City Dry Cleaning

11/14/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I brought in a white and balck dress to be dry cleaned,dress was damanged.I was told I would get a 50.00 refund on ruined dress.I have not gotton it.
In August I took in a black and white dress to be cleaned.The clerk never stated at any time that this was a difficult "cleaning" waited my time ,went to pick up dress ,and was told by another person , that the dress "ran" they showed me the dress ,and asked if I would like them to "try again".I stated yes.waited again .Never recieved a call from anyone as to its status .I finally called and the same person stated they could get me a reduced reimberserment.The dress was around $100.00 ,she stated the most she could do was $50.00 .Then a month went by with no check,that was the first of September.I called and was told someone was "on vacation" who cuts the check and they would look into it.
I called again September 26th to the 1-855 number and was put through to a ***** ,who again said some one was on vacation.Now I just called again October 10th 2 weeks later ,and again was told someone was on vacation . At this point I want a full $100.00 refund check .It has been 3 months .

A full $100 refund

I talked to ***** who stated you have since rec'd a refund check for $70.

As of 11-7-13 I still have not recieved a check of any kind at my residence.

05/23/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

$500 Pleated Patio Curtains destroyed by their cleaning process. Issue could of been avoided if not neglected.
I sent my Royal Velvet Pinch-Pleat/Back-Tab Thermal Patio Curtains ($500) to "City Dry Cleaning" on main st in Findlay, Ohio twice. The first time was about 6 months ago. The curtains were brand new and accidentally got soiled. I frantically searched the web for the best rated dry cleaning business in the area as these curtains were SO EXPENSIVE that i wanted to make sure they would get treated CORRECTLY even if it meant I had to pay more than the other cheaper but 'decent' places.

I dropped them off the day it happened and explained where the stain was and to make sure it was pretreated. My concerns were brushed off by the attendant who appeared to be new and overwhelmed. After a week went by and no response from the business, I became worried. I called City Dry Cleaning and they told me the curtains were done and to come pick them up. When i went to pay for the curtains, i had asked if they were able to get the stain out. They had "no idea." I asked if they could open the bag and hang up the curtains so that i could see them. When they hung up the curtains it was CLEAR there was an issue. Not only did the stain NOT COME OUT, the curtains were also TORN and there were other stains (red marks) that were not there before. Obviously I was very upset as i was about to pay for the dry cleaning on a damaged product that they didnt even TELL ME about! The manager expressed sincerity and apologized for their shortcommings. They kept the damaged curtains and sent us a check for the cost of the curtains. I ordered the same exact set.

Fast forward to present day. The replacement curtains got soiled again. Since they took care of the situation last time, I decided to take them back to the same place. When i dropped them off i made SURE to show the attendant the stain, made sure the wet stain was bagged so it would not spread elsewhere, and also told the attendant that these were the exact same brand of curtains we brought last time, with the SAME stain, and to PLEASE make sure to look back at our previous history to make sure the same issue would NOT happen. I explained in detail of the tears, the extra stains, and to please pretreat the stain as it did not come out last time. I also advised to PLEASE call me if their were any issues. She assured me that they would not get torn, that they would put them through a different "process" than last time and not to worry.

Again, 1 week later and no phone call. I called City Dry Cleaning again and they told me that they were indeed ready to be picked up! When i went to pick up the curtains, they did not tell me there were any issues, and began to ring me up. I asked to see the curtains to make sure nothing went awry. Sure enough, when they hung up the curtains for me to see, the stain was CLEARLY still there! and the curtains were RIPPED AGAIN! The stain had also spread to a completely different side of the curtain - the attendant who originally checked the curtains in when i dropped them off AGREED that the stain was NOT there in the 2nd spot that it is now in when i dropped them off. I was told by management this time around that they were not liable for the damage because "they followed the care package" and that they would gladly demonstrate how its "impossible for a stain to spread" They refused to refund the curtains and instead try to piece them back together and attempt to remove the stains after it had been sitting for 8 days. When i complained that this wasnt the service i deserved, the "Owner" said my only other option was the pick them up as is because they followed their process and again they werent liable for anything. I will NEVER go back to them, and i will be sure to tell ALL of my friends/family/coworkers what an awful place this is. I lost $500 on curtains that were less than 6 months old, but thankfully It wasnt a sentimental item such as my wedding gown that couldnt be replaced. The Owner was extremely rude, unprofessional and refused to take ownership in their mistakes.

I want refunded for the cost of the curtains.

Ms. *********'s account of what transpired is false. She brought these curtain in about 6 months ago with dog urine on them. We were unable to remove the stains/urine and in good faith reimbursed her for the curtains as it is our policy to cover customer claims regardless of the issue at first pass with our new customers. She was reimbursed $500 for the curtains as we were unable to get the urine out.

She then brought the SAME curtains back in recently. We followed the care label and again were unable to get these stains out. She spoke to our manager, whom offered to try another process and Ms. ********* refused. She ONLY wanted to be reimbursed again. She also noted that were tore her curtains. This is not accurate either. The stay in the corner bottom of the curtain popped out. We pushed it back in and stitched it back up. The most shocking item about this is the curtains were NOT new (and in fact the same curtain we reimbursed her for months back.) After yelling at our manager she left me a nasty VM (which I still have). I called her back and spoke to her for 13 minutes. I repeatedly offered to try another process, but she ultimately only wanted the cash for the curtains (again the same curtain that were already reimbursed her for.) There were no additional stain on the curtain and no tears as she suggested in her complaint. She threated if I did not pay up, she would harass me on social media and complain the BBB.

Yes at that time I told her she just needed to pick up her curtains. She yelled and used vulgar language...there was nothing professional or well-mannered in her delivery. Below is what she posted on our fan page, google + and Yelp. She also began to comment on our customer posts about how awful we were until we finally banned her from our page. She made false accusations about our organization. We will be pursuing legal action again Ms. ********* for Libel unless she immediately removes her posts and publicly apologizes for her actions. She still has a balance due to us for cleaning the curtains. We have pictures of the merchandise that we would like to share, including the label, which clearly shows the curtains were not 6 months old.

Dry Cleaners, Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery and Rug Cleaning, Restaurant Work Wear & Supplies, Delivery Service, Uniform Supply Service, Promotional Products, Promotional Products - Wearable, Promotional Products - Non-Wearable, Health Care Linen Service, Linen Supply Service, Leather Cleaning, Graphic Designers, Fur Storage, Fur Cleaning & Dyeing - Retail, Drapery & Curtain Cleaners, Dry Cleaners - Mobile, Carpet & Rug Cleaners, Bridal Gown Preservation, Alterations - Clothing, Uniforms - Accessories, Uniforms - Medical, Uniforms, Buttons - Clothing, Embroidery, Embroideries - Uniform