9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

01/14/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Unable to get service cancelled after one year contract was complete
After my agreed upon one year contract service was complete I needed to cancel because I left my job to start a PhD program at North Texas State. When I called to cancel on 6/210/13 the service agent talked me into putting my account on hold for 3 months to reconsider canceling. When I received an email notice of service after that time I called to cancel (9/20). I was told by the person that answered that a service manager would have to talk to me and that she was on the phone. I did not receive a phone call back and assumed the matter had been handled since I called in. Today I received another email notice for service. I emailed to cancel the service, thinking that legal documentation would back up my request to cancel service. Following is the string of emails:

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM, ****************** <**********************> wrote:
I have cancelled this service numerous times! Each time I call I am referred to a "service" manager who is either on the phone or doesn't call me back. I am about ready to report you all as one of those businesses that takes care of elderly people by not leaving them alone.

This email serves as legal documentation that I have cancelled this service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
********
******** ************, ****
************ cell
********************** (personal email)
**************************** (University of North Texas email)

********,
Since you had called on 6/12 to put your account on hold and also 9/20 we have still not had a chance to service your account. When you called in on 6/12 we had a service that was scheduled for that month. After your one year contract was up we required a 30 day notice of cancellation to cancel service, which I show they went over with you. When they put you on hold you would have had to have one last service dont to be able to cancle since back in June we didnt service or get a proper 30 day notice. I can certainly make this your last service with us, but we still have to hold you to one service since you have skipped every service for 6months. We never recieved a notice to cancel within those months. If we cant service the last service Rove requires you to pay 60% of that service for $100 which is $60. Let me know if you want us to service or send you a cancellation fee.

******

********rovepestcontrol.com

This business indeed has set up practices that make it VERY DIFFICULT for someone to cancel their service. Because they require a credit card when you sign up, they have access to account information so that they can continue to charge you for unwanted services.

Destroy all credit card information and cancel my service!!!!!!

Customer account was canceled and all payment information was deleted. All cancel fees have been waived as well. This was done back on 12/06/13 when the customer called in to complain.

10/21/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Billing for a cancellation fee when notice has been given that we didn't want any more service.
We had them come and give us a quote for spraying for spider earlier this summer. Was told we needed to do this on a schedule to be effective. We agreed and spraying continued for a few months. We paid each time the technician came to spray. After the final spraying I told him we didn't want to continue as it wasn't working since we saw more spiders than anytime in the past several years. A letter was mailed stating the same thing that we did not want to continue the spray process as it was not working. I received an invoice near the end of August and called to explain that we had told the technician and sent notice via US Mail that we did not want to continue the spraying. I figured the issue was closed but NO! We get another statement on September 3rd asking for $60 for a cancellation fee - I am not in the habit of paying for nothing so I sent a letter to them saying we had paid for all the spraying and did not want to have anything more to do with Rove Pest Control. I wrote we could walk away from the relationship and leave as-is or they could escalate the issue by sending another invoice. Rove decided to escalate the situation by sending another statement dated September 17th, 2013. I decided to file this complaint on this BBB website as they show they are part of this body.

I want Rove Pest Control to cease sending me a bill for a cancellation fee. I paid them every time service was provided and did not feel the service was working. I do not think Rove is entitled to any more money from me. I told the technician I would not be continuing, I mailed a letter to the Company, and I told the receptionist who I talked with in August 2013.

The cancellation fee has been taken off this customer and will not be billed. However, we never received the written notice that the customer states was sent earlier. The written notice is required in order to cancel the service. This was part of the terms of the agreement when the customer first signed with us for service.

09/05/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Improper collection of canellation fees.
Rove Pest Control located in Jenks Okla. where my bill came from is not listed in the BBB so I chose a Tulsa location. Rove Pest control is to notify the costumer by phone and letter prior to service. On three occasions between Jan and Jul 13 they arrived without prior notification. When technicians arrived for serice without notification they stated they could not resolve the issue and to contact the Tulsa location; however they did indicate that it had been a problem. Calls to complain about the issue were ignored. I was given the company line that every customer receives a call and letter prior to service; nothing was done to resolve the issue. On Jul 20 a technician arrived, again without prior notification; I refused service. On Jul 26 I called to cancel service and gave the reason of non-notification, at that time I was informed that I was scheduled for the following day, again without prior notification. I had fulfilled my contract and **** accepted my cancellation. There was no mention of a cancellation fee. On Aug 15 I received a bill for a cancellation fee of $50.40. Upon contacting Rove I was told that I had not given a 30 day notice and would have to pay the fee. Once again, I notified Rove that I had not been receiving my notifications, and once again was told that I had. How can a 30 day notice be provided when you don't know when your service is scheduled and why was I not informed that there would be a fee? Due to Rove's lack of customer service to fix the problem of non-notification, which they blame the customer for, I should not be required to pay a cancellation fee.

Credit to my account for the cancellation fee of $50.40.

We have appreciated the business our customer has given to us over the last 2 years. We do send out either reminder letters or emails a week prior to the service. We also call the day before service to make another attempt to get in contact with the customer. These reminder notices are done as a courtesy to the customer and are not part of the contractual agreement. We do require a 30 day notice in writing to terminate the agreement, otherwise a cancelation fee is assessed to the account. We will make an exception in this case with the customer and remove her cancellation fee, even though she is obligated to pay the cancel fee per terms of agreement. We will remove the cancel fee.

04/05/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Services rendered without authorization
A salesman from Rove Pest control asked me to sign a contract and did not explain that the contract was for an extended period of time. 1 year later, we sold our home and Rove Pest control continued to call while it was under contract. I returned 5 phone calls asking them to hold service until we closed on the home and I asked them to withold all service as I was not living in the home any longer, and that I would ask the new homeowner if he would like to continue service. Instead of honoring my request, they provided service a week before closing with a 'SOLD' sign on the door and sent me a bill, days after I explained to managers and mutiple people calling to suspend service, at least until the house was sold and the new owners agreed to continue. I've had over $3000 in TRR repairs and do not wish to continue maintaining a lawn and pest control for the new owners. From looking online, I find a lot of similar complaints. If I ran my business like this, I wouldn't have customers.

A refund for the services rendered during the week of March 25-28th and to transfer the contract to the new owner. I have sold the home. I do not wish to continue to pay for maintenence.

Contact Name and Title: Ty Hawkins Manager
Contact Phone: 9183691400
Contact Email: tyh@rovepc.com
There was a miscommunication on expectation for contact for this service in question. Mr******** account has been credited the full amount of the service and an agreement has been sent to him per his request

05/08/2013Billing / Collection Issues
07/29/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Charging me for incomplete service
This is my second complaint about this company. They came out for their last service and did not complete the service and charged me a full bill. I called to cancel and paid the full amount of the imcomplete service and they never made notes in my account. They called me today to remind me of my service to which I told them I wanted cancelled and now they are telling me they'll charge me 60% for the service because it wasn't within 30 days of notice. Their last service was 60 days ago which gave them plenty of notice. These people have made FALSE claims before when they say they'll come out in between services to complete the job because this was my complaint last time. Now they are wanting to charge me for a service I had cancelled. They are scamming their customers for incomplete services.

I want them to not charge me 60% of a service that was never done considering their last service was never completed.

We have been servicing *************** home since June of 2010. Before each service we send an email and place a phone call reminding her of the service. This was done as usual for the April 2013 service. It states in the terms of the agreement that the customer will make the premises available for us to treat. If the entire premises is not available, we treat as much as possible. On the day in April, only the front was available, so we serviced the front yard. We then left an invoice detailing that only the front portion of the home and yard had been treated. We asked her to call us to get the remainder of the service complete. We then placed a follow up call on 04/09/13 to remind her that the front portion of the home was treated and she needed to contact us to have the back portion of the home and yard treated. This request from us was never returned by the customer.

Concerning the cancel request...Prior to 07/10/13 we had received no cancel request as stated in Mrs. *********'s complaint. She did in fact pay for the service rendered in April, however that payment was mailed to us as opposed to called in as the customer states. If we had received a verbal request to cancel, she would have been told to send a written request to cancel as was the case on 07/10/13.

Mrs. ********* also claims we made false claims about coming out for free in between services. This is not a false claim, as it is outlined in the service agreement that we will return free of charge in between services if the customer requests us to do so. Mrs. ********* has not used this policy very often as she has been home for most services, however she has utilized the free reservices on a couple of occasions.

Because there was no cancel notice received by our office back in April, we will not relieve the 60% cancellation fee.

They are making false claims. I have found online where they have treated other customers the same way as I have been treated. I cancelled my service in April. It's not my fault their customer service failed to do their job. I paid for a full treatment to which they only did half. I should have never had to pay for a full service.

They are cheating customers out of money which they tried to do to me in the past. I have also not been available for their services at my house for OVER A YEAR. I work full time so they are making ANOTHER false claim. Business like this should be shut down.

Business stands the originally submitted response.

Pest Control Services