This business is not BBB accredited.Additional Locations
Phone: (607) 748-4686 View Additional Phone Numbers PO Box 992, Vestal, NY 13851
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered the rating for International Credit Recovery Inc. include:
- 445 complaint(s) filed against business
- Length of time business has taken to respond to complaint(s)
- Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints
Factors that raised the rating for International Credit Recovery Inc. include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- Response to 445 complaint(s) filed against business
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||57|
|Total Closed Complaints||445|
Additional Complaint Information
BBB finds a pattern and high volume of complaints regarding collection activities for consumers on client accounts for Progressive Business Publications of Malvern, PA. Consumers have advised BBB that they have not ordered any publications from Progressive Business Publications and therefore they do not owe any debt to International Credit Recovery. The company response to many of these BBB complaints with a response stating: "However, after careful review of this customer’s complaint we now have dead-filed the account stopping all collection activity as a courtesy to this company and Progressive Business Publications was notified. There will not be a balance due on this invoice, we will not run her credit card. This matter is considered closed."
The business responded to this pattern of complaints with the following statement:
In response to that, a majority of complaints appear to be billing/collection issues approximately 400. The customers are upset they are being billed for product they feel they didn’t order. They are now upset they are being contacted by a collection agency. They express to us they thought it was only a trial or free issue. However, they are told it will be a year subscription if not cancelled after their 30-day trial period. They are also sent a confirmation email with those terms. We found that a majority of the complaints misunderstood those terms and have not fully read the email sent to them or disregard it altogether. In our attempts to correct this we do explain step by step their original agreement and if a customer is still dissatisfied we will clear them from collection.
The percentage of customers with this problem is minimal compared to the customers we are contacting.
An average of 28,500 customers is turned over to us annually, so in 3 years that is 85,500 customers.
Of those an average of 500 in 3 years has complained regarding Progressive Business Publications’ business practices. That is 1% of the customers we contact the other 99% (85,000) we either are able to resolve ourselves or they pay their debt and do not send in a complaint.
We have been given authority by our client Progressive Business Publications to dead-file accounts with similar problems. They also contact us with customers to pull from collections as well to resolve any issues they may have. Our relationship with our client is strictly third party, however we have done business with them for 25+ years and have established a relationship of trust to be able to dead-file accounts we feel have reason to not continue their subscription.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||4|
Type of Entity