. Experience dealing with opinion leaders and engaging in public speaking and media relations is highly desirable.
We offer great benefits including a flexible 35-hour week, teleworking opportunities, generous amounts of paid time off, medical and dental plans, and a 401(k) plan with immediate matching participation. We are located in Clarendon across from the metro station and our building offers affordable monthly and daily parking. Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume, including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about us at: http://www.bbb.org/us/about-children-food-beverage-advertising-initiative/.