In St. Louis, MO

D C Auto Sales

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

07/23/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit

Complaint: On June 30,2012 I called DC Auto Sales to inquire about a 2005 Sebring Convertible they had for sale. I spoke to (NAME) on the phone. She told me that the car had a clean ****** and that it already had passed the state required safety inspections and emission. She also stated that the car had never been in an accident. I went to look at the car and test drove it that day. When I went to discuss the price (NAME) explained that I had to put a $500.00 deposit down if I want to secure that they would not sell it to anyone else. After I gave her the $500.00 deposit she stated that she couldnt sell me the car till Monday July 2, 2012 because her son (NAME)-the (owner)was at the Lake of the Ozarks and that they had not actually gotten the state required safety inspection and emissions done yet but if there was anything wrong with the car that they had to fix it first. I then asked her to write on the non refundable deposit agreement that if there is something wrong with the vehicle that I would get my deposit back. She did and initialed it. (NAME) called me Monday July 2, 2012 and told me to pick up my car. When I arrived at the establishment I went to inspect the car and found that there was a rip in the seam of the convertible top that was not there before. I asked (NAME) about it and she stated that she did not know about it but it looked as if they tried to glue it together. She then tells me that it passed the safety inspection but they did not get the emission inspection on it because I did not need it. I explained to her that per the deposit agreement that she was required to have the safety and emissions done and anything that was needed to be fixed or I would receive my deposit back. She then stated that after I pay her for the car then she would get the emissions done but she would not fix the convertible top but she would put some more glue on it. I asked her for my deposit back and she stated that I can buy the car or lose my deposit. I told her I would contact her tomorrow.

Mr. *********** (owner) states: I think this complaint should be removed completely. She has received her money back. Before we had an opportunity to give her the money back she filed this complaint.

04/04/2014Problems with Product / Service