In St. Louis, MO

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

03/07/2014Problems with Product / Service
12/18/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Delayed completion of service

Complaint: The retaining wall was supposed to be completed in a 1.5 weeks, two weeks ago, and the owner keeps making excuses as to why he can't come finish.
The proposal was made September 28, 2012 for a large boulder retaining wall. 1/3 down, 1/3 at start and balance upon completion. A check was written on November 14. Since then, (name), owner, has only worked a total of four days. He keeps calling and postponing work on the wall, and I have my deck waiting to be put in, and also sod, which he says, "Those people should contact him to get a start date". As of 11/26, he asked for a check of $4,000. He has not worked enough to deserve a check, and is not reliable. Now I'm stuck with a half finished wall, a mess of a back yard, and subdivision complaints because of soil running into their yards and ruining their sod. I'm out of options and don't know how to make him complete his job, like we agreed on. His word means nothing, he is not trustworthy. I need a solution quickly.

the job is done the stones were provided by our company and the back fill was provided by the builder. there is nothing wrong with sona tubes they are put in correctly and we told her we would come back and fill with clean gravel if necessary.
the stones we dug up were used for fill that was agreed upon and what the builder brought us. We couldn't start until we got permits and then we had to go the quarry to truck boulders to her property, due to no staging area closer to her home.

The permits were not what we were waiting for. I have photos of damage that was done to my concrete foundation, and also how the fence cannot be placed with the sona tubes as they are. The delay was when he was at other jobs, or said he would come, but the morning of, he would call and say he would be there the next day, or the day after that. It was very unprofessional, and rude. And now I have to deal with a mess because of it. There needs to be some kind of refund, because there is no way I will let him ruin anymore of my yard.

Mr. ****** (owner) states: We didn't crack the foundation. Our duties were fine. Chesterfield fence said that the sona tubes were fine. The fill that we put back in was out of her yard. She paid me in full and her husband said it was great. We are not giving her any money back.

05/02/2013Problems with Product / Service

Mason Contractors, Contractors - Retaining Wall, Contractor - Decorative & Specialty Concrete, Driveway Installation, Paving & Repair, Concrete - Stamped & Decorative, Patio Builder, Foundation Contractors, Concrete Contractors