Monroe Aluminum Products Inc.

11/11/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Its not only a repair issue. I wish i could have clicked on almost all of them. Collection, delivery, repair, sales, service, etc. This has been the worst company that I have ever dealt with. the written story on here wont even do it justice. It all started when my roof Contractor had shingles roof top delivered. They came and delivered them. Stacked them 7 high with only a few nails for support and 20 minutes after they leave, they come sliding down and total my car while my family is out front. If my kids were walking underneath at the time, they would have been DEAD!!!! The company did not care one bit barely got an apology and didnt even get a phone call from a manager. I had to call them over and over to get new shingles delivered. After 1 full week I finally heard from the owner but all he really cared about was me talking to his insurance guy to settle my totalled car claim. (They wanted to get out the cheap way) So we decided to go with our insurance and have them go after there insurance. Atleast this way we can get what the cars worth. So after getting paid out for our car they do not want to pay my 250$ deductible and they do not want to fix the gutters that they ruined when the shingles fell. I sware they think this whole thing is a joke. If it was my company i would have personally came to the home apologized, discounted the shingles for free and had those gutters fixed the next day. Every time you talk to someone there famous answer is " there must of been some confusion somewhere and will get right on it" but there just trying to sweep it under the rug.Terrible Terrible Company!!

Finish the job!They need to fix our gutters and rufund our 250$ deductible. It was there negligence that made the shingles fall and total my car. 1 of my kids could have died. Thank goodness we were right next to them when they fell. Its been a month now. This needs to be done ASAP. NO MORE EXCUSES. If they really want to keep me from saying bad things about there company and make this right they can refund some of the shingle money back as well. This has been a giant headache for my wife and I

(BBB - converted from original document. See file.)

November 6, 2015

Dear Mr. **** ******,

We are writing in response to the complaint we received on your behalf from the Better Business Bureau on October 27, 2015. This complaint was in regards to the roofing materials that were delivered to your residence at **********************, Michigan.

Let us start by pointing out the facts. Our company's first priority is the safety of our clients and our employee . When we receive an order to deliver materials from a
contractor or homeowner, the order generally stipulates how the delivery is to be made.

1. Ground drop; the rr aterials arc put on site and the contractor is responsible to get them on the roof.
2. Roof top; the contr (ctor is on site and receives the materials on the roof.
3. Two man Rooftop; we put the materials on the roof In this case, the contractor (who should be licensed and insured) generally tells where to place the materials. If there are no directions as this was the case we put them in the best spot.

When the delivery truck arrived at your address there was a car in the driveway. Our driver asked you to move it to make the roof more accessible, but it would not start. So, he worked around it. Shortly after completing the work and departing, the accident occurred. Within 1 1/2 to 2 hours after finding out about it, our store manager called and apologized. When the truck driver returned to replace and restack the shingles, the driver and workers apologized to you. When you called to tell us of the damage to the gutter our representative came out and took pictures to send to our insurance provider. He met with you and again told you he was sorry about the accident and that if he wanted to get
someone to fix the gutters to send the estimate to the insurance company. We apologize again for what happened. Our insurance company also called recently and a check has been issued for the gutter damage, Please see attached letter from our insurance company in response to the accident.

**** ***************