This business is not BBB accredited.Find a Location
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company offers telecommunications including local telephone service.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that affect the rating for Frontier Communications Corp. include:
- Failure to respond to 2 complaint(s) filed against business
- 10 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
- Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints
- Length of time business has been operating
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||3207|
|Total Closed Complaints||5480|
Additional Complaint Information
We find a
When consumers call to receive assistance many report to BBB that they are hung up on or calls are disconnected and not follow back up on by Frontier representatives. Consumers are transferred from representative to representative without receiving any assistance to their concerns many times resulting in a disconnection.
We have also identified a pattern in your responses to complaints stating:
• Per Tariff, in no event shall Frontier be liable in tort, contract, or otherwise for errors, omissions, interruptions, or delays to any person for personal injury, property damage, death, or economic losses. Frontier shall in no event exceed an amount equivalent to the proportionate charge to the customer for the period of service during which such mistake, omission, interruption, delay, error or defect occurs. Frontier will apply a credit based on the customer’s daily service rate.
• We trust that this information will assist you in closing this complaint. We regret any inconvenience that ‘consumer name’ may have experienced as a result of the above matter.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||234|
Business ManagementMs. Donna Loffert, Vice President of Customer Service
TELEPHONE COMPANIES TELEPHONE SERVICE - LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS
Alternate Business NamesCitizen's Telecom Citizen's Utilities Citizens Communications Frontier Frontier Communications Frontier Communications, a Citizens Communication Company Frontier Telephone of Rochester,a Citizens Co
Frontier Communications has recently taken over Verizon consumers in the states of California, Florida and Texas. BBB has seen an increase in consumer complaints against Frontier Communications. We have reached out to them regarding our concerns related to the high volume and pattern of complaints from previous Verizon consumers regarding internet, fios and telephone services. If you fall into this group of consumers and are filing a BBB complaint you may also wish to report your concerns to the following state agency in your area:
California consumers can also file a complaint with the California Attorney General, 916-322-3360, www.ag.ca.gov.
Florida Consumers can also file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General, 850-414-3300,http://www.myfloridalegal.com
Texas Consumers can also file a complaint with the Texas Attorney General, 512-463-2100,https://texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/file-a-consumer-complaint or with The Public Utility Commission, 512-936-7000,http://puc.texas.gov/