In Northwest and West Central Ohio and Southeast Michigan

EverDry Waterproofing

11 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 5 closed in last 12 months

08/12/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Advertisement misrepresented a service

Complaint: Did not fix footer and cement blocks like sell man said would be done. And called about cement in shower drain on Monday and no reply back yet.
I feel they miss presented what they were going to do, and what happened to French drainage system? And no call back when talked to sell man Sunday and called office on Monday July 7, 2014 about cement in drain. I could had had tuck pointing done again a lot cheaper. The sell man knew about cracked footer and loose cement blocks, and tuck pointing them has not held when I had it done 2 times before. Just do not feel like they do what they sell. And if my dirt was so bad for foundation why put it right back in!

Everdry had been in contact with the customer and have taken care of the cement in the drain and all issues they were concerned about. The production manager, sales rep and foreman have all met with the customer to go over their concerns. Everdry warranties the work that was done as is stated in the contract. If an issue comes up with the wall in question Everdry will evaluate the wall and treat accordingly.

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
I want them to say in writing that they will fix the cement wall in question. If footer and wall left lose again or footer cracks more they will fix it to building code standards. If they are so sure their work will hold .Do not see why they Don't Want to Put it in writing. Instead they do double talk. Their warranty really does not say so! Thank you for your help with this matter.

06/23/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor a contract or agreement

Complaint: Bowed wall was not repaired. I was told if I wanted it done I had to pay an additional $1200.00
On April 23 I entered into a contract with Ever Dry through their salesman(*****) I had called them in because I knew of the one corner wall that was leaking and bowed. The agent showed me with a laser level, how two of my basement walls where bowed. He quoted me a price of $14,150.00 to repair cracks, strap the bowed walls, sump pump installation,cut out foundation and add drainage both inside and out and an EZ breath system. ***** told me if I would go on a short call list, I could get $1,000.00 discount, so I took advantage of this offer. On May 7 the work began. It took 2 1/2 days.On May 9 the crew said they were finished and would come back another day to seal the cracks. I needed to call to make an appointment for this. On inspection I asked why the front wall was not repaired. The crew leader ( I think *****) said it wasn't on their work order, but just call the office and they could do it when I had the walls sealed. I called and an agent (*****) came out on May 21. He told me if I wanted the wall repaired I would have to pay an additional $1200.00! He kept double talking and said to be covered under the warranty I would have to pay the additional money. I contracted to have my basement repaired and waterproofed. One strap, six straps was not specified. I payed for the JOB. I just want the other wall repaired.

Everdry contacted the customer and has set up a meeting with the production manager and the sales rep to go over the concerns listed.

*** our Production Manager and ***** the Sales Rep
met with Ms. ******** on the 18th and went over her concerns. At that time they all came to a mutual agreement that she did not need anymore stablwall and the wall in question was in good shape. I have attached a signed statement agreeing that no stablwall is needed. Ms. ******** said she would be contacting you re the complaint she filed. At this time all issues have been resolved. If you have any questions or need any more information please give me a call.

10/18/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Inappropriate behavior by customer service personnel

Complaint: There door to door sales representative #27 came to my house to try to sell there product, and broke my door bell button.
I expect them to replace my doorbell button or compensate me so I can replace it myself. I estimate the cost is $9.00 including tax for the doorbell button.

Everdry apologizes if we did break the doorbell. Everdry will send a check to Mr. ****** in the amount of $10.00. Mr. ****** may call Everdry direct if he has any questions or concerns and we would be happy to talk to him.

10/14/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

Complaint: Everdry was dishonest about the max monthly payment,the length of the loan & didn't reply with the information before the 3 day cancellation period.
8/6/13 no show for noon appt. 8/13/13 ******* Mendoza convinced me to sign a contract for $14598 based on; if I signed that day I would save $2000 & that the highest my payment would be was $212/mo for around 5 yrs. I told him $150/mo would be better for my budget but I was happy about the 5 yr term because I didn't want to drag it out forever. The $2000 savings was for being on a reschedule list so the date for the work could move up if someone cancelled & that I would move the items in the basement myself. He said he would be happy to come back at another time but the price would be at least $2000 more. He said Everdry would get back to me 8/15 or 8/16 with approval for my loan. 8/16 was the 3 day cancellation period. I finally called them on 8/20. ******* said I was approved & ******* would come to my house on 8/27 to discuss the details. On 8/23 I got a credit card in the mail from GECapital with a 6 to 24 mo 0% interest & then the remainder of the balance at 26.99%. This was never discussed nor could I afford those payments. I cancelled the credit card. On 8/27 I told ******* about the credit card deal. He said he didn't know anything about it & had never heard of that practice. He then called his office, ******* said the balance after the 24 mos. would be at 14.99%, although this was not written on the paperwork that I recieved from GECapital, so I found that hard to believe. He also mentioned a loan payment of $291/mo through another loan company, I told him that both were unacceptable & I would go to my bank for financing. He said he was going to have to cancel the scheduled date he had given for the waterproofing. I went to my bank that day, they told me it would be 2 to 3 wks for approval. ******* was going to come back that day but I called to tell him about the waiting period, he said ok. On 8/30/13 I got a call from ***. He said I had been approved with another bank for a payment of $158/mo. I asked him how that happened he said,"It was magic". That threw me off a little, I asked him how many years the term would be. Again he said, ******* was going to have to come to my home & discuss it with me. We scheduled an appt. for 9/6/13. *** said, "Don't be surprised if we start moving materials in". I told him not to do that, I didn't want his materials in my yard, because by this time I felt that I was not being told the truth. I no longer had confidence in the work they said they were going to do based on the runaround I had been getting about financing. On 9/3 I called Everdry & asked to talk to the office manager. The person said they didn't have one. She asked what I wanted, I told her I wanted to cancel & then I talked to ***. Yet again, *** said I would have to talk to *******. On 9/6 ******* showed up with another man,I feel to pressure me, unfortunately I'm not sure what his name was. They tried to convince me that I was all wrong about how I felt about the financing issues. The way I recall the facts & what ******* was saying do not match. Instead of $291/mo he said $279/mo was another option he gave me. They said they gave me just what I asked for $158/mo. But I did not want a 15yr term. ******* said he never said the $212/mo would be a 5 yr term it would have been a 10yr term. He showed me a sheet he had to figure out the payments. I never saw it when I signed the contract, I said it would have been nice to see that before I signed. They said they couldn't understand why I felt I had been getting the runaround. The contract states 25% of the $14598 that the job cost is owed if the job is cancelled after the 3 day period, but I feel I did not have all the information that they said I would by that date. They said I owe them for materials that they "ordered". I do not believe that is true. Whatever they "ordered" can be used at another job. Had I known what the actual payments were going to be before the 3 day period like Everdry said I would, I would have cancelled the contract on 8/16/13.

We always try our best to get our customers the best loans and terms possible, and based on her credit application, that was the best we got from the banks. When she didn't agree, after trying a few banks, we tried one more and got her a pymt that she wanted. In trying to explain, she decided that she didn't want to do it anymore.
We then tried to explain the contract stipulations to her and she became upset.
We have agreed to cancel the contract and relieve her of any further obligation to Everdry.

12/20/2012Problems with Product / Service
11/20/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: Product received was not the same as the product that was promised by the salesperson and the advertisement diagram.
Original Sales Rep, *************, came out to sell us the Everdry product on 7/18/13. It was promised within our discussion that "Foundational Support" is a large part of the service Everdry provides. Cracks in our basement walls were pointed out and stressed that they MUST be fixed for the security of the home. We were told that the front wall (where we get the most water) was in need of immediate attention. ***** extensively used an Everdry advertisement diagram of how this support occurs. Using the multi-step diagram, ***** explained that Mastic would be put on all outside surfaces on all 3 walls. ***** showed us how the Mastic goes all the way down to the footer. In the diagram you can visibly see that they dig down to the footer and Mastic the wall, sealing the foundation. Next, the diagram shows where field rock is poured alongside the home from the footer to the bottom of the "industrial J trench". As seen in the diagram, the "industrial J trench" is then installed and the remainder 24 inches is filled with a smaller pebble-like rock.
*** ******* came out for the next step and explained they only apply the Mastic where they can see cracks on the outside, but, he said, if you can see a crack on the inside it is always worse on the outside. Given this disagreeing information we wanted more explanation. ***** came back out along with ****. They admitted the diagram in the advertisement was a poor representation of the service offered - it showed Mastic down to the footer, where it should have noted it was only on the cracks and also showed stone being poured next to the home down to the footer, where no stone is actually poured but simply refilled with the same dirt they dug out - and agreed with what *** explained. Work began on 9/3/13. When we returned home that evening (after the crew had left), it was
discovered that Mastic had not been applied any lower than the 24 inch inspection trench ANYWHERE
on the wall. In addition, we were disappointed to find that the "industrial J trench" was nothing
more than a piece of thin plastic tarp. Upon doing our own investigation, we personally discovered
4 large cracks that had not been followed any lower than the inspection trench, though they reached
much deeper. On 9/4/13 this problem was discussed with the Team Leader, *****. He apologized and
stated they would fix those areas. The team did fix those areas (though not any deeper than we had
dug ourselves), but they did not inspect for any additional areas. Mastic was not applied down to
the footer ANYWHERE on the home, even though several cracks are seen on the inside walls all the
way from the top to the footer. The service that was preformed was not in line with the service
that was promised by the sales reps as well as represented in the Everdry advertisement diagram.
We did not receive any "Foundational Support" that Everdry promised.
Finally, the contract that we signed clearly stated "Seal Wall Cracks" as part of the outdoor work of this multi-step program. This "Seal Wall Cracks" is listed separately from the tasks of digging the inspection trench and applying Mastic. Wall cracks clearly were not sealed as we were able to identify cracks even after the initial inspection trench was dug.
The finished product was priced at $17,164, which we previously chose to have financed through Everdry.

Everdry has been in contact with with Mr. ******** and have set up a meeting with him on October 29th. *** our Production Manager and **** the Sales Rep will be meeting with him to go over his concerns.

EverDry did come out and have a meeting with us on November 5, 2013. At that time we readdressed our concerns as mentioned. However, resolution was not found. EverDry concluded that they were going to fix an ongoing issue of mold and humidity in our basement, which is appreciated, but did not address our original concerns. We still have the concerns of the cracks that were not sealed in the first place as well as the misrepresentation in their product brochure and as it was explained to us by multiple salesmen.
When discussing the lack of completion of the wall cracks, we were informed that they could not fix them now as it would "damage the system" and they also could not provide us monetary compensation as that would negate the warranty. Essentially, if they paid us any money back and then we later found water in our basement, they would no longer be responsible for the cracks and water because they had paid it back. However, we believe that receiving monetary compensation for work that was not completed in the first place has nothing to do with the warranty that we purchased with the product.
When attempting to discuss the brochure misrepresentation, nothing was addressed. EverDry skirted around the issue and did not offer any solutions or ideas. Virtually nothing was said on the fact
that we felt deceived based on the brochure and the salesmen's promises.
We wish to have this complaint re-opened with the Better Business Bureau as it remains unresolved. EverDry has not addressed our issues nor made a direct effort to do so. We are still looking for resolution from the company in the way of fixing their advertising misrepresentation as well as monetary compensation for work left undone.

November 5th *** and Nick met with the Eichhorns and went over all the concerns they had. Service was done on November 16th and at that time insulation and plastic was put over the basement windows and access door to eliminate humidity levels in basement. This will be monitored by the Eichhorns and they will keep Everdry up to date if this becomes a concern. Everdry also had them pick a spot on the outside that they thought was not sealed and Everdry dug down the outside wall and the homeowner was able to check it see that it was done properly. Everdry did the work that was contracted for and stands behind the product and will do whatever is necessary to maintain a dry basement for the Eichhorns.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that while the company addressed the complaint issues, the complainant was dissatisfied and the matter was outside BBB Rules of Arbitration.

07/23/2013Problems with Product / Service

Basement Waterproofing, Air Purifying & Cleaning Systems & Equipment, Mold Consulting & Testing, Mold & Mildew Inspection/Removal/Remediation, Mold & Mildew Remediation, Mold & Mildew Inspection, Waterproofing Materials, Waterproofing Contractors, Foundation Contractors