More than 65 million times every year, consumers turn to BBB for information on local and national businesses they can trust. With a proliferation of online rating sites (many of which can be manipulated one way or the other), our role as the keeper of accurate, unbiased information is more important than ever.
We offer business information on nearly four million businesses across North America. But just as your business grows and changes to meet the demands of the marketplace, so does ours. For the past several years, we have been taking steps to make our data more comprehensive, easier to access, and more useful to your customers and potential customers.
I am pleased to announce that we will soon be rolling out our newly redeveloped BBB Business Reviews, a dynamic and interactive online product that offers consumers a great deal more information, and a better customer experience.
Perhaps the most critical element of BBB Business Reviews is not what you will see, but what we heard. We listened – to our accredited businesses, to consumers, and to other stakeholders – and incorporated dozens of ideas and suggestions. The result is an incredibly useful and easy-to-use tool that will show your customers that you uphold BBB’s Standards for Trust and that you stand by your word.
Some highlights of BBB Business Reviews:
• A cleaner and more attractive layout that encourages customers to learn more about a business.
• More detailed information, including maps and directions, details on products and services, hours of operation, refund and exchange policies, and service areas covered.
• Greater focus on BBB Accreditation, with prominent displays of the BBB Accredited Business seal and the tagline “BBB Accreditation since 20XX.”
• Opportunities for BBB Accredited Businesses to customize their review with photos, videos, certificates, awards and more.
• Optional features such as customer coupons and a “request a quote” link that allows consumers to interact directly with a BBB Accredited Business.
• Key customer feedback to rate the review, or recommend a business for Accreditation.
• Social media connections to allow users to post a review on Facebook and more.