BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 06/01/1999
Valley Oasis Pools & Spas Construction Co., Inc.
Phone: (520) 293-5818Fax: (520) 293-5901
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Billing / Collection Issues||1|
|Problems with Product / Service||5|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||6|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|10/04/2013||Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Failure to correct billing errors
Complaint: RE: Invoice XXXXXXThe Invoice XXXXXX for a service call to diagnose heater issues is incorrect. I do not owe these charges. Here is the history of this transaction.On July the 19th, I called Valley Oasis Service to inquire on the cost of replacing a spa heater. I talked with customer service person that answered the phone and I talked with the technician, ***** I explained specifically that I did not need the problem diagnosed because that had already been done. What I needed is to compare prices for replacement purchase and installation of a Pentair 400 BTU heater. **** told me he would have to come out and see the job. I then asked if it would be a free estimate and he said yes. He then transferred me back to the customer service person. I scheduled for the 1st appointment on the next Monday, July the 22nd and asked when the technician started. She said 7 am. On Monday at 9 am no one had shown for the estimate so I called the office. She said the technician was just getting started and he would come over. He did show up but said he was in a very big rush and just stayed a few minutes to quickly look at the set-up. There was not any diagnosis performed. He said he would get back to me on a price. During the dates from July 24th to July the 30th, I called Valley Oasis Service 2 times inquiring about the promised bid and was told by the customer service representatives that someone would get back to me. They never did. I finally gave up and went with another service provider that did give me a bid. To this date, I have never received a bid from Valley Oasis Service. In addition, even if there was a misunderstanding on diagnosing the heater, I have never received a diagnosis. I am not paying for nor do I owe for services never ordered or rendered. ***** *** ********* Better Business Bureau
Initial Business Response
Complaint Resolution: Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
|05/28/2013||Problems with Product / Service|
|10/11/2012||Problems with Product / Service|
|07/05/2012||Problems with Product / Service|
|12/22/2011||Problems with Product / Service|
|01/04/2012||Problems with Product / Service|
Swimming Pool Contractors, Dealers, Design, Spas & Hot Tubs-Service & Repair, Spas & Hot Tubs - Dealers, Swimming Pool Equipment & Supplies, Swimming Pools-Private, Landscape Contractors, Swimming Pool Service & Repair
3321 N Freeway Rd
Tucson, AZ 85705-5015(800) 987-1181
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Southern Arizona. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Valley Oasis Pools & Spas Construction Co., Inc. is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
Additional Phone Numbers
- (800) 987-1181
- (520) 603-1644
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Industry Tips for Swimming Pool Contractors, Dealers, DesignIn-Ground Swimming Pools Can Be a Major Investment
What is BBB Advertising Review?
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.