In Eastern Oklahoma

BBB Accredited Business since 02/15/2013

Bone Dry Roofing, Inc.

02/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service

Complaint: Original quote was to paint house to match 2 color scheme. Subcontractor had std colors from one company matched from another co. they did not exact match. I agreed to exact match. They blamed age Tan was Never yellow and Redwood never blood red. Agreement was to prime needed spots I saw no evidence of priming. Sub did not repaint some areas like original. Painting on garage shoddy. Carpentry work satisfactory so far. Never received asked quote on the other carpentry work.

During sales appt on 10/2/2013 it was written on the proposal that we would match paint to the two color scheme of home. We discussed how we were going to match the paint and he stated that he had paint cans left over that we could match from. I discussed paint suppliers with him and stated that we prefer Sherwin Williams and they would be able to pull up the paint codes from Anchor Paint to match what he gave me. He was at the time fine with the use of Sherwin Williams. At the time our sub contractor came out to paint the home it was brought up again about use of Sherwin Williams and customer was fine at that point of time. We performed the work as described in the proposal and after work was completed, a couple days later the homeowner felt the paint match was not correct. I went out to meet with the homeowner with the painter I used and we checked with Sherwin Williams and the match was Anchors paint match. We discussed what options could be done to satisfy the project and came up with discounting the proposal for the un-satisfaction the customer felt and also for a small portion that did not get painted yet. The discount was a little over 10% of the original proposal price that at the time both parties felt was appropriate. I am regretful for the way that the customer feels about the finished product right now and feel that we performed the project to what was detailed on the proposal.I would be willing to meet with customer again and see if a solution can be obtained over and above what was already settled to.

I am not doubting the professionalism of a painter, I mean they are not licensed, no requirements to be a painter. At the time I was working 12 hr. days. In the winter that is dark to dark, Had I been able to see the work in progress in the daylight I would have stopped it. Sheens effect the color of paints. My house is a glossy paint although the cans say satin on the trim. The siding part is a total different color yellow, not doeskin beige. No matter the sheen. The other company did not EXACT match my samples. I am sorry but that is the facts the professional painter made choices without consulting me and thus here we are. I don't know what a resolution to this or if there is one.

I regret that this customer is still unsatisfied with the work that our professional painters did and paint product chosen at the beginning and was not a problem until a few days into the project. I discounted the invoice for the dissatisfaction at the time that we agreed upon for this. I am willing to go back out and see if there is a mutual solution to gain his satisfaction of the paint job.

Roofing Contractors, Siding Contractors, Painting Contractors, Contractors - Gutters