BBB Accredited Business since 02/11/2014

5 Star Auto Plaza

09/04/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

In September 2012 I took the car in to get an oil change somewhere else, and I asked them to do a full vehicle inspection also. They would not pass my car because they said the ball joints and tire rods had issues. I took my car back to 5 Star where I purchased it, and they inspected the car. They claimed nothing was wrong and passed the vehicle. Some time later I took it back to another business for an oil change and the same issue popped up and I took it back to 5 star they claimed nothing was wrong with my car. This happened a few times over the years to them and they always claimed there was no issue. I wanted to get the car fixed while I still had a warranty. They claim now I do have excessive issues with the ball joints and rods. Now that the warranty has expired they to see the issue with the ball joints and tire rods. I feel like someone is lying, and now that my warranty is up the dealership is telling me the car has issues, and they want me to pay out of pocket. I feel like they put my life in danger by not being honest with what was wrong with the car. They refused to be honest about what is wrong with the car. I am distressed about the situation.

I want them to fix the issues and use my warranty

Ms **** purchased her 2006 mustang in July 2012 with 30,451 miles, came back in February 2013 and had safety inspection done with 42,800 miles on vehicle. In February 2014 she came in with 62,000 miles on the vehicle and said that she had a bad rattle, upon inspection of the vehicle the service dept. found that someone had improperly secured battery in car and they corrected the problem no charge. Also the service manager took her out to the car while it was on the rack and showed her that everything under the car was tight. As of yesterday 9/3/2014 her car now has 78,230 miles on it. That is 11,779 miles over the term that the 3 year or 36,000 service contract originally covered. Thousands of miles have past since the service contract has expired there for paying for any repair would not be a option for the dealership.

04/14/2014Problems with Product / Service