This business is not BBB accredited.Additional Locations
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
View Business Review Inquiries
On 5/27/2016 this business's accreditation in the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to its failure to adhere to the BBB requirement that Accredited Businesses meet and abide by the following standards:
- 1B. Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable jurisdictions; provide all license and bonding information upon application for BBB accreditation; and provide periodic updates upon request of BBB.
- 1E. In its relationship with BBB:
- meet all applicable standards within this Code of Business Practices
- cooperate with BBB's activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business' industry
- honor any settlements, agreements or decisions reached as an outcome of a BBB dispute resolution process
- complete the required application and pay all monetary obligations to BBB in a timely manner
- 4A. Upon request, provide BBB with all information required to evaluate compliance with BBB standards. This may include, but is not limited to business name, address and contact information; names and background of principals; business and banking references; licensing and/or professional accreditation; and a complete description of the nature of the business.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that affect the rating for Palmetto Heavy Industrial Equipment, LLC include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- Failure to have a required competency license
- Failure to be transparent about ownership, location, or products/services offered
- No complaints filed with BBB
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||0|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
SC Department of Revenue
300 A Outlet Point Blvd, Columbia SC 29210
Phone Number: 803-898-5000
BBB confirmed that Palmetto Heavy Industrial Equipment, LLC had not obtained a necessary license from SC Department of Revenue.
Type of Entity
Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Business ManagementMr. Ashley Burton, President Ms. Dawn Fitzgerald, Office Manager
Contractors Equipment & Supplies - Dealers & Services Industrial Equipment & Supplies
Products & Services
Palmetto Heavy Industrial Equipment, LLC offers the following product(s): Generators, Air Compressors, Pressure Washers, Trash Pumps
Alternate Business NamesAshley Burton Pacific Equipment Sales Palmetto Industrial Palmetto Industries Trident Power LLC
Palmetto Heavy Industrial Equipment, LLC was formerly doing business as Palmetto Industrial and Palmetto Industries.
The owner of the company has also had additional company names.
In 2007 his company was Pacific Equipment Sales, LLC which is has recently been dissolved by the SC Secretary of State.
In 2011 the owner also formed Trident Power, LLC.
In 2013 the company changed their name to Eagle Equipment, LLC.
In 2016, the BBB was asked to change the name from Eagle Equipment, LLC to Trident Power LLC then Palmetto Industries and then to Palmetto Industrial, LLC within a two month period. When questioned by the BBB of the record with the SC Secretary of State(SOS) for 'Palmetto Industrial', since that name has been taken since 1998 in South Carolina, the business claimed the name had been rejected. However the SC SOS informed the BBB that there was no record of an application and the business failed to provide any documentation to show otherwise. The company is still using the name Palmetto Industrial. After revocation, the company then informed the BBB they had formed a new company Palmetto Heavy Industrial Equipment, LLC which they are now doing business as. On August 9, 2016, Eagle Equipment, LLC was dissolved through the SC Secretary of State.
Palmetto Heavy Industrial Equipment, LLC is in an industry that requires professional licensing through the SC Department of Revenue. This company is not currently licensed with the SC Department of Revenue and Better Business Bureau has been unable to determine that the company is also properly licensed in other states where they do business.