Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Director of Finance
General Office Hours: Monday – Friday: 8am – 4:30pm
But hours will vary due to part-time status
Part – time, Non-Exempt
Our Finance Assistant is responsible for ethically, effectively and professionally providing account information to businesses utilizing the BBB’s database system. The main responsibility for this position will be a strong emphasis in collection of dues and other non-dues revenue.
• Contact businesses regarding overdue accounts in a professional, respectful and positive communication style.
• Maintain constant contact with the Sales/Marketing/Operation departments regarding accounts that are in question.
• Respond to email and voicemail inquiries in a timely fashion.
• Analyze collection strategy to maximize dollars collected.
• Create, maintain and be prepared to discuss weekly the accounts posted to the monthly “drop list”.
• Create and send out monthly “drop letters”.
• Generate monthly billing.
• Address concerns regarding accounts.
• Accurately document all activity regarding accounts into the database system.
• Maintain aging up to date and be prepared to discuss weekly.
• Other duties/projects/assignments may be assigned.
• Perform data entry and ensure quality control
• Accurately and professionally perform other office and/or BBB member support functions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
• Highly proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to handle sensitive information/documentation with confidentiality.
• Have a team-player mentality.
• Comfortable with out-of-the-box thinking, idea generation and implementation of new ideas.
• Spanish speaking is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of 2- years finance experience
• Required successful collection experience
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
BBB’s work environment is that of a typical office, and the characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may expect to encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. This section is not an all-encompassing, but rather what one might come to expect on a regular basis.
With reasonable accommodation, this position requires the manual dexterity to sufficiently operate phones, computers, and other office equipment. This person must be able to clearly and accurately communicate to convey information using the English language, both verbally and in writing. The ability to hear and comprehend dialogue spoken at appropriate “dinner-table conversation” levels, and visual acuity capable of drafting, editing, reviewing, and/or comprehending materials drafted in a standard typeface size 10 font or above, are required. Must be capable of sitting and standing for extended periods of time, as well as be able to intermittently push, pull, or lift 20+lbs. of force.
ccasional exposure to adverse working conditions, including the performance of work in cramped and/or awkward positions, and exposure to safety hazards, loud noise, traffic, and inclement weather conditions is possible.
• Willingness to adhere to BBB Standards of Trust and Core Values, and contribute at a high-level to the organization’s Vision, Mission, and Goals.
• Develop ways to save time, reduce waste, and save money in the execution of the mission.
• Alert all stakeholders well in advance if deadlines cannot be met.
• Close the loop – follow up and provide closure to all requests and projects.
• Respect and honor people, positions and processes.
• Take initiative to solve problems independently – if and when problems need to be escalated, prepare options for solution.
• Communicate – Communicate – Communicate!
**IF INTERESTED,PLEASE SEE THE HR DIRECTOR TO APPLY**
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
POSITION CLOSES 4pm 4/29