BBB Accredited Business since 02/28/1995

Dollar Rent-A-Car

954 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 388 closed in last 12 months

03/03/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Was charged for things I did not ask for and was not informed of. Refusal of Dollar to resolve complaint.
I had a reservation at Hobby Airport in Houston. Approximate rate of rental was 226.00 for 4 days. It was set up through my employer. When I got there I was informed I had to use my personal credit card which I was initially fine with. The lady asked me if I was going on the tollroad and I said I was. NOTHING was said about additional daily charges because of that.

I was asked about insurance. I told the lady that I wanted the absolute cheapest insurance. She asked, "Liability only?" and I responded in the affirmative. When that gets done she said that the total was going to be $509.00.

I said, "That's not ok. I need to call my bank to make sure I have that." Her response was, "Oh, it's fine. Your card went through with no problem." So she ran my card without authorization to do so! At that point I got aggitated and said that just because the card went through doesn't mean that I have money to survive on for the next 4 days.

She explained that if she reversed it and "did it the right way" that the authorization would not be released from the first try for 3-5 business days so it would not be in my best interest to change it because I'd be paying another several hundred dollars.

I have not had time to deal with this until today due to the conference I was attending but I called today to try to deal with it. I tried every local number and was unable to reach anyone other than Hertz (who apparently answers their phones but can't help their customers). All other numbers were disconnected.

I called the 866 number - and when you press "3" for a completed contract you get immediately disconnected. So I called back and did the same thing just to make sure it wasn't a glitch...it wasn't. So I called and pressed "1" instead. I got customer service in the Phillipines who then transferred me to a representative who identified herself as "Star".

Star was absolutely the most rude customer service person I've ever had the unfortunate circumstance to come across. She interrupted me, talked over me, didn't actually listen to anything I said and then actually had the nerve to blame me for the charges!!

She said that since I said I was going on toll roads (in what I thought was just a friendly conversation with the initial person who completed the contract) and because I agreed to ANY type of insurance - it didn't matter what the level of charges were. When I asked for a manager I was told to shut up and listen to her. When I said no and demanded a supervisor she said she didn't have one and hung up on me.

I was charged $26.99/day for insurance when the cheapest is $11.00/day according to their website. I was also charged $11.49/day for an all inclusive platepass that I never agreed to.

I'm all for paying for services rendered but this has been the worst customer service experience of my life (which is saying something). I don't feel like I should pay anything due to the level of effort I've had to expend because of their poor and borderline illegal business practices.

$287.00 (this is the amount of over charges from the original reservation)

We were notified of your recent experience with Dollar Rent A Car in Houston by the Better Business Bureau of Tulsa. On behalf of Dollar Rent A Car, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
We would like the opportunity to respond to your message, but we are having difficulties locating a copy of your rental record; please provide the following information.
1. Reservation confirmation number or rental agreement/record number.
2. Name of primary renter.
3. Beginning and ending dates of rental.
Once we have the updated information we will be glad to assist you.

1.RA# - **********
2.**************
3. 2/9-2/13

Review of your agreement shows that you accepted optional coverage and Plate Pass. The costs of all optional items are listed on the electronic signature capture screens provided at the start of the rental. The use of the electronic device has taken place of a traditional paper contract for the protection of our renters and to lower the amount of time needed to review pertinent information. The first screen you encounter will list any optional items you have requested and the total cost for these items. Another screen is presented that lists the total cost of the rental including optional items and by accepting this screen and signing the agreement you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and charge breakdown. We can certainly understand time constraints you encounter while travelling we are dedicated to remain sensitive to the customer's needs and present all information in a timely and efficient manner. Your comments are appreciated and we will communicate this to the local management for consideration in training procedures and future improvement of the rental experience. Based on the agreement you have completed we will be unable to refund the optional coverage as you have requested. For your records I have attached the signed rental agreement and signature capture screens.
Please accept my personal apologies for the unacceptable behavior exhibited by our employee. We pride ourselves on our employee's ability to provide excellent customer service. The details of your experience with our customer service agent have been forwarded to the Customer Service Manager for immediate corrective actions.
Thank you once again for taking the time to notify us of this situation.

This response is a prime example of why Dollar is a very poor company to deal with. I TRUSTED that their employee was doing her job. She didn't...and when faced with that, Dollar is choosing to ignore facts and give pat answers. It's not in any way ok that what is on an electronic screen is different than what the customer has requested. It's not in any way ok that I was charged, the employee ADMITTED she made a mistake AS I WAS GOING THROUGH THE ELECTRONIC screens but was basically told there was nothing she could do to rectify the situation. I was held hostage basically and my card was charged for things WITHOUT my authorization. It was either sign the contract or not have a car or any way to get around.

The bottom line is that I ONLY signed the electronic agreement because I'd already been charged for the items and, AGAIN, because I was told that if she reversed what she had done that I'd be looking at a second charge for several hundred dollars that I did NOT have. I explained all this in my initial complaint. Dollar did not listen and my BBB complaint will stand as unresolved. Hopefully this will deter anyone who reads it from doing business with a company that is only interested in how much money they can illegally obtain rather than actually doing the moral and right thing by rectifying HORRID customer service and HUGE mistakes made by employees. This is reprehensible.

In an effort to regain your confidence in Dollar Rent A Car, I have issued a credit for the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) in the amount of $124.16. Please allow sufficient time for this amount to appear on your billing statement. For your records I have attached your corrected rental receipt.

03/02/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Company sent damage claim almost 4 months after the car was returned in the amount of 2494.65
I rented a car form the Boston Airport location on 9-27-2014 early am. I was fortunate to get one of the last cars on the lot . It was a 2013 Nissan Altima with around 26k miles on it. I returned the car on 10-01-2014 around 8:00 am before heading into the office , at a different location . The car was returned at the Chicago Ohare office .I actually had to wait for my coworker in their loby to come pick me up .
On 2-09-2014 I received a Notice from the company that there was excessive damage to the car. The recovery agents name is **************. The claim number is *******.
The next morning i called in to find out what the issue is and if i can get some more information on this . Shortly after talking to Ashley i was presented with pictures showing the Car being covered, apparently in dried bird feces.According to her it was so bad that the car had to be repainted.She also provided me with a bill form the shop and also with a slip signed by an employee showing front bumper damage . A little different then car covered in feces . Then we had a conversation about the lot where the cars are kept. Dollar Chicago is an outside parking space .Everybody can google map that and see the cars from the satellite. She sent me a picture of the main garage at Ohare airport .I do not know what the connection is but the Dollar lot is at 10000 BESSIE COLEMAN DRIVE . Outside storage . I asked about the possibility of something happening to the car after i dropped it off and she categorically denied that . I tried calling back to give further explanation but all i am getting now is voicemail.
Needles to say . I did not return the car in that condition.The way the car looks in the picture is no the way i returned it.I would have been stooped and asked about it right there at checkout .
Even though they had my full info , address , phone the company did not contact me until yesterday.

I want Dollar to drop the claim.I am sorry for what happened to the car and it dose look bad in the picture , but it was not caused by me .

After reading Mr *****'s complaint and carefully reviewing claim ******* I have dropped all billing attempts against Mr *****'s. Claim has been closed. I have also mailed a letter confirming this action to Mr. ***** ar the Illinois address on file. I apologize for the inconvenience and look forward serving your future rental needs.
****************
CRU-DTAG Supervisor

03/02/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was in formed to send this complaint to your office, December 5,2014 I rented a car from Dollar car rent located in the Fort Lauderdale FL airport. I was informed by an agent the surpass no longer excepted cash and was offered $50.00 fee or I would be fined and have extra toll fees to be paid. Of course not known FL laws I accepted. The very next day I saw on the Florida news that vacationers were being scammed by this named car rental co. Up on hearing this I contacted Dollar rentals, I spoke with an understanding women, whom said no to worry she will refund my money upon the returning of the car. Explained I used the sunpass for $5.14 that's when she informed not to worry I will be billed for that amount. Needless to say yes the charge for 50.00 was removed but just last weeks received a fine for $65.14. I was informed by by the BBB OF Arizona that they have received hundreds of complains due to this situation. I will be more that happy to pay $5.14, but not appreciate being mislead and or robbed especially by a legitimate business. Yours truly,************. e mail : *********************

Hope to be hearing a response shortly.

We were notified of your recent experience with Dollar Rent A Car in Ft. Lauderdale by the Better Business Bureau of Tulsa. On behalf of Dollar Rent A Car, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
Please accept our sincere apology for any misunderstanding of the toll and administrative fee assessed on your recently completed rental. If our toll pass option is declined, the renter is assessed an administrative fee of $15.00 per toll violation in addition to the cost of the toll. Our toll and administrative policies are included on the agreement provided at the beginning of each rental. In the interest of customer service we can allow you to retroactively opt in for the Plate Pass for $35.96 which is a $29.18 decrease. If you would like to accept this option please contact ATS at 877-759-5823 or www.rentalcarticket.com.
For your records I have attached your signature capture screens from the inception of your rental.
Thank you once again for taking the time to notify us of this situation. We look forward to serving you again soon at Dollar Rent A Car.

03/02/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Dollar Rent A Car Stolen on 12-22-14 in Brooklyn, NY. Spoke with 3 different invest. now issuing warrant but was told car recovered in NJ tow pound.
Rented car frm W 52 NYC on 12-15-14, stolen on 12-22-14, called in and reported it, 3 investigators kept calling me told them all detail over and ove, seems investagots from 3 different states that were involved ddnt talk to each,last call was from investigator name unknown said car was found in NJ Tow Pound 3 wks ago and i will receive a bill. Vin # ***************** Plate NJ ****** rental agreement ********* was due back 12-23-14. Took out loss damage waiver plus have fullcomp and colkisio on my brand new 2014 Hnda State Farm which shold cover any damages or cost of vehicle. Now investigatior ***** threateneing me to put out a warrant for my arrest, called 63 precient detectives and they told me that this is impossible since I am a victim as well. I have complied with everything they toldme to do. I am going back to NY fromPA where I reside to the 63rd to officially report it stolen but initially was told they would put in the stolen report. Misinformed.Never asked me for money or insurance information. Donot want to be threatened and treated in thisunfair manner and unfair practices.They are disoranized and should use professional and ethical tretament to the customers.

No warrants or threats, place it under the Loss Damage Waiver for reimbursement or to repair car that was recovered in NJ Tow Pound.

Dear Mrs. ******,

We were notified of your recent experience with Dollar Rent A Car in New York by the Better Business Bureau of Tulsa. On behalf of Dollar Rent A Car, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
According to the information we have, it is our understanding that the vehicle was taken on 12/22/2014 and it is unclear if a police report was immediately filed and reported as stolen. There are instances in which the LDW can be voided. We are unable to guarantee the LDW will still be valid until we have the vehicle back, inspected and all the details of the case are available. Because the vehicle you rented has not been recovered, your rental contract remains open and we are unable to offer a resolution at this time. Once the rental car is recovered and the contract is closed, we will be able to look further into this matter.

Case ID: *******

Car was recovered undamaged as per inspector ******** from dollar rent a car and as he stated to me three days ago on 2/9/15 the car was recovered from j tow pound was inspected and is in excellent condition. His phone is 239.300-7109 if you have further questions three inspectprs were on this case amd was told that ypu guys were putting in the stolen report. Lease talk to your other inspectors and maintain current files that all can access for transparency and efficiency

Because you are responsible for maintaining possession of the car rental keys and failed to do so, we are unable to assist any further as the matter will be pursued legally.

02/24/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Was told transaction would be voided but still got charged even tho I didn't take a car from dollar in Orlando.
I made a reservation to pick up a economy car on 12/4/14. I got to the counter and did all the paperwork and everything for an economy car. After going outside and finding out they only had mini vans. I went back in to the counter and told the agent I rented from I was not willing to take a mini van. He grabbed my receipt and told me he would have the manager void the transaction. I told him I needed some form of prof for the void so he grabbed a sharpie and wrote void on the receipt and threw it back at me and told me to go. So I went well afew days later I looked at my statement and got charged $450.92. I waited till I got back to my place of residents and filed a dispute with my bank for the charge on my credit card. The charge was originally taken off due to my dispute and now it is back on my card. I do not know why you guys would dispute it when I didn't even take a rental car from you and the transaction should have been voided on the spot.

I am looking for a refund for my full amount of 450.92 put back on my card or a check mailed to me with payment in full.

We were notified of your recent experience with Dollar Rent A Car in Orlando by the Better Business Bureau of Tulsa. On behalf of Dollar Rent A Car, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
Please accept my personal apology for the misunderstanding concerning the voiding of your rental agreement. I have issued a credit in the amount of $450.92. Please allow sufficient time for this amount to appear on your billing statement.

02/24/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Renting a car, contr *********, **********, Israel dep, from card instead of $610 total $1710.76 extracted
when renting the car, 12.28.14 $1100.00 were reserved on my card. When car was returned, Jan 7th, I got a promise that money above $610 will be released in 72 hrs. They were not.
In reality another $610.76 were extracted from my account. Total $1710.76. My account is emptied, and I am going to be billed by my bank for this.

1) return the money above $610.00
2) compensation sum $100 (to compensate my bank charges)

We were notified of your recent experience with Dollar Rent A Car in Tel Aviv by the Better Business Bureau of Tulsa. On behalf of Dollar Rent A Car, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
Please be advised credit card authorizations expire after 21 - 30 days. If your account is showing the amounts as charges and not as authorization please provide copy of your bank statement.
Thank you once again for taking the time to notify us of this situation.

The response from the business pretend that it is only an occasional delay in the release of the money blocking. It is not.
We use this service for the third time, and every time we are asked for the advance authorization and then the full charge is applied additionally to the authorization.
This is the only business our family met doing like this. In US as well as in the Europe the final payment means also the instant release of the blocked sum of money.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. Because the location is an international location the policies are different.

The explanation provided does not reflect the reality.
Israeli businesses never do what your partner location does.
What your business does is obvious kind of cheating or severe negligence.

02/20/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

deceptive billing. Coerced signature from me.
I used dollar rental car at the Fort Lauderdale Airport. I made the reservation on ******. I rented the vehicle 1-29-15 with a return date of 2-2-15.The rental was completely prepaid with ******. I am 25 years old and travelling for business. Being just 25 this was my first rental experience. When I went to pick up my vehicle I was asked for my credit card. I figured this was just to verify the credit card I used on ******.I verbally declined all of the coverage. Then signed an electronic signature pad.

Turns out I agreed to 6.99 per day of roadside assistance and a liability waiver totalling 155.96. Everything totaled 148.57. This is in addition to what I paid ******!!!!! I did not want any of these services!! I have *** roadside coverage so of course I don't need that. I already bought ****** rental car coverage, plus I have that coverage through my credit card. I thought my credit card was simply confirming my ****** purchase, especially since I declined all extra services verbally. So I end up paying over $350 for a 4 day rental? Dollar told me that since I signed the electronic pad they will not issue a refund for the 148.57.

I would like optional charges of 148.57 refunded to my credit card.

Dear Mr. *****,

On behalf of Dollar Rent A Car, please accept our sincere apologies for any misunderstanding regarding the optional items in question. We try to disclose all rental details at the commencement of the rental to inform our customer of all charges and to explain the benefit of any protection you may select. A review of your rental contract does indicate the acceptance of LDW and Roadsafe by way of signature acknowledging the charge on several different signature capture screens. Also, full protection of the items was provided for the duration of your rental. In the event of an accident, Dollar Rent A Car would have been fully responsible for any claims or loss. Final review of your rental information confirms all amounts appear to be in order. Based on the available information, we must respectfully decline your request for a refund of the amount in question.

I will also be forwarding a copy of the customers signed rental agreement and screen shots of the signature capture screens for your records.

Case ID: *******

I am aware that I signed an electronic signature pad, however I never saw a total. What I was told verbally was different. Obviously I have no way to prove that, but I believe dollar prays on that naivety. I would not recommend anyone do business with Dollar.

The information regarding your total charges and acceptance of optional items is provided on the signature screen. I apologize for any misunderstanding however our position remains the same.

reputable businesses like ****** , ****** and loads of others provide refunds when a customer makes an accidental purchase it is the norm. I was absolutely deceived into thinking I was confirming an ****** reservation. I hope this stays public as unresolved.

02/18/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I rented a car from dollar rental or at least thats what i thought. I went to pick up a car that had transmission problems and half of a tank. as per the manager the only guy in the front desk. He said they will hold $200 AND i will be charged $115 as well he said the hold had nothing to do with the price and that i would get my $200 put back in my acct. I was immediately charged the $200 and $115 off my card as soon as i signed. when i returned the car i filled it up with gas and was told i get no credit for filing the gas when he gave it to me full LIES. then he said the $200 should be put on your account in 3 days instead i was deducted $200 plus my card was charged $115 and i was only given back $84. Im demanding the $200 held in my account. my pysical receipt my acct and his receipt all say diffrent things. Im not the only person that has complaints about dollar rental in north bergen there are others. I want my refund and for them to be sued for fraudulence and theft! i know my rights and i have all my receipts.
Product_Or_Service: nissan
Order_Number: **************
Account_Number: *******

$200 the amount that was held from my card.

Ms Perez, rented a vehicle from us for 2 days.
Upon pickup her card as per our policy was charged a deposit of $200.00. Once returned the total of her rental $115.08 was deducted from her deposit and a credit of (-$84.92) was issued to her account.

In regards to our vehicle having transmission problems, I was never informed till this email. Vehicle in question is a 2014 Nissan Versa rented prior 96 times with no complaints and 2 times after Ms. Perez with no issues.

I personally along with a shuttle driver drove vehicle for 20 miles and could not find any issues.

In regards to fuel tank being half tank. Our check out sheet shows a full tank. The Nissan Versa does have a display in center of dash board which display's fuel and temperature with same style display. Vehicle operates at 50% of display for temperature, easily mistaken for fuel.

In closing Dollar Rent A Car strives to maintain excellent customer service. Please advise if I can be of any further assistance.

None of that was explained at all. The rude condescending guy in the front did not say that. Its obvious they are never going to own up to the fact their vehicles are not safe or slacked on servicing their vehicles correctly. I rented a vehicle for a purpose and expected to have a safe car instead the vehicle dragged and the transmission WAS the problem. I really wish i could have taken a picture of the gas tank ( and yes i am aware what the fuel looks like on the dash) I have owned my fair share of vehicles. they would blatantly lie and say the gas was full it was not. I would not have asked the crude front desk guy if i get reimbursed for gas if it wasn't filled. "our sheet shows...." means nothing its their business which means they can falsify any type of paper work that goes in and out of that office. I still stand by my claim I am not the only person who has rented a vehicle from the Dollar rent a car in North Bergen, NJ who had problems with service and bank withdraws that were in excess. Their customer service is unsatisfactory and their business is lousy. Moving forward I would not be renting from this location and will advise family and friends to avoid Dollar rent a car in North Bergen.

Dollar Rent A Car has gone above and beyond investigating this claim.

As per our first response and after careful consideration, we are finalizing this case.

Above and beyond to make sure your lies are in order. Your business will only go so far. I am positive this will not be the last time the BBB will hear from Dollar rent a car in North Bergen, NJ.

02/17/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I have not received a refund for an unhonored rental reservation from December 26th. The company states that an issue was refunded January 6th.
On December 26th, 2014 I flew into the Atlanta Airport and went to Dollar Rent a Car to pick up a reservation. I was told they were out of vehicles and that I would be referred to another company. The difference that I would pay at the other rental company would then be reimbursed to me. The amount was for $172.86. I was supposedly issued a refund on January 6th, but have yet to receive the check. I have contacted the company 4 times and have been told repeatedly that the check was delayed due to issues that never aligned with one another (one was that they switched checking companies, another was that the system "was down"). They promised the check within a 14-21 day window, and just under a month later I have still yet to receive the refund. I called them again on February 3rd, and they were not willing to assist me or reissue a check (in the event it was lost in the mail). They simply told me to give it more time. I believe a month is ample time to await a check in the mail. I believe they have yet to actually issue a check and are not willing to ensure I receive a refund.

I simply would like the refund I was promised of $172.86.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in receiving your check. Due to changes with our accounting system there is a delay however you will receive your check soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

This response is the same one I have been receiving from the company. They gave me a 14-21 day window in which I would receive a refund for their mistake and it has now been 34 days. I believe they have no intent of issuing the refund. Supposedly their system is back up nd running but I have yet to see any refund.

Again, due to a system change there was an unexpected delay with our refund checks. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. You will receive your check soon.

And again, I'm telling you I need this refund right away. My money is not to be used as your short-term loan and if I owed your company money, I'm pretty sure I would have received multiple bills in the mail by now. If the system change on your end is resolved, as you have stated numerous times, then it shouldn't take but a few days for a check to be in my mail box. This will be taken care of this week, or I will be seeking legal action. Again, this situation occurred December 26th, and we're coming up on the two month mark. Thank you.

02/02/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Told to buy all the insurance requested of me at the desk at Kahului in Maui,HI and was told that it would cover all eventualities .Not true.
There was a scrape on the car and I was told that my insurance had to cover it.Of course I signed an insurance agreement and it must not have covered this sort of damage. But the woman at the desk who processed my information told me that all damage was covered.I could walk away no matter what happened to the car. There was a huge # of people waiting to be processed so she was under pressure to finish with me.I feel that I was lied to about the insurance and should not have to have my car insurance pay for it.

they should pay for the damage.

We were notified of your recent experience with Dollar Rent A Car in Kahului by the Better Business Bureau of Tulsa. On behalf of Dollar Rent A Car, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
Please be advised the coverage you purchased was Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI). Unfortunately this covers third party damages and does not cover the Dollar vehicle. I apologize for any misunderstanding.
Thank you once again for taking the time to notify us of this situation

I was told by the agent that it would cover everything.She coerced me into purchasing this coverage.This is outright fraud.I want them to pay all the costs of the damage and not bill my insurance.I understand that while these predators have them me in their hands,i.e at the counter when we are signing numerous contracts,that they try to add on as many costs as possible.Next time I will record the comments of the agent to prove that she lied to me about the coverage.

I think there should be a class action lawsuit.BTW my dealings with Dollar are among the worst with any car rental agencies.

I apologize for any misunderstanding. Unfortunately we are unable to substantiate a verbal conversation and must rely on the signed rental agreement.

10/23/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This vehicle quit/stopped/failed 1 mile from the airport when we were returning there on 9/1/2013--to catch a flight back to Denver. We spoke with an emergency roadside assistant from Dollar twice when it happened--and we have record of those phone calls. She said they would send a cab to get us to the airport to catch our flight and a tow truck to pick up the vehicle. And she indicated that everything was taken care of.When neither the cab nor the tow truck showed up after 45 minutes--we called for our own ride left the vehicle off to the side of the road with hazard lights on and the keys safely in it. We called Dollar again to let them know about the situation. There are charges on the invoice they sent us for a tow truck, impound fees, additional time for the vehicle rental while it was dead along side the road. This is outrageous. As we understand it, these are charges that we may be liable for: State Tax $15.18, Add'l Driver $77.00, Vehicle License Fee $10.44, Rental Tax $19.20, Apconrecfee $20.22, Customer Facility Charge $6.50, Less the cab ride we paid for -$20.00, Total $120.54, Dollar seems to think we owe them some $572 for this fiasco and have placed charges in that amount against our credit card. This is laughable. We contacted Dollar in writing right after this happened and have heard no response. Best,***************

Remove the charges from our account in the amount of $572.54 less $120.54. We will pay for the days we used the vehicle--less the emergency cab ride we needed to get to the airport the last mile.

Dear Mr. *****,

We were notified of your recent experience with Dollar Rent A Car in Minneapolis by the Better Business Bureau of Tulsa. On behalf of Dollar Rent A Car, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

We note your previous contact to our tour customer service department, where a refund of the tow charge was provided and an email of apology sent on October 16th as included below. Thank you again for reaching out to us and for renting with Dollar.

Kathleen Hope
Executive Liaison

Case ID: 2074470

From: Tour CustomerService
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:54 PM
To: '******************'
Subject: Complaints / Difficulties // Case # 2074470

Hello,

Thank you for your patience with your query. As a gesture of service, I have issued a credit back for the towing fees for a total of $318.61. Please allow 5-7 business days for this to appear on your next billing statement.

Best Regards,

FastLane ID: *******
Confirmation Number:
Rental Agreement: ********
Return Location:
Comments: The rental vehicle in the invoice below quit/stopped/failed 1 mile from the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport when we were returning there on 9/1/2013--to catch a flight back to Denver. We spoke with an emergency roadside assistant from Dollar twice when it happened--and we have record of those phone calls. She said they would send a cab to get us to the airport to catch our flight and a tow truck to pick up the vehicle. And she indicated that everything was taken care of.

----------------------------------------------
Less the cab ride we paid for -$20.00
-----------------------------------------------
Total $161.54
-----------------------------------------------

You seem to think we owe you some $572 for this fiasco--this is laughable.

Best,
*** & *** *****
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The car rental was fully paid for in advance. We only needed to pay for the additional driver $11/day for 8 days, taxes and the airport usage fees.

Those charges came to $120.54

We subtracted the $20 paid to a hotel shuttle that stopped on the busy highway to give us an emergency lift to the airport. Because we were left stranded and hanging by Dollar.

Dollar charged us $572 on our credit card--on top of the prepaid rental charges that were paid. That is a difference of $452--not $318.

This is not resolved.