BBB Accredited Business since 04/05/1996
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Request a Quote
A BBB Accredited Business since 04/05/1996
BBB has determined that Olshan Foundation Solutions meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised Olshan Foundation Solutions' rating include:
- Length of time business has been operating.
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size.
- Response to 7 complaint(s) filed against business.
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business.
Based on the files of the BBB of Houston, Texas, this company has a satisfactory record. To have a satisfactory record with the BBB, a company must be in business for at least 12 months, properly and promptly address matters referred to it by the BBB, and be free from an unusual volume or pattern of complaints and law enforcement action involving its marketplace conduct. In addition, the BBB must have a clear understanding of the company's business and no concerns about its industry.
Customer Complaints SummaryRead complaint details
BBB serving Houston, TX maintains a report on this company's headquarters location. Please visit http://Houston.bbb.org for details or call (713) 868-9500.
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||1|
|Problems with Product / Service||6|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||7|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
0 Customer Reviews Customer Reviews on Olshan Foundation Solutions
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0 Customer Reviews|
Don't think that you need to be an expert to determine that you have a problem with you foundation. Just look around to see if you find the following signs:
*Cracks in the interior walls.
*"Popped" nails in the plaster or sheetrock. *Doors and windows that are hard to close. *Cracks in the brick fireplace wall.
*Cracks in or between the exterior bricks. *Joints around the windows or door frames pulling away from the caulking.
*Leaks in the roof, despite roofing materials that is in good condition.
*Obvious sloping of floors.
These problems are more than unsightly cosmetic annoyances. Cracks in the interior walls reduce the value of your home. Cracks in exterior bricks allow moisture that can damage the sheathing, insulation, and the interior walls. Spaces between walls and windows or doors that no longer fit well can result in higher heating and cooling costs. In addition, leaking roofs can result in damaged beams, insulation, interior walls, ceilings and electrical wiring. How To Find The Right Company: Most homeowners can take their time in getting their foundations repaired since foundation problems usually are not emergencies. Because of this, there should be no need for you to be pushed into hasty decision regarding which company you select to level your house. However, it is important to remember that foundation problems cause damage to the rest of your home, so the sooner the repairs are made, the better. So, how do you find the right company? You want a company you can rely on to detect the problem accurately and then do the job right. And most importantly, you want a company that will deal with you honestly. Use the checklist provided below when comparing companies:
1. Determine how long the company has been in business.
2. you should understand what method of foundation repair will be used. If you have a preference, you should seek out the companies using that method.
3. Visit the business location. Is it professional and organized.
4. How much experience does the company have in foundation repair? Remember, the years a company has been in business may not reflect its experience with foundations. In the event you may sell your home in the future, it is important to be certain that any foundation repair will be adequate to obtain financing.
5. Does the company have workman's compensation and liability insurance? Ask the company to have its agent mail a certificate of insurance to your home.
6. Is a city permit required for the area?
7. Will the company supply a scale drawing to show how the house will be leveled?
8. Is the company a member of any related trade or professional associations?
9. Will the workman be employees of the company or temporary labor?
10. Will there be supervisors on site?
11. Is the company willing to give you references. Be sure the references are not handpicked by the company. And don't be satisfied to simply have the references.
Check with the people to see what their experiences were. Be sure that you understand the terms of payment. You should make no payments before the work begins. Be sure you understand the warranty agreement before you sign the contract. In the foundation repair industry, most contracts contain a clause not visible when the bid was submitted. In these cases, the desired results may not be obtained. After the extended warranty period, a service agreement may be available to cover beyond the warranty period at an additional cost. Other companies may not transfer the warranty if you sell the house or may charge a fee for the transfer. No matter what, the conditions of the warranty or guarantee should be clearly listed in the contract.
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
Business ManagementPrincipal: Mr. Dan Jaggers (General Mananger)
Number of Employees
Foundation Contractors, Drainage Contractors, Foundation Repair & House Leveling
Products & Services
This company states it is a foundation repair company, providing patented cable lock pilings, bell-bottom piers, block and base, and under-slab plumbing.