St. Louis, MO

Missouri Farm Bureau

10/05/2011Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service

Complaint: I had my sewer backup into my home 6/26/11 and as of 8/18/11 the 1st portion of the work is yet to be completed.
I have spoken with agents with my insurance company agents ____ and ____, to say the least the service that we've received is far from what was expected. I have not been able to use the second portion of my home as it has been damaged since 6/26/11. the insurance company has not responded in a manner that shows that our time, money and energy are all important. It has gone so far as I had contact ____ supervisor _____ and we have not gotten a call back from him either. I think that it's really bad because I took hundreds of pictures typed up an estimate for all damages and sent copies of all pictures taken on a DVD with the companies name lightscribed on it. And now after seven weeks things are just to be repaired. The agent has all of the information but he continues to put or claim on the back burner. Now, as of 9/19/11 I have only received payment for my lost items such as appliances, clothing and electronics. At this point I am still waiting to have my basement repaired, I have a contractor that's ready and willing to do the work, but my insurance company will not release a payment to me to start paying the contractor. They released a check to me for $5000.00 with my name and my mortgage lenders name on it to start the work. This now complicates things because of the fact that the mortgage lender has to get the check and send an new check to me after they also see the contractors estimate and list of repairs that need to be done. I don't understand why this was done when it will take an additional 3 weeks to get the check back from my mortgage lender just to start the work in my basement which will make it over 4 months since the damage occurred. My insurance company is making this harder and harder for me everyday, all I want is to get my life back to the way it was and they don't seem to care at all. I also wanted to mention that I have taken multiple estimates from my contractor directly to my new insurance claims adjuster as the previous one was terminated for not handling the claim properly and telling the plumbing contractors to stop all work at my home because I cost him his job. So now ______ is the claims adjuster working my claim and the multiple estimates that I have hand delivered to him isn't enough and his boss ____ is now giving me a hard time to get the work done on my home by having a check issued to me and my mortgage lender, again I just want my home and life back to the way it was. With the check made out to both myself and the mortgage lender it forces me to allow my mortgage lender to pay the contractor directly before I approve any completed work in my home, I don't feel this is fair to me because I am the person that has to live here, not the lender nor my insurance company which are paid every month by me. I just want and need help to resolve this issue as soon as possible, so I can get back to my life the way it was before it was ruined.

Please allow this correspondence to serve at Missouri Farm Bureauïïïs response regarding the inquiry Ms. Consumer filed with your office (case number).

In August 2011 Missouri Farm Bureau received a complaint, case number __________ on this same claim. That complaint was filed by MR.(Name Removed). Missouri Farm Bureau responded to your office on August 31, 2011. Missouri Farm Bureau has paid for the damages to Ms. Consumers property that was caused by this loss.

Ms. Consumer states in her letter to your office that she does not wish for the mortgagee to be on the settlement for home. Missouri Farm Bureau has a duty to protect the mortgageeïïïs interest in the property and we will not remove the mortgagee from the settlement.

As stated in our previous response to your office (case ), Missouri Farm Bureau will not consider lost wages of Ms. Consumer or her husband as part of this loss.

05/29/2012Problems with Product / Service