BBB Accredited Business since 12/04/2009

07/31/2014Problems with Product / Service
04/24/2014Problems with Product / Service
10/08/2012Problems with Product / Service
12/09/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I had left my vehicle at the shop for repairs and they towed it without any notice either written or verbal. I had to pay over $400 in cash to get it
I left my car there for repairs for a accident which the person who hit me disputed the damage and I had to deal with ***** **** for the cost of repairs. Of course my license plates had expire and I couldn't move it without the damage repaired. I had talk to ****** several times and explained that I was just waiting for ***** **** to come up with the payment for the damage. I finally got a settlement and wanted to review the damage. The was towed to a impound lot in Fenton and I was never called nor notified by mail about the it. It cost me $382.50 in cash and nobody know the car was impounded when I was asking about it. I guess they have a kickback deal with ****** ****** because they didn't notify me either and they must split the money for the storage or sometime. What Crooks?

I am requesting my $382.50 returned to me otherwise I will be going to court and I will be calling the news stations, BBB, yelping if I don't get my money back in full.

In response to this person's request of returning $382.50 we have no record of ever collecting any money from him.
What I understand of the situation is that this person left his vehicle on our lot in July of 2014 after signing a power of attorney allowing us to perform repairs on the vehicle based on the paying insurance company's approval. The day after the vehicle was left with us we called the vehicle owner and reviewed the information given to us by his insurance company. During that call the vehicle owner advised us to hold off on repairs until further notice. We did as he requested but after several months and numerous attempts to contact the vehicle owner (on the same phone number he provided and answered previously) and him not answering or returning any of our calls we assumed the vehicle had then been abandoned.
In November 2014 we contacted the police department about legally removing what seemed to be an abandoned vehicle at that point. We followed their instruction by having a local towing company remove the vehicle from our property.
Our company never charged the vehicle owner any money and we do not believe we are responsible for any costs incurred by vehicle owner once the vehicle left our property.
It was not our intent for this to happen but because the vehicle owner refused to answer or return any of our calls for several months we were left with no choice but to remove the vehicle from our property.

06/20/2012Problems with Product / Service