BBB Accredited Business since 01/13/2004

Roto Rooter

03/06/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Husbands health poor,. Sewer stoped up ,. called them to clean out . they came and didnt do job and collect 360 dollars for a job not done.
My husband has ARDS and is on oxygen. I had them come to clean out my sewer pipe. They came and the man was name ***** came and ran the snake and told us the pipes was collipes he only got about 19 foot in the pipe which where he stopped and didnt even try to undo the pluggage . In which they werent. He cut a hole in the pipe in front yard and then patched it with a shingle and two beer cans and covered it backup with dirt.We still have over flow of tolet, and backs up in bathtube. My husband and I cant even take a shower cause of the bath tub is full of sewege and yet they want to charge us another 380 plus a extra 150 just to come and fix the job right and add a clean and fix the cut out right. That they never fixed from the beginning . My husbands aunt paid them 360 to fix problem and they didnt . His health needs this fixed. So if you can plz help us . Thanks and God Bless
Dates Feb. 1st was when they came to work on it and didnt fix it .
Date Feb. 10th when they called me to tell me it would cost 380 to fix and 150 to come here inorder to repair the hole they cut in my pipe right and to fix my sewege stoppage right this time.
Oh I need to mention when he left the sewage was guggaling back in the bath tub and he said that is the way its suppose to do . I question that and he got hateful and left.
I called that monday and told them that they didnt fix it and they said they would get back with me and they never did.Until a week later.

We like to get them to do the job right when they was paid 360 and honor theyre work. My husband needs to beable to shower and we cant cause of the back up in the bath tub and we cant use the tolet cause of the back up . We want them to fix the job that they should had done in the beginning.

Saturday 2-1-14 we received a call from ****** ******. She had asked if we serviced the Skellytown area. I said yes and asked what was going on at her address. She told me what she was having a problem with. I knew by what she was telling me that she had a main sewer stoppage. I asked if she was on city sewer lines and if she had clean outs in the yard so we could access the sewer. She said she didn't think so and asked if we could go threw the commode. I explained to her it would depend on where the stoppage was.
I gave her a price of 275.00 for a sewer stoppage in *********** if we could find clean outs and approach it that way. If we had to pull the commode it would be 85 more. She said she needed to call someone here in Amarillo to pay for it for them. ****** then called back and wanted to know if we could take a credit card over the phone. and i told her that would be ok.
I sent ***** (a 15 year employee) at 12:53 pm and a couple of hours late ***** called the office and said he was going threw a directional clean out behind the house and the sewer line was running under the house and into the street but was pulling back mud at the end of his cable. Even on the smaller blades he was pulling mud which usually indicates a broken line. He said the customer wanted him to pull the commode. I explained to ***** that if he did that it would be putting further away from the problem and would not do any good. He called the office again and i suggested to him that he call the person paying for the work and explain to them that the pipe was broken under the house about 19 ft in. I told him to explain to them that we could dig up the line further out between the house and the street for an additional 85 and try to to hit the broken pipe from the other direction to get them open. ***** was given permission. ***** called the office at 6:20 and said he was able to open the sewer line but still couldnt pass *** broken area. We felt good about getting them open but they still needed to get there sewer repaired.
A few days later a man called demanding we come back, that we never opened the line in the first place after charging 360 dollars. He claimed we had done nothing.
This was not a very plesent converstation. I explained to the man that we cannot keep coming back and open the sewer for nothing and they would continue to have the problem until they get the pipe repaired.
On X-XX-XX A "MR ******" called about X:XX-X:XXpm and questioned what we had found at that location. He asked me why there was a hole in the pipe. I told him that i did not know that ***** had left it that way. I questioned ***** about this later and he said he left it open to install the clean out when we returned to repair the break in the pipe that was causing the stoppage. I told Mr ****** that we would come back and try to get them open and even install the clean out at no charge but that the sewer still will need to be repaired under the home. The next day the office called to schedule a time to come out and install the clean out and the customer stated that they didn't need us and they were taking matters into their own hands. The next thing we knew we had a letter from the better business bureau.
We would like permission to come back out and install a clean out and try to open sewer again. We would also like to give the customer a free estimate on the repair needed on the sewer so they won't have problems in the future.

Plumbers, Pressure Washing, Plumbing Drains & Sewer Cleaning