BBB Accredited Business since 12/13/2004

National Auto Collision Centers, LLC

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

03/28/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

During repair of vehicle, company damaged steering wheel, leaving it rough and dirty. Refused to fix it.
Car needed repair to back bumper and new paint job. It was dropped off on 2/11/16 and picked up on 2/20. Both front floor mats were filthy with greasy footprints and the steering wheel was damaged - left side looked abraded and feels rough and greasy dirty. Company cleaned the floor mats but refused to do anything about the steering wheel. They stated that it was worn from normal use. However, the right side looks and feels smooth and clean. I believe the mechanic used a grimy (possibly paint-stained) hand on the left side of the steering wheel when he moved the car and, in cleaning up, perhaps rubbed a cleaner too vigorously, thus damaging the left side of the steering wheel.

Unless they can repair the damage, I would like them to replace the steering wheel. I maintain my car and the rough grimy-feel of the steering wheel makes for uncomfortable and possibly unsafe driving.

After inspecting the steering wheel and floor mats and speaking with the technician who worked on the vehicle, we concluded the customer's concerns were due to normal wear and tear and not any damage that occurred during the repair process. However, to be as fair as possible to the customer, we contacted the customer's insurance company, State Farm, and asked the claims adjuster to inspect the vehicle and agreed to abide by his determination. State Farm determined that the damage being claimed by their insured (Mr. *********) was normal wear and tear and not the result of any damage done while in the shop. State Farm discussed their findings with Mr. *********. A copy of the correspondence we received from State Farm confirming this is attached. We did indeed clean the floor mats as a courtesy to the customer but as you can see from the attached photos, the floor mats were dirty and stained equally to the carpet underneath the floor mats. We are sorry that Mr. ********* feels that the normal wear and tear damage to his steering wheel creates an uncomfortable and possibly unsafe driving environment but as we maintain and as was determined by State Farm, the damage did not occur while his vehicle was in our shop for repairs to the bumper.

I do not accept their response.The steering wheel did not have this wear when I took it to National Auto Collision Centers, LLC. The Damage to the steering wheel may look like wear, but it is not a smooth wear. It is rough, also I believe the right hand side of the steering wheel would show the same wear or more, because the two of us who drive this vehicle are both right handed. Also we have another Ford vehicle that is 9 years older and shows no sign of wear as bad as this.

I still feel that the damage to the left side of the steering wheel was caused by excessive use of a cleaning agent to perhaps remove grease or paint.

We are sorry the customer remains dissatisfied however we maintain we did not damage his steering wheel while the car was in our shop and his own insurance company inspected the steering wheel and determined it was normal wear and tear and not the fault of our company. (Please see previous attachment from State Farm).

09/08/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My car was taken to National Collision Center for a repair and they permanently damaged my vehicle.
In April of 2014 my car was taken in for repair of a damaged left front fender. Upon return of the vehicle they explained that they had to remove the inside driver's door panel for part of the repair. As I drove away I realized the window switches in the door panel no longer worked so I turned around and took the car right back. They told me I just didn't know how to operate the switches. Funny, I knew how when I took the car in. I drove away and found another problem with the window switches and took the car back AGAIN. This time they blamed it on the car's age and that it must sit in the sun a lot. Ridiculous! My window were working perfectly fine before they removed the driver's door panel. Yet they kept blaming it on me and on the car.
shortly after that return visit the window switches actually fell into the inside of the door. I am FURIOUS!!! Since this "repair" shop was recommended by Progressive, I called them and I now have to take it somewhere entirely different to get it fixed RIGHT!
National Collision Center performs inferior work and has some of the worst customer service policies wherein they blame their failures on the customer and/or his possessions.

At a minimum a call from the business owner and a full apology for the employees of this establishment blaming me for their failure to deliver competent services.

Reimbursement for additional expenses incurred as a result of National Collision Center damaging my vehicle and refusing to accept responsibility.

The owner of National Auto Collision Centers contacted Mr. ***** and addressed his concerns immediately and we have resolved the issues to his satisfaction. We appreciate this being brought to our attention as Customer Satisfaction is our top priority and we have educated our employees to ensure that this will not happen again.

01/09/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

On 10-16-2010, I brought my vehicle to the above vendor to obtain an estimate to have the body repaired. I had previously obtained 2 estimates from other vendors; but, decided to go to National Auto, because this shop was recomended by the adjuster from Allstate Insurance. The total amount for the repair that I required was $120.00;(2.5 hrs.labor @$45.00) very much in line with the other estimates. The repair was scheduled for the following day.I had purchased the parts required, at an auto salvage bsnss.The following day I called the salvage shop at 8 A.M. and was told that the parts would not be available until after 9:30 A.M. I arraived at National Collision at 9:38 A.M., and was told that, **** one of the workers, would take me to the salvage bsnss. to pick up the parts. **** had to unload his vehicle before we were able to proceed. We arrived at the salvage a little after 10 A.M.(Video and document verification available)We arrived at National Auto at 10:47, we were a bit delayed because **** had to stop to fuel his vehicle at a circle K. I took the bus to go home. At 13:32P.M.(phone log available) I received a call on my cell phone that the repairs were complete; then, at 2:30 I received a call on my land line (phone log available) When I came to the shop to pick up my vehicle, I was told that I owed $216.00 for the repairs. I paid and then I approached the estimator for National, ****, he was sitting at his chair and stated: "you sounded like a girl!" Then he sat back in his chair and gazed at me with a smirk on his face. I immediately knew why I was charged a higher rate than was quoted to me. The repair on my vehicle was done in such haphazard haste that the repaired hatch is very difficult to open or close. I notice that when I am able to open the hatch the entire structure moves to the left(driver side) of the vehicle .170 thousands of an inch. The lock of the hatch is not aligned with the latch. I will now have to take my vehicle to another shop to have this deficiency repaired.

I want them to repair the door the correctly, you can clearly see that its aligned properly.

Until we were contacted by the Better Business Bureau, we were unaware that the customer had a concern with the original repair. The customer's vehicle, 1995 Chevrolet GEO, would have been deemed a total loss by the insurance company. We explained to the customer that if he supplied his own parts from a salvage yard, we could not guarantee proper alignment but we would do our best to attempt the repair. The customer did not have a way to transport the part from the salvage yard to our shop so our technician volunteered his time and gas to drive the customer to the salvage yard to purchase the part. The customer was informed that it would be necessary to remove & replace the left rear lamp assembly and the left rear quarter panel, resulting in additional labor time. The customer was joking with the staff and appeared satisfied with the repair upon delivery of the vehicle.
In order to resolve the customer's concerns, we contacted the customer and had him bring his vehicle to our Grant Road location. An additional adjustment was made to the lift gate and the customer stated he was satisfied.

I have been traveling outside of Arizona on an assignment and did not receive you communication until today.
I did have the vehicle re-repaired at National's Grant Rd. And Silverbell facility. The repair remained in action for 2 days and then the repaired door failed again. I don't think that the repair facility has the technical capability to under take repairs of such magnitude;although, they are very skilled in billing for more time than it took to enact their hurried repairs.

As we stated in our original response to this complaint, the vehicle was deemed a total loss but the customer's insurance company. We informed the customer SEVERAL times that due to the damage and the age of the vehicle, we could NOT guarantee the repair. Further, the customer supplied his own USED parts and he did not want to pay to have them installed correctly. He wanted a temporary fix just to be able to drive the vehicle. Again, the customer was informed, both before he authorized the original repair at the Valencia location, and also when he brought the vehicle back in to our Grant Road location, that there was no way of installing the USED part the customer purchased correctly due to the extent of the damage and the age of the vehicle. The customer declined to spend the money required to properly repair vehicle and wanted a temporary fix to keep the vehicle driveable. Unfortunately, the customer seems to expect a premium repair at no cost to him.

Auto Body Repair & Painting