BBB Accredited Business since 03/16/2011

J Gilbert Purse Funeral Home

11/24/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This funeral home needs to be looked into. The way they conduct business and treat grieving customers.
My ** year old brother passed away August **,2015. The hospital recommended Purse funeral home. They were affordable. Took them over a week to pick him up. We finally received him in about 6weeks. I went down to the city to get death certificate. The clerk couldn't find him in the system. She was kind enough to call. Gary P. told her he wasn't in the system yet. The clerk advised me, that he should of been in the system within 72 hours. After waiting an hour, Gary finally sent it over. I paid for 5 of them. I looked it over and the birthday was wrong. I asked the clerk, who she spoke to? Told me Gary P. I went outside to call him, let him know the issue. He started screaming at me at the top of his lungs. Told me to ** **** myself and a 100 times, don't ever call back and hung up. I was in absolute shock!!! Called back, he answered screaming again!! He sounded like he lost his mind. I called Mrs. P. crying but she didn't seem to care. This is a funeral home, dealing with people who lost loved ones. Bad enough, I lost my brother but to have an experience like this, on top of it, is very heartbreaking. At this point, I don't even feel that we should of had to even pay them. I really hope you look into this funeral home,so this doesn't happen to other people. Thank you for your time ...******* **********

The way I was treated, never in my life has anyone talked to and screamed at me like that, especially a business.

To whom ity may concern: my resolution would be...A refund, total investigation to see how they are conducting business? I'm sure, I'm not the only person this has happened to....I'm on medical leave, had surgery on my hand, last week. I paid for copies, that were useless to me. Needless to say, I still don't have a death certificate. An apology, would be nice, as well. I'm going to tell anyone who will listen, to prevent him bulling people, who are in a devasted state of lossing a loved one...

In response to the individual named ******* **********, whom I have never met, never had any contract with or whom the above named never contracted any services with J. Gilbert Purse Funeral Home. Let me reiterate, ******* ********** never contracted any services with our funeral home. What I do know is that she is nothing but an untruthful liar. It never took us over a week to pick up her brother. Miss ********** abandoned her brother at ******* ******** Hospital in *********, **. Finally, after (9) NINE days following the death of her brother ****** **********, who laid unclaimed at the hospital morgue, I received a call from ******'s step father, *** ******, who said, "I guess I have to take care of this or it will never get done". *** ****** then contracted with our funeral home and gave us permission to pick up ****** ********** on August **, 2015, as indicated on our General Release form which he signed along with a Cremation Authorization form. Furthermore, a funeral home cannot transport from the hospital without permission from a family member. Also, Mr. ****** provided us with the death certificate information and ****** **********'s date of birth of ********* on the death certificate information form, which I have attached a copy of. Around the beginning of October, I received a call from a very rude and belligerent lady screaming at me saying I owe her $30 for ******'s death certificates. She said that the death certificates she purchased from the ********* Clerk had the wrong birth date. I then put her on hold and found the ****** ********** file on got back on the phone and said the the informant, *** ****** provided us with the date of birth of ************, she then screamed at me it is **************. I then asked her if she had any documentation to prove the date of birth like a birth certificate of drivers license. Then she screams at me " Are you ******* kidding me, I just waited in line over an hour for these". I told her that her stepfather, *** ****** would have to authorize the change and provide documentation to the ********* Clerk in order to change the birth date since the certificate was already recorded with the city clerk. Then Miss ********** screams at me "You're a ******* IDIOT, you don't know how to read, its **************." I then ended the conversation and hung up. She immediately call right back screaming on the phone "Nobody ******* hangs up on me" "You ******* owe me $30.00" I hung up the phone. She immediately called back again screaming through the phone "Don't you ******* hang up on me" I then advised her if she called back again I would call the police. Then over the next few days I received threatening emails via our Contact Us page from Miss ********** on how she was going to ruin our business and tell everyone and everybody not to use our funeral home. Later, I emailed the clerk in ********* that the informant on the certificate, *** ******, inadvertently provided *** instead of ***** for the date of birth and that Medical Records at ******** Hospital confirmed the birth month was *****. I received a message in my inbox the the ********* Clerk made the change. In conclusion, since Miss ********** never contracted or paid for any services from our funeral home, yet she wants to lie about us and slander & defame our reputable funeral home, I am asking for a written apology from her for wasting our time with this baseless complaint that does not have one scintilla of truth. Please advise Miss ********** that she should work on her phone manners. If a written apology is not given, I will pursue this matter in a civil court of law because reputable businesses should not be bullied, slandered or lied about by individuals who have not done any business with them. Respectfully, Gary P.

Funeral Homes, Funeral Related Services, Funeral Directors, Cremation Urns, Cremation Services, Caskets, Florist - Funeral Bouquets & Wreaths