BBB Accredited Business since 12/28/2010

Encore Bridal Consignment

04/22/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Business owner, Lee, is refusing to refund my money. I do not have any merchandise from this business.
I put a deposit on an in store dress with the understanding I would be shopping around still. I called her less than a week later to inform her I found another dress and that I would like a refund. She told me she could not do that because she had already ordered the dress from the vendor. This didn't make sense because this is a consignment shop and I was told I would get the dress that was in store. We went back and forth and she told me she'd contact the vendor and see what she could do. She text me stating she could do $200. I asked for $225. She told me if I wanted $200 to give her my address. I immediately contacted my bank since I paid with my debit card. They ultimately denied my dispute because she has a hand written sign on her counter "All sales are final". I did not make a purchase. I do not have any merchandise from this business. She can easily sell the dress she has in her store and refund my money. When I contacted her after my bank denied my dispute she told me because I "dragged me through the mud" she would not be willing to refund me. I ran into her and her husband at a bridal show yesterday(March 13) and tried to work something out again. She told me that she would give me a picture of the dress and I could try selling it online and then give her the $250 and keep the rest. That still would not make it right with me because I am owed $250 and the dress only sells for $500 so if I gave her another $250 I'd lose even more money. Then she offered to sell the dress and refund me the $250. The problem I have there is that how can I trust that she will do what she says or what if it takes a year to sell. I have tried to negotiate with Lee but she is unwilling to accept anything I offer. I am filing this complaint in the hopes this situation can finally be rectified.

I would like a full refund of $250. Again, I do NOT have merchandise from this business. I would like a full refund but am willing to negotiate a FAIR settlement. The transaction occurred in August 2015. I'd like to get this settled ASAP.

Wow! Well, Last August Ms. **** came in for an appointment alone. Appointments run 1.5 hr. and I spent 2hrs. with her trying everything to make her happy. She found several & wanted to come back with her friends. We had a second apt. where again she had her 1.5 apt. She decided on a gown, and asked if she could put 1/2 dwn. because she wasn't prepared to pay the full amt. This was NOT a dress to be ordered, it was a "sample" gown & she was made very aware of that.
I do not own the gowns. When she called 2 weeks later and "demanded" a refund, I explained that the money had already been sent to the gown owner & there are NO refunds. Having spent a lot of time & energy with her I did at THAT time offer her $200.00 back, keeping 50.00 for my time & trouble. She was adamant that she wanted the whole amount. I told her that was what I was willing to do, if she wanted it to send her address I would send a check right for for $200.00. About 2 months later I received a letter from Mastercard with her dispute, they removed the money and after it went through it was resolved in my favor. Next, she went to my bank & wanted them to order me to pay her back. I showed them the picture next to the register that says "all sales final" so they too agreed with me. She then contacted me again & started to yell at me for not wanting to resolve. I told her I was done with her if she still felt i was wrong to take me to court, and I blocked her number. Last week she sought me out at a bridal show & caused a scene. I went for help & the show sponsor wanted to know what i had done! I agreed to speak with her after the show to TRY and come to a resolve. After the show i was put in a small office with her, her 2 children, the sponsor & her fiance'. I told her I would put the dress on mannequin & take pictures to send her so that she could try to sell on line. I would Simultaneously try to sell the gown for her, if I did I would "split" the sale with her. She argued how would she "know" that I would! Her fiance' said no they wanted the original $200,.00 I had offered. I told him that offer was no longer on the table, and turned to leave. My husband joined me to exit the building & her started yelling that they should go settle it "like men, outside". We continued to walk to our car with this guy yelling the whole way. He kicked my car, pounded on the roof of my car & kept yelling. We drove away, contacted our local police & intend on calling the Toledo police to make a report.

What she is claiming is false. I have all documents from the bank along with the text messages we sent back and forth. I do not have any merchandise from her and she has no right to keep my money just because I disputed the charge with my bank. She has poor business practices!

First of all, the $50.00 was for my time & trouble. That offer is no longer on the table.
If Ms. **** is unsatisfied with my offer to sell her gown (as I do Many other brides) and feels that this is "unjust" I would encourage her to file a small claims suit.

I'm still not sure why I cannot receive my money back when the store has the merchandise that can be sold. I have nothing and am out $250!

12/17/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This women claimed she sold my bridal dress after not being able to find it wrote me a check for $75.00 as a done deal & 3 days later found it wants $
I took a bridal dress, veil & headpiece to a consignment shop in Bowling Green 2 yrs ago. The end of October she sent me a letter stating my items did not sell & I needed to come & pick them up. When I went to go get them she had the wrong bridal dress pulled out to give me. When she went to look for my headpiece she had the wrong item tag listed on the one that was suppose to be mine. She did end up finding mine & I got that back. When she went looking for my dress she could not find it. She looked all over could not find it. Then all of the sudden she was like no I sold it. I can remember the girl now who bought it. Yes I didn't sell it for much & since I can not find it, it had to be yours then I think the tag fell off. I said is that why I never got a check from you when you sold it how long ago? You would think she would double check her records to be sure. I don't think her record keeping is the best. She insisted several times she remembers this girl she sold it to. So she says I believe I sold it for $125.00. She said well what do you want for it? I said I don't know what was our agreement. So she says how about I give you $75.00 & I keep $50.00. Deal. I said deal. She writes me a check & I told her unless you find it in the next 5 mins of me walking out the door I will come back. No call from her. This was a Friday night October 26, 2013 around 4pm. Well I deposit the check in the ATM that night. Sunday October 28, 2013 in the afternoon I get a phone call from her around 4:30 pm that says hey I found your dress do you still have my check. I said no I deposited it. She said well when can we make the exchange I said I don't know because in my head I was thinking she could put a stop pay on the check I deposited in the ATM. So it's been over a month since she wrote me the check she calls me yesterday & says if I do not bring her back her money & get the dress she will take me to small claims court & ask that I pay all the fees. I do not have a copy of any agreements we signed I was wondering if I should ask if she could produce one. I did find her consignment agreement on her website & I do not believe it says if she messes up & has horrible record keeping skills that I have to correct her mistake. Also the sheet that showed what she had of mine & the price if she sold it she kept when she wrote me the check. I was also thinking if we had an agreement I signed would that not be voided once she wrote me the check & I accepted that as payment in full?

I just want her to stop calling me & harassing me for the money she paid me. she still has my dress sell it & get your money back. She screwed up & needs to have better record keeping. Not my problem & she does not need to take this to small claims court.

Early October I sent Ms. ****** a letter asking her to pick up her gown.
When she came,I was unable to find it, I panicked and gave her the value of her property.
The next day, I found it and called her to let her know. She said she had already cashed the check.
I said ok, but would she please bring the cash back. At that time she lead me to believe she would come back. She NEVER stated anything like I had to find it in the next 5 mins,. or else?
I called her maybe 2 weeks after that, and once again in Dec. She never answered my calls. I was very polite and just asked her to call back.
She finally answered after my last message told her I would be looking into small claims.
Our agreement was for her to pick up her property. Her property is still here.

First of all she called me on Sunday to say she found my so called dress. I'm not even sure she did find the right one after all the other issues. I was in there on a Fri. So it was not the next day. This was not our agreement to have me return the money to her if she found the dress. Technically her check to me was our new agreement as payment in full case closed. I never lead her to believe I would return her funds if she found my dress. She is just upset she can't keep track of her inventory & wants me to pay for her mistake.

Bridal Shops