In Southern Arizona

Freedom RV, Inc.

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

09/06/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior repair

Complaint: Paid for Annual Maintenance Package and Tanks Systems Flush. Dealer had RV for 3 mos and returned it with original issues plus 4 new problems.
The dealer had our RV from 6-5-13 until 8-30-13. I paid $580.00 for an Annual Maintenance Package and Tanks Systems Flush. When I dropped it off, I notified the dealer that I was having issues with the toilet and the generator. I also made them aware that I needed an oil change and an annual check-up. In regards to the restrooms, the sewage gasses were being pulled into the RV, setting off the propane alarm, as opposed to being flushed out. Further, the generator would stop working as I drove down the road, ceasing all air conditioning in the RV. I was very specific in explaining these issues to the dealer in order to ensure that all repairs would be completed correctly and efficiently. I was never contacted by Freedom regarding the repair status of my RV, every single call was from us to them. Nevertheless, when I consulted the dealer regarding the status of these specific repairs, they informed me that my complaints were unfounded because they "couldn't recreate it." However, these problems are still occurring with the addition of multiple new issues. 1) The toilet simply does not work. It is consistently overflowing because the dealer did not empty the tanks despite the fact that it passed the systems check. 2) The dealer attempted to recreate the problem with the generator by leaving it running for two days although I had notified them that the generator stops working when we drive down the road, not when the RV is stationary. Because they did not compete the repairs I had specified, the problem still exists as evidenced by the fact that it stopped working after driving for 12 miles. 3) Upon return, the water tank was full of potable water which smelled like bacteria. I was forced to flush out my own tanks with bleach in order to prevent contaminated water from infecting our drinking water. 4) I was greeted by blue cleaner all over the toilets and walls in both restrooms as well as on the carpet, trailing from the door to each of the restrooms. 5) It was discovered that the air conditioning is leaking from the ceiling, causing an endless flow of water from dripping onto the kitchen floor. 6) Finally, the biggest concern is that the lock mechanism for the slideout is not working. It is clear that the dealer was aware of this fact because it was left unlocked upon return. None of these new or old issues were listed as deficiencies to be corrected, informing me that this business did not complete any work on my RV although I paid of all services.

I'm sorry to hear that your experience with Freedom RV wasn't an enjoyable one. Freedom RV will refund your entire $580.00 bill. In the event that there is anything else that Freedom RV can do in an attempt to "regain your confidence" with us, please don't hesitate to let me (***** A ****** **** know.
Had I been given the chance on the only conversation I had with Mr. ************ to handle his concerns prior to him hanging up on me, then this would have already been handled. The only thing I got was threats and a dial tone.
Again, I'm deeply sorry for any trouble this may have caused Mr. ************.

07/29/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor a contract or agreement

Complaint: Freedom RV has failed to comply with their contract and has sold a vehicle not fit for use.
My wife and I purchased a used 2008 Jayco model 1206 from ******* ******** on 6/20/13. At the time we purchased the trailer, ******* had opened it but the battery was not connected, there was no power to it and so we were unable to verify working conditions of most items in the trailer. There were also two large rips in the tent material near the slide out. ******* informed us that they would fix the tent and after signing the contract purchasing the item for $7956.44 through financing we left the trailer there for the repair. The repair was complete on 6/27/13 and we brought the trailer home. Immediately it was discovered that the water heater was blown and the grey water holding tank was broken. We called Freedom RV and spoke with ******** She informed us she would have to speak with the owner and that he would not be back until 7/1/13. On 7/3/13 after not hearing from anyone we delivered the trailer back to the dealership for them to inspect and repair. We received a phone call on 7/10/13 informing us that they would be charging for the repair of the water heater in the amount of $350.00. A review of our contract clearly states that, "FOR USED VEHICLES ONLY. The Seller hereby warrants that this vehicle will be fit for the ordinary purposes for which the vehicle is used for for 15 days or 500 miles after delivery, whichever is earlier, except with regard to particular defects disclosed on the first page of this agreement. You (the purchaser) will have to pay up to $25.00 for each of the first two repairs if the warranty is violated." We had the trailer for 24 hours before notifying them of the problem and they refuse to fix this citing that they did not charge us for a PDI. Our signed purchase agreement does not have Sold "AS IS" checked off and we believe that they should abide by the contract and make the vehicle fit for it's intended use.

On behalf of Freedom RV I (***** A ****** *** have responded twice to Mr. and Mrs. ***** via email. On the 1st response I addressed some of their "issues/complaints" but ended clearly with: "That being said,if there is anything else that I can do in an attempt to try and make you pleased with your choice of Freedom RV, please do not hesitate to contact me from here on out." The next email I received (the 1st actually addressed to me) Mrs. ***** continued to vent her frustration rather than informing me of what I could do to make it right. It was on that reply (my second reply) I stated only: "If there's anything else Freedom RV can do in an attempt to satisfy you, please let me know."

This morning I simultanesly received a lengthy response from Mr. ***** and this complaint via my email. I immediately replied to Mr. *****'s email and then immediately filed a response to there case.

In my latest email response I offered the following statement: " Freedom RV did not "go thru" the unit you purchased prior to sale. The only reason Freedom RV didn't formally offer you a PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) was based on the only approval we could secure didn't allow for any additions. Hind sight being 20/20, I would have offered you the PDI free of charge. Should you decide that you would like for Freedom RV to perform a full PDI on your unit for free of charge to include any/all necessary repairs noted thus far, then please let me know ASAP and consider it "DONE". Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck and again apologize for the unpleasant experience you had with Freedom RV."

At this time I would like to spare all parties involved in Freedom RV's take on what occurred from the beginning to the end of Mr. and Mrs. *****'s purchase with us. For fear that it will only be received as "excuses" rather than a different account of events.

I hope that Mr. and Mrs. ***** will allow for Freedom RV to resolve there issues with this purchase.

Respectfully,