BBB Accredited Business since 01/14/2002

Jim Glover Chevrolet

18 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 7 closed in last 12 months

02/13/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

We were sold a vehicle that had been a rental and had been wrecked. We were told that it was a fresh trade in that had never been wrecked.
On June 14th, 2014 we went to Jim Glover Chevrolet and traded in our 2012 Tahoe on a 2013 Cadillac SRX. We were told the SRX was a fresh trade in. We also asked if it had ever been wrecked and were told that no it hadn't. We worked out to buy the SRX for $36,000 and trade in our Tahoe that we owed $39,000 on for $36,000 causing us to carry over $3,000 and making our financed amount $39,000. We went home to talk about it and then texted our salesman to let him know we wanted to go through with the deal. When we arrived back at the dealership we were told that they had changed the numbers some so that our tax would be cheaper, but that the financed amount would stay the same. New numbers were the SRX was now $29,000 and they gave us $29,000 for our Tahoe. Financed amount was still $39,000 with us carrying over $10,000. We decided to go ahead and go through with the deal after we were told that it was just numbers on paper. Amounts were really still the same.

Within a month of purchase we started having problems with the SRX and new problems have occured up until today. Bad tire, parking sensors not working, electronics not working all of the time, blind spot sensors not working correctly, heated seats not working, and windsheild washer fluid shooting out inside of the dash and onto the driver's feet. After getting completely fed up with issues and something just not feeling right we pulled a CarFax only to find out that the car had been a rental in Florida, had been wrecked outside of Orlando, and sold at auction to Jim Glover Chevrolet. This was supposed to be a fresh trade in that had never been wrecked.

We went to Jim Glover Chevrolet on January 14, 2015 to talk to them about everything. After 2 hours we were told that it was our fault that we didn't specifically ask for a CarFax even though we asked if had been wrecked, that you cannot trust their salesmen, and that we carried over too much when we bought it so they couldn't help us now. When we complained that we were told it was a fresh trade in that had not been wrecked and that they had told us they were changing the numbers to help us out on taxes we were told that we didn't have anything in writing so they couldn't help us.

I would want Jim Glover Chevrolet to take the SRX back and give us at least the $36,000 we were told we were buying the SRX for, if not the payoff amount, towards a new vehicle.

We provide Carfax for any customer that asks. Our website has car fax on every vehicle on the lot for anyone that wants to see it. A sales consultant can not just look at a vehicle to see if it has had prior body damage or been wrecked. When we do pull a Carfax on the SRX it did indeed show rear impact with another vehicle on June 2013 in Florida. Says vehicle functional, airbags did not deploy (sounds as if they may have backed into another vehicle). SRX was sold through a certified retail auction in Georgia in 2014. it was not a salvaged or insurance loss auction. June 2014 we purchased the SRX which the title showed "clean". We ran through our pre-delivery inspection. Which all checked out, so we put on our lot for sale. For the past 2 vehicles, M/M ******** had been rolling over negative equity in their vehicles. The Tahoe that they were wanting to trade in, They had financed approx. $3k in accessories, and it was on a 84mo note. They were $10k upside down on the Tahoe and they wanted to purchase the SRX with zero money down and also on a 84mo note. . Once again with zero dollars down. As far as service issues, M/M ******** has only paid out for 1 tire replacement in July 2014. During that visit JGC bought and programmed them a keyless remote. One oil change in September 2014 has been paid for. In December 2014, there was a recall done. They had informed of us of a sensor not working correctly, which we replaced. They also had another oil change and reprogrammed their remotes to lock/unlock vehicle. All at zero charge to customer. January 2015 M/M ******** came in to trade in the SRX on a 2015 Equinox. We were unable to trade due to negative equity and having zero dollars down. We never intend to mislead any consumer if that is the way they feel. We strive on maintaining customer satisfaction. So what we would be willing to do for them is offer them the purchase price of the SRX which is $29503 even though the market value on the vehicle is only worth $23100. As far as the negative equity they carried in, M/M ******** would be responsible to satisfy that part of the debt. I have attached a copy of the Manheim Market Report of the SRX to show the current value of the SRX.

This response is very unsatisfactory. Asking if the SRX had been wrecked is basically asking for a CarFax. By your salesman telling is it had not been wrecked, one could only assume that he had looked into the history of the vehicle. We were also lied to when we were told it was a "fresh" trade in instead of what it really was, a rental that was sold at auction. Also, the first remote that was "replaced" was the second remote for the car which we were promised when it was sold to us becuase they couldn't find the second one. The sensor was known about when the SRX was purchased and we were told to bring it back in when we had a chance to get it fixed. This as well as the subsequent remotes that were replaced were all covered under the manufacturer's warranty. It's not like Jim Glover Chevrolet went out of their way to help us out on any of these. When the SRX was purchased we were supposed to be rolling over $3000 in negative equity with a purchase price of 36K and a trade in of 36K. Apparently being "helped out" by changing the numbers so that our taxes would be cheaper was only another way to screw us over in the end. Also, the accident report states that the SRX was hit in the rear end on a highway outside of Orlando, FL. It also states the vehicle was damaged, but was able to drive away. Doesn't sound like backing into something to me. The salesmen and general manager at JGC need to stop lying and saying whatever necessary to make a deal and then cover the tails. The only way I will ever be satisifed and would ever even think of buying another vehicle from JGC or recommending them to anyone else would be for JGC to give us the $36k we were supposedly purchasing the SRX for in the first place towards the purchase of a new vehicle. It is not right to lie to your customer and then treat them like they are the ones who screwed up when you get caught.

09/22/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

My sister was trying to trade in a car and has been told numerous times that they would work with her, and now they won't.
My sister purchased a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu back in 2012 (I co-signed), and now we are being told the transmission needs to be replaced. She contacted the Jim Glover Chevrolet (where we had purchased the Malibu) and they told her there would be no problem and she could use it as a trade in. After trying to find a ride and traveling 50 miles from her home at the assumption of being able to get a different vehicle, she is now being told that she cannot because she "did not purchase a warranty". They should have told her this from the start instead of waiting until she drove all the way to the dealer and then finding out it was a wasted trip.

I would like the dealer to replace the transmission on the vehicle for free. Including all towing charges.

Customer purchased car 2yrs ago with 81k miles. they did not purchase extended warranty. with a payoff on the vehicle it is not worth as much since it does not run. June 2013 is only time car has been in our service dept. That was for an oil change and had 91k miles. It is not our common practice to repair vehicles for free. Therefore we feel their request is not practical.

Their response has nothing to do with the complaint. I am complaining about their sales techniques, how they tell someone that everything will be fine and just need to come in and sign papers, then AFTER driving 50 miles they change the story and say there's nothing that can be done because there was no warranty .... WHY DIDN'T THEY SAY THAT, BEFORE DRIVING 50 MILES?!?

We had the best intentions to try and see if there was a possibility we would be able to trade the customer out of their current situation and into a different vehicle. unfortunately we weren't successful and weren't able to get anything to work for them. We understand the customer is disappointed to have to drive 50 miles, so we would like to offer a $100 gas card for their time and their expense.

Have not responded with a $100 gas card as they said they would.
Upon a previous complaint, they promised to send a $100 gas card. They have not responded at all. The initial complaint is that they could have mentioned on the phone that they could not help instead of having to drive 100 miles (50 miles each way) to find out that they could not help - even though they PROMISED on the phone that they would be able to help.

Desired Resolution:
$10000 refund for the faulty transmission in the 2010 Chevy Malibu that is CLEARLY DOCUMENTED as a problem in every online forum and even at the GM web site.

We have sent the customer a $200 **** gift card.

08/04/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Truck is a lemon.
Test drove 2010 Dodge Ram Truck 7-5-14. The truck seemed at the time to be in good condition, no red flags no lights on dash etc. So we decided to purchase so signed papers 7-5 around 6p the truck was left there to get detailed and for pick up 7-6-14 around 6p. When my wife picked up the truck and was driving out of the dealership and light came on the dash Tire pressure, Traction, ESP-BAS so I turned right round went and got the salesperson that was helping us and he was no help he told me to go to shell and put some air in the tire and see if that helps but all service is gone and to bring it back. So the truck was dropped off at dealership Thursday at 9a and received a call at 6:15 p on 11th from **** stating they have been too busy and not able to look at it and he would get back to us Tuesday when he got back. So many calls back and forth talking them they're stating it had bad sensors they had to order them, then another call another day says they ordered the one for ESP/BAS and it would cost us $256.00 and we bought it "As -Is so it is our problem to fix tire pressure problem that they didn't have the right equipment to find out about tire they would have to take to dodge well he did and called back again now saying we owe more said all the light for tires came on while it was being done that dodge told him there is an electrical short somewhere. Now there calling us today saying they will take care of one sensor but if all four are bad they would pick up 2 and we would have to pay another 200.00 on top of the $256.00 for a truck we never even got out of parking lot before it was reported. we have asked Mr. Glover to call us and to date he has not called us. It is so odd no problems at test drive but problem as soon as put in gear and started to drive off lot. Sales Rep ******* *******, paid cash $13,789.00. We fully trusted purchasing through them being a well known dealership now they have proven cannot be trusted. I expected a trustworthy purchase from them.

We want a refund but will look at different vehicle as long as they don't sell us a lemon as they did with this truck. These people are dishonest: I would not expect this out of them.

Called customer. told him we would refund him 100% of his vehicle purchase. ****** said that was awesome.

06/09/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

SUBSTANDARD REPAIRS/SERVICE-PRICE GOUGING-INFLATED LABOR COSTS-CUSTOMER SERVICE SEVERELY LACKING
My recent customer experience with Jim Glover service department has been nothing short of disappointing. Having been previously advised by ********* that I had a front differential leak, I brought my 99 Tahoe in to Jim Glover Chevrolet March 16th for an oil change and an inspection for leaks. The service advisor, *********** later calls to inform me of multiple problems that need repair i.e., diff. leaks, oil pan gasket, power steering leak, ect. Admittedly, I was a little deflated, feeling overcharged & price gouged but not a problem, I let them make the recommended repairs totaling $1397.00. I have returned and left this truck with the service department three different times regarding the same issues and no success. My truck has NEVER stopped leaking even after these costly repairs. The second time I was told that the problem was residual oil from their initial repair that had collected in the 'subframe' and after cleaning and washing the underbelly thoroughly, this would resolve the problem. Took the truck in Tuesday, April 29th for the THIRD time because it has continued to leak. Called May 1st @ 6:45 pm to check on the status...I'm put on hold & no one returns to the phone. Today I'm informed that the front cover gasket is leaking and this requires an addition $640.00. This truly does not seem ethical. I honestly have lost all confidence in your establishment. I love Chevrolet automobiles, owned 4, purchased 2 new from JG but this experience made me a very unsatisfied customer!

Having lost all confidence in Jim Glover Chevrolet Service Department and the fact that the vehicle has never been adequately repaired, I would prefer a refund.

I contacted the customer and informed her that she had a 180k car. We told the customer we would fix her car at no charge since she was such a loyal and faithful customer. Customer was happy and satisfied.

Jim Glover Chevrolet (Tulsa) response is inaccurate and misleading. The truck does not have 180k. To date, I have paid 1397.00 for repairs i.e., leaks. The truck has 175k. Additionally, less than 500 miles have been put on the truck since JG service department did the initial repairs and it continues to leak (4 visits later). I have been a loyal customer, however I have lost complete faith and confidence in this establishment. Extremely disappointed!! I still maintain this is unethical.
Additional information received from consumer:

Received a call back from Jim Glover Chevrolet service department May 23, 2014. Service manager offered to once again 'take another look' at my truck at no cost to me. After some consideration, 4 previous visits and a complete lost of trust and confidence, I've opted not to return to JG Chevrolet. I have conceded to these facts and do not wish to do any further business with this dealer. It is my belief that they either can not or will not adequately repair my truck.

Spoke with Mr.*********** on Monday, 6.02.14 . Returned my vehicle to the service department on 06.03.14 for another look. Met with Mr. ****** and Mr. ***** Glover. Both have been very accommodating to this point and are working to help me resolve my complaint.

06.05.14 Picked up my vehicle. Truck has been repaired, no additional cost. I am satisfied.

05/05/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

failure to return repeated phone calls
purchased used truck with 1 key.promised tto search for second key

courtesy phone call and key

We called *****. Talked to her yesterday. We told her we would get her a new key. Offered to pick up truck for convenience purposes. Said no need. She would arrange for truck to be brought to us. We are cutting Ms. ******* a key, also giving her a key fob and a tank of gas.

07/17/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

One of the sales representatives that we had worked with stated that after having our vehicle for one year he would assist in refinancing the vehicle.
A sales representative by the name of ************ sold me a new truck on April 18, 2013. At the time the truck was purchased he informed me that after having the vehicle for a year I could come to him and he would assist me in getting the vehicle refinanced. I called him initially on 05/06/14 as well as from 05/07-05/09 and he stated that all I had to do was go to the dealership and fill out a form to assist him in getting all the information needed to get the truck refinanced. So, my fiancee and I took time on 05/10/14 to go up to the dealership and fill out a form that included all my personal information including ssn, bank information, and references. He informed us that he would get it done as soon as possible. I waited and waited for a callback about the process and did not hear from him. I contacted him on May 15th, 17th and 22nd, which was almost 2 weeks since the form requested was filled out, and he stated that he was still working on it and would be in touch. I continued to wait for him to contact me and I did contact him as well and he continued to say he was working on it or he would not return my calls to give me any updates on the refinancing process. I became very impatient with him breaking all these promises with assisting me, so I contacted Jim Glovers office in Tulsa on 05/30 @ 3:59 pm and requested to speak with a manager or someone higher up and they advised me I would receive a callback and once again another broken promise because no one called me back! I then went to get my truck serviced on May 30th, after I had called to speak with a supervisor and was highly upset because no one called me back. I spoke with a sales representative by the name of **********t and another sales representative who both stated that they could not assist with refinancing and basically told me that ***** had lied to me and that I had to do the process on my own! ***** then came to me after they called him over and he once again told me that he would assist me with this and to go over to his office. My fiancee and I went to his office and he said that he still had my information and was waiting for a lady from **** to assist him and would not be able to do so until the following Monday which was Monday June 2, 2014, which means that we had then been working on this for nearly a month! Today it is Wednesday June 25th and we still have yet to hear back from ***** with any information regarding this process and as far as we know he still has all my personal information and took all this time and caused all this frustration and did not accomplish anything that was promised! My fiancee and I have both purchased new vehicles from this location and have spoke very highly of this location to people we know, but due to this issue it is hard to even want to go back in the future!

I would like to see him follow thru on his promise in an expedited manner.

Contacted customer. He said was unemployed. starting job in 1 month. Also moved out of state which will affect the banks that we can use. told customer to call back in 6mo to see about trade in or will see if we can send him to a bank that can help. needs at least 6mo of employment.

No because it is a promised left unfulfilled. I was promised that my payments would be lowered, and I did what I was asked to do. It is broken promise after broken promise. I don't believe that in 6 mos. that my payments will be lowered. I just don't believe that the people at Jim Glover's Chevrolet are honest in dealing with their customers. It is not fair that I contacted ***** and he kept procrastinating as opposed to resolving the issue in a timely manner. Now, **** is making promises that I just don't believe he will keep.

03/04/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

well i bought a used suv from jim glover june 6,2012 and the car has had issue after issues of being fixed i have not drove the car for a full month.
June 6 2012 bought a car from jim glover. the following day the breaks were making a loud sound. so i called and they said they could not get me in for a week so i waited and took my car in they gave me a loaner car to drive while my car was getting fixed. So i got my car back breaks still was doing the same thing so i had to call them back and once again they gave me a loaner car and they said the put break pads on my car. And again had to take my car back in to get the breaks fixed again they stated they put ford breaks on and and changed pads and rotates on the car so after 3 times within the first 1-2 months my car i didnt get to drive nothing but the loaner car bc it stayed at the shop. then the ac went out they had to order the part i was again without my car for about a month. i picked it up and drove to work only to find out the ac still was not working after i had to pay the 100 ded. on it i was to upset so they came to get my car and bring me another loaner car and brought me the car on empty so i called jim glover service and told them so they sent the people back over to put gas in the car and once again i was weeks without my car again. and once i got it back it went out for the 3 time and then it started pulling back and not driving right so they said it needed a update by for and had to send it to the ford dealer and yes once again i was again without a car. and then my car started to make the noise when you start it up and its running it would make the clicking sound that was dec 19 2012 i took it in for the last thing and it is now jan 25 2013 and i have been over a month without my car and no one from jim glover have called to tell me any about what is going on about my car.

i want my down payment back and at least of what i have paid into this car bc i asked if they would buy the car back and the gm of jim glover said they dont buy back cars. so i just want my down payment back and half if not all my money i have put into a car that i have not even gotten to drive i have been making payments only to drive a loaner car. not what i thought i would be getting from the number car dealer in oklahoma. thought that jim glover stood behind they cars and they dont all lies.

We have had Ms.***** car since end of December 2012. She brought it in due to a "growling noise" when she accelerates. We replaced the belt tensioner. Could not find any problems with the motor. But could still hear the noise. We then sent over to Joe Cooper had it for 2 wk. Their reply was they couldn't find anything either. We sent over to Bill Knight for a 2nd opinion, who had it for 1 wk. their results came back as vehicle running normal and it was running fine. Invoices from Joe Cooper and Bill Knight will be paid for by Jim Glover. So no out of pocket expense will be paid for by Ms. ***** from the 2 Ford dealerships. I have attached the invoice from Bill Knight.

Because the car has been at the shop more then i have had it so i have been paying for a loaner car since the day i got the car. Its one thing after another with the car i got from them

10/07/2013Problems with Product / Service
03/29/2013Problems with Product / Service

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Truck Repair & Service, Truck Dealers, Auto Repair & Service, Auto & Truck Brokers, Auto Body Repair & Painting, Auto Body Shop Equipment & Sup, Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Auto Customizing