BBB Accredited Business since 05/14/2002

Natural Foods Inc.

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

02/03/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We ordered chocolate minature mix they delivered bulk nuts. Will not refund, or ship the correct items.
We ordered bulk chocolates - ******* - for a bank location for exceptional customer service extended to us. We are in ********, bank location is in ************. We got a call from the bank to thank us and they let us know they had received bulk nuts - we were surprised as we had ordered chocolate. Having heard this we called BulkFoods - they advised us that we must return the nuts - unopened - which we can't do (remote location and gift) and it is unlikely as the bulk packaging is in our opinion compromised on opening as we assume some disturbing of the seals has taken place as well as some possible consumption as the receivers had no idea that what they had received was in error...

We paid by credit card and would simply like to receive the materials we ordered, feel badly that they shipped the wrong item and that this mistake might cost them - but this is clearly not our problem.

Please ship the chocolates we ordered - and do so at no further cost to us.

It is with great regret that we received this complaint regarding the wrong item sent and it disturbs us that such an unfortunate incident has occurred. Mistakes happen sometimes despite all the safeguards in place. In the event of such a rare and unfortunate situation, we must apologize and try to offer a resolution. Our policy is to send a return label to get the product back and send the correct item. However, since you now tell us that they did not know that it was a wrong item and they most likely have eaten it already, we probably will not get the wrong product back. We have sent them an apology letter and asked that they work with us to rectify this matter. Reshipment has been sent.

We take pride in our speed and accuracy of shipping products. Thank you for notifying us of this matter and giving us an opportunity to perform even better. We assure you that the person who made this mistake is being dealt with.

Thank You, The chocolate has been received. I would like to comment however that had the person who answered the phone call initially, (Representative **), been concerned or had expressed an interest to help resolve this problem at that time or her tone over the phone was at best "interested" I would not have felt the need to push this issue. Maybe she could have connected me to a supervisor as I asked- but she insisted she was the "Customer Service, Office Manager, Person In Charge" and there was no one else to speak to! If this is the truth, and it were my business, I would re-evaluate this representative. She made a very poor first impression!

04/22/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

They claim 3 attempts were made by ***

I claim 2.

The merchandize was sent back to them by ***

I have received nothing.

Are charging ship each way
They claim 3 attempts were made by ***

I claim 2.

The merchandize was sent back to them by ***

I have received nothing.

They want to charge me double shipping ,each way.( to me and back to them)

I have also placed a complaint with BB of NY.

I want all of my money back!

I believe there is a trend to abuse the internet method of transaction by both suppliers and *** in making profit on unfulfilled transactions. Which eventually will erode the convenience of the internet purchase.

A full refund of my Total paid ******
For order # *********

*** attempted to deliver the package that was ordered. The customer was not available for delivery. A notice was left. The customer did not make arrangements with *** for delivery. *** returned the product. As stated in our terms under cancel/returns, if an item is returned and the reason for return is not a result of bulkfoods.com error, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from the refund. We incurred a return shipping charge from *** in the amount of $11.84.

Based on the customers claim of not receive a third delivery attempt notice we offered to dispute the charge with *** on his behalf.

The business has subsequently refunded my money in full through the intervention of ****** and in light of this and based on this I withdraw my specific complaint against Bulk Foods but ask that both better Business and Bulk Food review Bulk Foods policy and *** policy in this matter. One should not profit by non delivery of service or goods for then what is to guarantee service fulfillment in the first place if one can profit from not providing it (for its failure).

12/28/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Placed order from Bulk Foods, order came in 2 boxes, one box contained bulk cashews box came apart spilled part of contents
Order # ****** date 11/17/15 order came in 2 separate boxes one box contained 30 lbs of cashews other box weighed much less and was ok. The bulk box was upside down and when I picked it up part of the contents spilled. The contents was not sealed. The other box all the contents were sealed, so if the box did malfunction it would be ok. The company told me the 30 ld box came from growers and never sealed. The company also states they do not open the 30 lb boxes. After emails back and forth the company stated they in fact did put extra tape on 30 lb box!!! They also stated there should be an arrow indicating up. They offered to file a claim with shipper, but the box wasn't damaged just came open. Why would a 10 lb package of cashews be sealed (which was in the 2nd box) and a larger weight of same cashews be left un sealed ?

I only have ask for 1/2 of the contents be replaced. I believe that is fair, no credits asked for, no entire package asked for just what was wasted when the nuts spilled.

We have filed a claim with UPS. UPS has stated that they went to pick up/inspect the package but was unsuccessful.
Products purchased in large sizes are not opened or repackaged when we receive them from the supplier. Items that are purchased in smaller sizes are packaged at our location.
We take every incident seriously and try hard to prevent further issues. To prevent this in the future we suggest ordering smaller consumer sizes which are repackaged.
We would be perfectly happy to reship or issue a refund once the UPS claim inspection is completed.

12/20/2013Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

ordered product on line but there was no floor number on order. bulk food said it was UPS fault. Bulk foods wants to charge me again for reshipping
bulk foods wants to charge me double to have the product reshipped and if I cancel then they still want to charge me double. They said that they had to pay UPS for the package being sent back to them. And I told them so, we both paid 9.56 in shipping. In order for me to get the product-i will either have to pay another $9.56 or have $19.12 deducted from credit card to cover their costs. As a resolution I offered to split the $9.56 shiping costs and they said no. I have requested to speak to a manager and was given the run around 3 times.

The order number is ****** on ******** payment amount $44.63 by credit card. I spoke to rep *** who refused to provide her name and another rep who didn't want to tell me their name. We have been going back and forth on emails to ***@bulkfoods.com.
There is poor customer service here where you can not speak to a mananger.

I would either like to pay the an additional shipping costs of $4.78 and receive the product or obtain a refund back less my original shipping costs of $9.56. So the refund back will be in the amount of $35.07. I beleive that this is equitable.

The order was submitted to us with an incomplete delivery address. UPS could not deliver. Usually UPS attempts to correct the address for a $5.00 charge. However, they returned the order.

We incurred a return shipping charge from UPS in the amount of $9.56. This charge is passed on to the customer. The manager spoke with UPS and attempted to get them to waive the return shipping charge for the customer but was unsuccessful. The service was performed.

The manager spoke to ******* and offered to pay half ($4.78) of the unexpected return shipping cost if the customer would reorder with a complete shipping address. A voucher will be available on the customer's account for use on his next order. We will pay equal part of the unexpected return cost.

For us to pay another $9.56 (the original shipping or reshipping) for something which was neither our mistake nor in our control would not be equitable. Following our cancel/return policy a credit has been issued for the product that was returned.

1. Instead of paying UPS $5 to correct the address-all Bulk Foods had to do was contact me and I would have provided the missing floor number. In addition UPS policy is 3 attempts as I provided proof from UPS.

2. The manager never spoke to me. I was the one as I stated in my complaint to BBB that I was willing to pay half $4.78. Bulk Foods played semantics with the words and was telling me to pay another $9.56. I mentioned to them why don't we split the loss. it was never my intention that Bulk foods pay the full $9.56.

3. Bulk foods sent me a credit back just recently for $25.51 hence making me pay the additional $9.56 anyway. the acceptable credit I was looking for is $35.07. I was not and still not in agreement in this. they did not even honor their own statement in paragraph 3 above of paying half. So who is not telling the truth here? This is still unacceptable and I did not authorize that amount.
Once this complaint was filed; instead of having the BBB, the customer and bulk food resolved this they quickly refunded what they wanted to.

We are now going on principle and honesty here-I would like the additional $4.78 credited back to my account please.

09/09/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The company sent me $98 of quinoa product that had tiny rocks and debris in it. At the request of the company I returned the product, plus shipping.
The company sent me $98 of quinoa grain that was unfit for consumption as it has tiny rocks and debris in it. I have expected the product to come to me bagged and cleaned. After filing a paypal complaint,the ocmpany agreed to return my money or credit in product if I returned the product and I also paid $5.95 for a shipping box to secure. After receiving the product back by tracking receipt they refused to respond to any of my emails for refund of the money paid. I invested 2 hours of my time in the entire process and I was able to get paypal independently to credit me back for some of my losses. However, as this company send me a product that was defective, had me waste my time sending it back to them and then refused to reply, they have a ethical business practices standard to maintain in that they should refund the entire amount $98.00 and 5.95 that they were unjustly enriched by receiving the product back at my time and expense.

I estimate my personal services time involved in the entire process of dealing with their fradulent act of sending me product that was not fit for ocmsumption and returning the defective product to them to be $110 at $55.00 an hour conservatively.

$98.00 and $5.95 (product returned to them) plus $110 in personal services expenses in shipping the item back and dealing with their fraudulent behavior.

The Quinoa was returned. As soon as the funds were released from the paypal dispute we issued the credit for the item returned as agreed.

Candy & Confectionery - Retail, Candy & Confectionery Manufacturers Supplies, Grocery - Bulk Food Stores, Spices, Nuts - Edible, Health & Diet Products - Retail, Chocolate & Cocoa, Candy & Confectionery Manufacturer Equip & Supplies