BBB Accredited Business since 01/26/1998

Great Lakes Credit Union Inc.

04/06/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This loan representative *** is a true example of how not to treat your customers/members. I would be embarrassed as an employer to have a rude representative such as *** to represent my company and department. Every call or notification from *** has been nothing but rude, hostile, intrusive, and disrespectful. She portrays to seem concern when asking you to briefly identify your needs but after hearing them she reverts to being cold hatred intrusive and irrational in her response. I have been affiliated with this company since 2007, I had no issues but good compliments until my loan rep retired and replaced by ***. Not only is her phone conversations rude, hostel, and disrespectful but her intrusive bulling approach in handling arising issues is also reflected in her voicemails. She has been reported numerous of times to her direct branch manager and a call/voicemail had been left with the credit unions top director months ago. EIGHT MONTHS later this issue has not been resolved and these behaviors has been tolerated and supported. Behaviors tolerated such as ***s will never change, especially with no support from her managers. Example #1: I had experienced many ups and downs with caring for my loved ones back home which interfered with my income. After being asked to explain what was going on, which I did. The representative *** made it clear that she did not care about my concerns. She abruptly made it clear, by saying this is not a reason and you need to make your payment or surrender your vehicle. Even after making consistent payments for years. Example #2: My last dealing with *** was via after a direct transfer or passing ** the phone receiver. I had called in to finalize my car payments in hopes to pay it off that day. However, *** wasnt available so the representative took the call and began to answer my questions. On my last question, which I thought I was still talking to the credit unions tellers, but it was *** who abruptly said this is ***, ******* what do you want. The tone from the respectful teller dramatically changed to kayos. Then she went on and said what is the problem, why wont you pay this payment off? If she wouldve effectively communicated with any one or even appropriately, tactfully approach the situation she would've known that I was calling to confirm payments and what was owed. However, the conversation went wrong and now I left the phone full of anxiety, and raged with disrespect. She has no regard to customer service, customer excellence, appropriate communication, dignity or respect for her customer/members. She needs to realize that we all are human and due to life circumstances things *** not go the way it supposed to but to honor customer service, respect for Great Lakes Credit Union members.
Product_Or_Service: Car Loan

My request is that the employee (***) of Great Lakes Credit Union to be held accountable for her actions and pure disrespect for its members. Obviously, nothing over the last 8months has been done, because her behavior and actions has not changed. I feel bad for others who *** have to experience the same treatment and harassment that I have. I have offered to submit my voicemails from *** and I even suggested that her interactions with its members be recorded or recording be retrieved for review. This behavior, experienced is unacceptable within customer service and should not be forced upon its members.

*** has been a collector for 20+ years. She knows the job well and is a professional at it. I have received many compliments from members who she has gone out of her way to work with in hard times. The key is that the member communicates with her and they are honest in their interactions. This loan was taken out in February of 2007 and was for a term of 7 years. It should have been paid off in March of 2014 but it still has a balance on it. This member should have had his vehicle repossessed months ago but we did not do that in an attempt to work with him in a positive way. He has made numerous promises for payments and not kept them or bothered to tell us that he was not going to be able to make the payment. I have also personally talked to the member on several occasions and he broke promises to me also to make payments. I have talked to this member in the past about his issues with *** and basically told him that if he communicates and keeps his promises to pay he will have no problems with us. The last time he called in he was tying up one of our tellers whose job is to wait on our members in the office, not talk to delinquent loan members, that is ***'s job. This member has called in many times before to get a payment amount and then never bothers to pay it.
If this member would have met the terms of his original loan agreement he would have been paid off a year ago and not be in this position. I have not gotten any other complaints about *** from any other members.

Credit Unions, Mortgage Brokers, Loans, Banks