BBB® Torch Award Guidelines
Entries for the BBB® Torch Awards will be reviewed by a panel of judges.
The judges may request additional information from the company or business regarding any of the four judging criteria. BBB accreditation is not a requirement. The company may not hold a "B" or lower rating with any BBB. If your company has been the object of major lawsuits, including class action suits, or government actions in the past three years, this information must be disclosed as part of your entry. Decisions of the judges are final.
1. Entries should include a two-page summary that:
a. explains why your firm merits being a Business Ethics Award winner;
b. highlights specific business and management practices relevant to the award; and
c. illustrates your firm’s commitment to fair and honest conduct in the marketplace;
d. provides your firm’s position regarding business integrity and ethical practices. This includes a formally adopted policy or mission statement.
2. Entries should be submitted on 8.5” x 11” paper, and the total entry is limited to a 2 inch, three-ring binder. Entries can be submitted electronically in PDF format or Word Document Format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entry Deadline has bee extended to September 15th, 2015!
3. Use tabs to separate the binder into 4 sections corresponding to the judging criteria, and include materials (mission statement, company communications and publications, news media articles, company advertising, letters of recognition or commendation, customer testimonials, etc.) that demonstrate your company’s strengths regarding each of the criteria. Sorry, however, video, DVD’s and CD media will not be reviewed by the judges.
4. Please retain a copy of your complete entry. All submitted entries become the property of the BBB serving Eastern Oklahoma and cannot be returned. If your business makes it to the semi-finalist stage, you will be required to forward three complete copies of your entry for the judges.
Semi-finalists will be selected in early September, and finalists and winners will be notified by mail no later than the end of September. Semi-finalists may be asked to provide the name and phone number of customers, vendors, and suppliers whom the judges may contact about the company. Semi-finalists may also be asked to allow representatives of the judging process to conduct a site visit of the company. In order to determine that a company is meeting their financial obligations, judges may obtain a Dun and Bradstreet report.
Please submit entries in English.
A company should demonstrate its commitment to high ethical standards of behavior and provide documentation in the following categories. Below are suggestions of areas to address. Not all areas are required in order for a company to compete.
1. Management Practices. (If you are the owner of the company, with no employees, explain how ethics are used in everyday business practices.)
2. Customer/ Vendor/ Supplier/ Shareholder Relations.
3. Marketing/ Advertising/Communications/ Sales Practices.
4. Reputation within Industry and Community.
Nominate a Business:
Do you know of an ethical business? Have you dealt with a local company you feel is deserving of a BBB Torch Award? Nominate a business and we will contact the company to inform them of the entry process. Deadline for 2014 Torch Awards has ended. Watch for 2016 Deadlines and start preparing your entries by checking the criteria above. Thank you to all the companies that submitted entries.
To Nominate please email email@example.com with the company's:
City, State & Zip
Your name and phone number in case we are unable to reach the company.
Meet 2015 Torch Award Winners!
CertaPro® Painters of Tulsa
Tom Barbour, owner of CertaPro® Painters of Tulsa, feels that commitment to the process of a job well done should reflect not only at work, but in the community as well.CertaPro® Painters of Tulsa is committed to providing the highest quality work and professional service. Click Here to find out what winning the Torch Award means to Tom and his business.
RLS Construction, LLC
Rick Smith, owner of RLS Construction, LLC takes pride in delivering accurate and complete budgets to their clients. Rick believes dedicated work ethics, providing proper training for employees, and commitment to the customer along with giving back to the community are all key to running a strong business. Click Here to find out what winning the Torch Award means to Rick and his business.
Visiting Angels of Green Country
Page Cole, owner of Visiting Angels of Green Country understands what it is like to worry about the care of your loved ones. Knowing that what they do makes a difference in our world is what drives Page and his staff to be the very best they can be while providing in-home senior care and while supporting local charities. Click Here to find out what winning the Torch Award means to Page and his business.