BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 06/06/2005
Elegant Horse Pictures
Phone: (866) 333-5963
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Problems with Product / Service||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||1|
Complaint Breakdown by ResolutionAbout Complaint Details
|01/02/2013||Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Non-delivery of products
Complaint: On December 11, 2013, my mother and I found an online company that sold two prints that were matted and framed that we wanted to purchase. In viewing the site, prior to purchasing, we had a few questions therefore we called the company. The phone was answered "hello," I asked if I had the correct number and was told "yes!" I asked the gentleman's name and he responded by saying "(____)." I then put him on speaker so that my mom could hear and ask any questions she had regarding size, matting, framimg, signed/not signed, etc. During this coversation, (____) was very rude and short. Once we decided on the two we wanted to order we asked if we could continue the purchase by phone since we were already speaking...he said "No, order online." We asked when we should expect the order to deliver and were told in 2 day, which would make Thursday December 13. I sat with my mom as we filled out the information request for name, billing address, ship to address etc. All went well and we paid. We didn't recieve our order on Thursday, but new that that was an estimate by (____) and considering the holidays, it could be a bit delayed. Friday came and went with no order. On Tuesday the following week, my mom (____), called (____) and he after reviewing his records he found my mother's first name and no last name. He assured her that it was sent and she asked to what address and he stated the address given for billing. At that point my mother informed him that that address was the credit card billing address and not the ship to address and that that address is to their old house which is for sale. He was extremely rude stating it was her fault and seems to be the only information that he got correct was the credit card number. In trying to resolve this problem, we can't get a tracking number or any assistance on his part what so ever. (____) just a few minutes ago screamed at me and told me its not his fault we can't type or don't know where we live. Horrible customer service and looks like fraud!
Business' Initial Response
Photographers - Portrait
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Eastern Missouri & SouthernIllinois. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Elegant Horse Pictures is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
Additional Phone Numbers
- (314) 340-2132
- (618) 345-6917
- (314) 805-8236
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
BBB began including complaint response text in BBB Business Reviews on August 2, 2010.
BBB reports the complaint response text for all reportable complaints against a business that are received electronically.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.