BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 07/31/2013
Art Van Furniture
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||1|
|Problems with Product / Service||3|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||4|
Complaint Breakdown by ResolutionAbout Complaint Details
|02/12/2014||Problems with Product / Service|
|12/06/2013||Advertising / Sales Issues|
|12/02/2013||Problems with Product / Service|
|03/03/2014||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint: We bought a living room set from them on 12/13/13 and some of it was not in stock therefore delivery was arranged for late December (*at that point they would not honor there ad of if not in be Christmas $500.00 store gift card - False advertisement). Then upon checkout they asked if delivery could be 01/07/2014. We agreed; salesman had said they would call & it would be sooner. Anyway, we did agree on 01/07/14, Ohio had bad weather that week and we figured they would cancel, but they called on Monday, 01/06/14 and confirmed the address and that it would still be delivered as planned, so we moved all our furniture out and an hour before they were set to come a girl called and said "Due to the weather we are unable to deliver", fine we rescheduled for Friday 01/10/14 then she LAUGHED and said "oh that won't work, it'll be a week before we deliver to your area again" - No apology just rudeness. So, we rescheduled delivery again. They did deliver the furniture on 01/14/14 (1 month and 1 day after purchase) BUT they forgot the power supplies for the Power reclining love seat & sofa. The delivery people said service would deliver them that day or the next. We called the store and the service department and no one had any idea where they were. My complaint....1 week after delivery we have yet to get them or find out when & how they will be gotten to us. My husband & myself have called them numerous times and today I called and spoke with the manager "*****" and I requested a return call by closing today - never got a return call or my two power supplies. I would not suggest Art Van to anyone...the customer service skills are horrible!
Initial Business Response
Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.
Furniture - Retail, Bookcases, Furniture - Childrens
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Northwest and West Central Ohio and Southeast Michigan. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Art Van Furniture is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
BBB began including complaint response text in BBB Business Reviews in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan on 7/1/2012, in West Central Ohio on 1/1/2013.
BBB reports the complaint response text for all reportable complaints against a business that are received electronically.
Industry Tips for Furniture - Retail
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.