BBB Accredited Business since 09/30/2010

City Wide Auto Credit East

9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

05/19/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Made a vehicle purchase, and company is dragging their feet about supplying a memorandum title.
On April 23, 2015, my wife and I purchased a vehicle from *** ********* at City Wide Auto Credit.

We paid the balance in full at the time of the transaction. Part of this balance included tax, temporary tag, and title.

I have called several times to request the memorandum title so we can get our new plates before the temporary tags expire. Each time I get the runaround, and I am never able to get a straight answer. Every time, the person I talk to conveniently needs to talk to someone else in the company (that handles the titles) who is never there. Every time, I am promised a phone call back, but I have to tall the next day, because that returned phone call never happens.

Additionally, I just paid $4300 to ******* **** to replace a head gasket, broken rocker arm, fuel injector, push rod, spark plug, steering shaft, valve cover gasket, and the vehicle was missing the owners manual. I still need to have a universal joint, and an exhaust manifold replaced. That repair total is $1,773.75, for a grand total of $6,073.75. That is just under the amount that I paid for the vehicle. *** told me that this was checked about by a mechanic before he sold it to me, and that nothing was wrong with it. There were no lights on the dashboard indicating otherwise, so I took his word for it.

So I have an additional bill of $6100, plus no title.

I would like to have the title in my hand in less than 24 hours, and a refund for the repairs that have been preformed, and an agreement to pay ******* **** for the repairs that need to be made.

May 15, 2015
THE CONSUMER PURCHASED THE VEHICLE ON APRIL 23, 2015, AND WAS PROVIDED A 30 DAY TEMPORARY TAG REGISTRATION WHICH EXPIRES MAY 22, 2015.
THE DEALERSHIP IS NOT DELAYING PROVIDING A MEMORANDUM TITLE IN ANY WAY. THE VEHICLE THIS CONSUMER PURCHASED WAS A TRADE IN, WHICH ALSO HAD A LIEN HOLDER. THE LIEN HOLDER PROVIDED A LIEN RELEASE IN A TIMELY FASHION, WHICH ALLOWED THE DEALERSHIP TO TRANSFER OWNERSHIP TO THE CONSUMER ON MAY 15, 2015 - ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE TEMPORARY TAG REGISTRATION EXPIRATION DATE. THE CONSUMER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT A MEMORANDUM TITLE IS READY, AND HAS CHOSEN TO PICK THE MEMORANDUM TITLE UP ON SATURDAY, MAY 16, 2015, RATHER THAN HAVING IT MAILED.
THE CONSUMER HAS PICKED UP THE MEMORANDUM TITLE ON SATURDAY, MAY 16, 2015 AND MENTIONED NOTHING TO THE SALES STAFF REGARDING REPAIR COSTS OR PENDING CONCERNS.
ALSO, THE DEALERSHIP AND THE SALESPERSON NAMED HAS NOT RECEIVED A PHONE CALL MENTIONING ANY CONCERNS REGARDING REPAIRS PRIOR.
THE VEHICLE THIS CONSUMER PURCHASED HAD 220,124 MILES AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE, AND WAS SOLD AS-IS, NO WARRANTY WAS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND DOCUMENTATION IS ATTACHED, ALONG WITH THE SIGNED SERVICE CONTRACT WAIVER FORM.
IN ADDITION, EVERY CONSUMER WHO PURCHASES ANY VEHICLE FROM OUR DEALERSHIP IS ENCOURAGED, AND GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO NOT ONLY TEST DRIVE THE VEHICLE AND HAVE ANY VEHICLE INSPECTED BY AN INDEPENDENT REPAIR FACILITY OF THEIR CHOICE PRIOR TO PURCHASING, REGARDLESS OF THE SELLING CONDITION (AS-IS OR WITH WARRANTY)
IN REVIEWING THE CONSUMERS COMMENTS, IF THE VEHICLE NEEDS ADDITIONAL REPAIRS, WE WOULD LIKE TO ENCOURAGE THEM TO OBTAIN ADDITIONAL REPAIR QUOTES FROM NUMEROUS FACILITIES TO POSSIBLY SAVE MONEY.
AT THIS TIME, THE DEALERSHIP FEELS IT HAS MET ITS OBLIGATIONS IN FULL AND BELIEVES THE REQUESTS FOR ASSISTANCE IN REIMBURSING THE CONSUMER FOR PREVIOUS REPAIRS OR PENDING REPAIRS IS NOT AGREEABLE.

06/17/2016Problems with Product / Service
08/01/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I bought a 04 jeep wrangler from City Wide Auto Credit on 3-8-16 and called them back on 3-11-16. Talked to Nate(supervisor) and told him about the issues I was having with the motor, tranny and radiator leaking. He told me to wait till my other warranty kicks in to get the issues fixed. I had to change the radiator myself because I couldn't wait for another 3 weeks. I couldn't afford a diagnostics for the motor to show proof that there was something wrong with the motor and tranny. I took the Jeep into ***************************** in ********** 5-9-16 and that is where the diagnostics was done at that I have to pay for. I had a 3 way call with the Warranty Co & Mrs. M***** on 5-12-16 and they wouldn't pay for nothing because of 2 major issues with the Jeep. I called legal shield(lawyers) on 5-13-16 to get this resolved. City Wide Auto Credit didn't tell me nothing that was wrong with the Jeep.
Product_Or_Service: 04 Jeep Wrangler 2 dr sport
Account_Number: ***********

I would like to see if I can get $2500 so I can get my '04' Wrangler fixed while it's still spring/summer and not wait till winter when I can afford it. That amount includes the $330.change on paying for the diagnostics. I'm paying $15,110 in payments for the Jeep that I can't drive because of the cracked block.

Hello Mr. D**** My records indicate that we scheduled you in for a appointment around 03/18/16 in which the complaint was overheating which we found the radiator to be bad in which we offered you to buy the part we throw it in for free which that would have been the cheapest route and you declined then you called a couple of weeks later stating there was a motor problem at that time we were to booked to do motor work in which we suggested a couple of shops to you which it sounds like you didn't use and it ended up at New jeep store. We are sorry that issues occurred we inspect all of our vehicles and we didn't foresee any issues and I'm sure you didn't either or you would not have bought the vehicle that is why we offer specific shops to our customers that handle our warranty and know how to get it handled a lot of other shops don't like to use outside warrantees and they'll get lazy and get the issues denied which there's nothing we can do about it

10/26/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Repossessed my car saying that I owe so much money, yet it took a few times to get any paperwork or receipts.
I purchased a **** ******* ******** in October of 2013 from City Wide, they repossessed my car on July 9Th of 2015 saying I need 1700.00 dollars to get it back. While still having the car I called in an attempt to get payment history 3 times and she.kept.sending me payment schedule. When i spoke with ***** on the phone prior to repo she couldn't give me an answer.to why I owed that much. I went at one point to get.my car fixed at ** which is part of.them and didn't get any help and waited two hours. I had to have a.newer engine put in ,catalytic converter amongst other things. Didn't have my car for two months while engine was being put in and still made my payments. They would tell me late fees then all of a sudden there wouldn't be and then there would late.fees again. Customer service.with them was horrible. I know if they take this car to auction they are going to buy it back and resell it for the.same price but try to tell me otherwise.

I would like to be completely done with car with no harm to my credit or get it back with cheaper payments and start where I left off.

We are sorry for any inconvenience but the paperwork you requested was mailed out the same day you requested it. The fees don't change they are the same for everyone. The motor was not our fault ******** gave you the wrong spark plugs like we had spoke about before; we are sorry you were without your car for two months but once again that was not our fault, we will not be going after you for the unresolved balance.

05/18/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I went to purchase a vehicle from citywide at the time I had a running driving vehicle just wanted something nicer. so I agree to purchase a ********************* in excellent visual condition. but only with a stipulation in the contract that a few issues with causing a service engine/vehicle light. they agreed and it was put in the contract! so the first time it goes for repair I don't hear from them for 2 weeks. i call them and the guy says we cant figure it out can you pick it up and bring it back. i say no you can take the time to get it fixed. a day later he says its done they just had to flash the computer . less than a month later i have to call because the problem wasn't fixed. they take it again for 3 weeks they say again that its fixed to pick it up. i go to pick it up and my front seats,carpet,door panels are trashed just ground in grease everywhere. they refused to fix the damage. i said send to a certified dealer not these side shops but no. the next shop had it 3 times in the matter of a month and a half they couldn't get it right. so i say again send it to a dealer again no they send me to another side shop. so 4 or 5 more times to this shop at 2 weeks to a month at a time months later still not the vehicle i agreed to purchase from citywide auto.at the time of purchase there was no warning that the issues were that serious or i would not a bought it.the issues are not small this thing could have injured or killed someone. so 9 time after getting it back from the shop i had to play roulette with mine and my families life. on top of there ads saying "here at our dealership all of our vehicles go through a safety and quality inspection they are reconditioned for your safety and convenience". first thing i had to do when i got home was put brakes,balljoints,bushings,tierods,hub bearings,bushings, waterpump,thermostat. the back brakes had not even been working. so to sum it up 9 months and counting of payments 1000 down 1000 trade plus all the other parts. i say they failed
Product_Or_Service: ******************
Account_Number: *****,******

i say i want a refund now only because i have tried to get them to trade. they want to give me a rotten ford explorer not even half the features of mine and almost double the miles. they cant go by my vehicle doesn't run since if they would have held up there end it would be in immaculate condition.all they have done is trash the seats literally in the last 9 months that's where im at. so i offered them to just give my investment back they said no.

I am very sorry you are unhappy and having problems with your vehicle; please call or stop in to talk to management and we will work with you.

09/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Did not received duplicate title. Steering issues. Mechanic said vehicle unsafe. Never should been sold.

They wanted us to drive vehicle up there.
Bought **** ***** ******** from City Wide Auto Credit, 2251 Woodville Road, Oregon, Ohio 43616 on ********** Salesmen name was ***** *****.

We never received the dummy title and had to get one on our own. This cost us $6.00 which we already paid with the tax and title charges. Called ***** about where the title was and he said drive the car until you get a ticket.

One day the steering to the left was hard and continued to get worse. This did not happen all the time. Then one day is was a regular occurance. It was almost has if there was no power steering. This happened after 30 day warranty expired on vehicle. Could not turn the vehicle left without using force and then you would hear a clunking. Could also not do a slight turn of the wheel to the left. Right turn was fine.

Took the vehicle to my mechanic, ******* Auto Service, on **** ***** 2014 to check the steering out. He confirmed it was the steering rack. After checking further he found the ball joints and tie rods were bad also. When he said it was the steering rack he said the vehicle was unsafe to drive and should never have been sold because it was an accident waiting to happen.

Called the dealership and talked to ***** on **** *** 2014, both my partner and I did. He wanted to know if it was just leaking and I assured him that if it was just leaking the whole thing would not needed replace. He kept saying for us to drive the vehicle up there so they could take a look at it and we kept telling him the vehicle is unsafe to drive and we live in ******** **** which is ** miles away. We asked him to have it towed to their place and he said they would not do that. He kept telling us to drive the vehicle up there so they could look at it. He said he would have to talk to someone else and get back with us.

After two days of him not getting back to us we, again, called him. He still wanted us to drive the vehicle up there to them. Again we said the vehicle was unsafe to drive. He said you can turn it to the right though. We told him we were not going to drive it them. We asked him about our duplicate title and he told he wouldn't do anything about that because we lost it and we told him we never received it He said there was nothing he would do and hung up on us.

We needed to have our car fixed so we borrowed money from my brother to pay for the car getting fixed.

Break down of repairs:
Power steering Rack: $216.98 labor $180.00 for 3 hours
(2) Ball Joints $65.16 Labor $114.00 for 1.9 hours
(2) Tie Rods $69.20 Labor included in above
Alignment (done by ******* $59.00

total bill $756.42

Brother paid $500.00 and we paid $256.46 with check # ****

I have copy of bill and if need mechanic's contact information I will gladly send that to you.

I want full reimburse of mechanic bill plus reimburse for having to purchase dummy title that was not sent to us.

This car, as said by our Mechanic, should not have been sold and was unsafe to be on the road.

The memorandum title was sent out to the customer, when ***** called about it ***** told her it was sent out and if she hasnt received it then she would have to go to the title bureau and get a duplicate because the title was already in her name we can not get another one for her neither ***** or any one in the company has told a customer to to drive on expired tags until they get a ticket. We have our vehicles checked out when we get them in if we are aware of a problem it is taken care of before the vehicle gets sold. When she called about the problems it was having ***** was willing to take care of it even though it was after her warranty was up she would just have to get it up here to us, even if that meant towing it here.

The memorandum title was never received. We ended up going to the title bureau and getting a new one. So we paid twice for the memorandum title and those monies were never offered back to us. My wife****** ****** was on the phone also when ***** said to just drive on the expired tags until we got a ticket. *****'s behavior is not even close to being professional. ***** never said he would take care of the problem the vehicle was having. He said he would have someone take a LOOK at it. So we could have ended up paying for a tow to ****** from ******* and have to have it towed home. The first month we had the vehicle we gave that company $1300.00 and a first payment of $386.00. That seems to me like that was good faith on our part, but we have not received any good faith on the part of City Wide Auto Credit. We do not live in ****** and this is our only vehicle. I would think that after us giving them $1600.00 the first month that they would want to have a happy customer. ***** wanted us to drive the vehicle to him to look at it when it was clearly unsafe to drive. This vehicle was the second vehicle we drove, the first was a ******* and the check engine light was on and the windows didn't roll up, so their statement that they check their vehicles is clearly false. We have three beautiful grandchildren that are in our vehicle all the time. This vehicle could have very easily killed them and us.

04/11/2016Problems with Product / Service